APD Handbook Update 11/5/17

Guest G.O.A.T.

Guest G.O.A.T.
  • This rule change is effective immediately. 
  •  
  • Post any questions/concerns below. 

The Rebel update is meant to reflect a consistent view with Warzone. 

Executive decision update is meant to reflect what I have always done. Some members of the community were under a different impression on how it works.

Chapter III - Use of Force

1. Your First Weapon

1. Your first weapon is always your voice. Always attempt to defuse a situation without firing a shot.

2. If necessary, you may bring your weapon at the ready while continuing to use your voice.

3. If the situation calls for it, you may restrain a suspect or civilian if your verbal attempts to resolve the situation have failed.

2. Non-Lethal Force

1. The use of taser rounds are permitted when a suspect attempts to flee on foot or in a vehicle, or presents any weapon.

2. The use of non-lethal weapons may be used to disable fleeing vehicles by targeting the operator or their vehicle

3. Lethal Force

1. Lethal force is authorized only when non-lethal force has failed or is inadequate to resolve the situation.

1. Exception - Lethal force is always authorized in Warzone and any Rebel Outpost.

2. If you have loaded lethals during a situation against a single group and another group joins that situation, lethals are still authorized against all opposing forces.

2. Failure of a non-lethal solution is defined by 2 failed attempts with a non-lethal option by the individual officer.

1. Lethal loading waves are not counted until any officer has gone through at least 2 waves.

3. Lethal force may also be authorized when the officers are outnumbered by a ratio of 3:1.

4. If at any point while executing the duties of an APD member you come under fire without prior warning you are immediately allowed to return fire with extreme care for life and property of the people of Altis until the situation has been neutralized.

5. If an officer is tased during an active engagement lethal force is authorized against the group that tased the officer regardless of wave.

6. If a server reset occurs during an active situation and lethal force was authorized prior to restart, officers may return to the situation with lethals loaded on rebels still at and/or fleeing the situation.

7. If an officer is taken hostage, lethal force is authorized in order to recapture the officer.

4. Vehicle Shooting

1. The officers may only fire back when they have a positive location of the unit(s) that have fired

2. If the officers are starting the engagement APD must send a text to a member of the criminal unit from an officer before firing letting them know they will be fired upon by the APD if they do not surrender.

1. Exception - All APD ground vehicles in active pursuit.

2. Once it has been determined that the suspect is clearly evading, they are cleared to open fire upon the fleeing assailant.

Chapter XVII - Executive Decision

1. If at any point the Chief of Police feels the policies outlined above prevent them from fulfilling their duties in resolving a situation, they reserve the right to supersede the APD Handbook.

1. A member of the opposing group will be notified that the handbook has been superseded.

Even with the little that i do play, Loading lethals right away at rebels just doesn't seem right.. whats stopping the APD from going in silent setting up with lethals loaded, sending a deputy up to get shot and then killing everyone? i mean if going in silent wasn't a thing then it wouldn't be that bad.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Midnight said:

Even with the little that i do play, Loading lethals right away at rebels just doesn't seem right.. whats stopping the APD from going in silent setting up with lethals loaded, sending a deputy up to get shot and then killing everyone? i mean if going in silent wasn't a thing then it wouldn't be that bad.

I get this portion, however I think the change is primarily for, from my own speculation mind you, after black waters and Feds when certain gangs gather there to fend off the police so that cops have a fighting chance at recovery when they get there, rebels have ammo, medical there to help fend off the attack, so it’s balanced in a way however it may not seem it.

2 hours ago, MyersB said:

I get this portion, however I think the change is primarily for, from my own speculation mind you, after black waters and Feds when certain gangs gather there to fend off the police so that cops have a fighting chance at recovery when they get there, rebels have ammo, medical there to help fend off the attack, so it’s balanced in a way however it may not seem it.

I will say, I don't think this is the reason. Most times after federal events, a cop follows the group to the rebel and the situation stays the same, and therefore lethals are continue to be allowed. Second, with the recent rule update which makes it so if someone gets lethaled at rebel they can come right back. This is the counter to that rule update.

Guest G.O.A.T.
19 hours ago, Midnight said:

If only it ever worked like that.