APD Handbook Update 4/25/18

This rule change is effective immediately. 

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

1. Airplane Patrols
    1. Fixed Wing Patrol - The Fixed Wing Aircraft can be used for both recon and rapid response. Recon patrols can be performed by any APD member, with the approval of a Corporal or higher. For standard patrols, the APD may employ the use of parachutes to minimize the danger of a risky landing.
      1. Minimum Crew - Pilot - Corporal or higher must be present. (More than one occupant may be present for recon patrols)

2. You may perform recon over illegal areas without using lights and sirens.

2. Armed Fixed Wing Patrol - The Armed Plane patrols are conducted by Sergeants or higher. These patrols can be used for both recon and rapid response.

1. Armed Planes will follow Ghosthawk engagement rules.

1. Exception - Armed Planes can also engage ground units vehicles.

2. Armed planes may mirror the guns hot status of any active Ghosthawks. However, this does not apply vice-versa.

1. If a Ghosthawk is guns hot, then any Armed Plane in the area will also be guns hot.

• Like 10
18 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Exception - Armed Planes can also engage ground units vehicles.

Sooooo armed planes follow ghost hawk rules but can engage any ground vehicle as well? So if im not in a vehicle I'm safe from the armed plane if I don't shoot at it?

Just now, Aunt Jemima said:

Sooooo armed planes follow ghost hawk rules but can engage any ground vehicle as well? So if im not in a vehicle I'm safe from the armed plane if I don't shoot at it?

Yep Yep

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, NokiaStrong said:

If a person gets out of said vehicle can they still get shot?

Think of it like a hawk. If hawk sends the text waits 10 seconds then pipes a ifrit. Everyone in the ifrit gets out the ifrit. The hawk cant shoot the people unless shot at. Same thing applies here with the Armed plane.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DeadPool said:

Think of it like a hawk. If hawk sends the text waits 10 seconds then pipes a ifrit. Everyone in the ifrit gets out the ifrit. The hawk cant shoot the people unless shot at. Same thing applies here with the Armed plane.

Hard negative for the plane standards. If you are already guns hot, then we can keep shooting if they get out provided they aren’t standing still with gun lowered. People gonna think they immune if their wheel is shot out and they start running.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Hard negative for the plane standards. If you are already guns hot, then we can keep shooting if they get out provided they aren’t standing still with gun lowered. People gonna think they immune if their wheel is shot out and they start running.

I mean the handbook says it follows ghosthakw rules so where does it say the armed plane can keep shooting after they get out? Or is this anther unwritten?

2 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

I mean the handbook says it follows ghosthakw rules so where does it say the armed plane can keep shooting after they get out? Or is this anther unwritten?

It says that you must surrender in the engagement text so if they aren’t complying or at least trying to comply I don’t see any reason not to pipe after sufficient time is given. 

• Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, Viper said:

It says that you must surrender in the engagement text so if they aren’t complying or at least trying to comply I don’t see any reason not to pipe after sufficient time is given. 

But you are only supposed to engage vehicles unless fired upon soooooo.

57 minutes ago, Viper said:

What do you mean? Go read the plane engagement text. 

The rule says you can only engage vehicles and since it follows the same rules as the hawk. Why is it allowed to shoot the people when they get out compared to the hawk.

Just now, DeadPool said:

The rule says you can only engage vehicles and since it follows the same rules as the hawk. Why is it allowed to shoot the people when they get out compared to the hawk.

You're making something from nothing. Inter alia, the engagement text says to surrender. If you get out, but do not surrender, I will kill you. 

• Like 1
Just now, Fat Clemenza said:

You're making something from nothing. Inter alia, the engagement text says to surrender. If you get out, but do not surrender, I will kill you. 

The hawks text says the same thing does it not ?

2 hours ago, DeadPool said:

The hawks text says the same thing does it not ?

I actually see where you somewhat coming from. You're in a hawk and engage a helicopter the helicopter then lands and the pilot gets out and doesn't surrender you cannot roll guns. You're just slapping a plane and car in that situation instead.

Unless @TheCmdrRex says otherwise I would say in my opinion this situation would apply to planes fighting ground vehicles as well.