Civilian Grey Area Thread

1 minute ago, McDili said:

There will be a separate menu on the house trunk for Physical items just like there is a menu for virtual items. 

It's no secret, I've posted about it before. It should be a good client-side performance boost and maybe a nice boost server-side. We've had it on our to do list for a few months but from the get go we knew it would be a significant undertaking. Hopefully no more randomly disappearing inventory from crates and shit. 

So it would basically be a "press T for house trunk and press Y for Physical storage"? Would it then be the same menu as if you were interacting with a crate? Sorry bout the taking this off topic but im just very curios about the crates heh.

1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

So it would basically be a "press T for house trunk and press Y for Physical storage"? Would it then be the same menu as if you were interacting with a crate? Sorry bout the taking this off topic but im just very curios about the crates heh.

You'll see when it comes out :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 7:16 PM, MAV said:

if your taking someone in restraints your responsible for releasing them safely... if your intent is to kidnap someone from the cops to kill them, they are your hostage now... you must then release them in a safe manor

from my understanding if you jump through a window to get into a locked house that is exploiting to gain an unfair tactical advantage

you're not grandma gary tho so fuk off

• Like 1

I'm usually a vigilante, and I tend to rob people for their load-outs, however if they are an enemy gang can you taze them, rob them, then un-restrain them and shoot them for their red name. I've read the rules saying that when releasing someone they must be released safely, however it says that a gang war is basically initiation anywhere, anytime, under any situation. Everyone always says this is a clear grey area and I just wanted an expert opinion.

So I recently was in a situation where I was restrained by cops and like 7 minutes later in hq my friend came and shot them both, no initiation because we assumed that me being in restraints and having tags was initiation and then were told that it’s still 5 minute initiation  so just wanted to know if that if I am in restraints and 5 minutes passes from the prior initiation is my gang not engaged anymore? @McDili

Edited by Caleb Snackbar
5 minutes ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

So I recently was in a situation where I was restrained by cops and like 7 minutes later in hq my friend came and shot them both, no initiation because we assumed that me being in restraints and having tags was initiation and then were told that it’s still 5 minute initiation  so just wanted to know if that if I am in restraints and 5 minutes passes from the prior initiation is my gang not engaged anymore? @McDili

No, after 5 minutes from the initial engagement you will need to re-engage again.

Guest Kden
2 hours ago, MattmX said:

has a vigi can u say what the person is wanted inside the car then when i arrived at vigi arrest them, or do i have to say it in the vigi outpost?

You can read there charges and there bounty before you get to the Vigi outpost and then send them there

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Sauronagon said:

Does the server ever wipe in any way shape or form?

No and as of right now we have no intentions of doing so. (Not including illegitimate duped money and whatnot obv). 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:16 PM, Caleb Snackbar said:

If you are still in custody of the cops and you and your friend are both engaged, then he can pipe. The standard is a little different but it’s the same as if gang A has a Gang B member hostage and 6 minutes later he is still hostage. His gang finds the gang members who are actively holding his gang mates hostage, they can pipe. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:13 AM, MattmX said:

has a vigi can u say what the person is wanted inside the car then when i arrived at vigi arrest them, or do i have to say it in the vigi outpost?

It doesn’t matter where you tell them. As long as at any point of them being in your custody they know their charges, total bounty, and your intentions of putting them in jail - you’re good to go. 

On 5/28/2018 at 8:07 PM, scarylimes said:

I'm usually a vigilante, and I tend to rob people for their load-outs, however if they are an enemy gang can you taze them, rob them, then un-restrain them and shoot them for their red name. I've read the rules saying that when releasing someone they must be released safely, however it says that a gang war is basically initiation anywhere, anytime, under any situation. Everyone always says this is a clear grey area and I just wanted an expert opinion.

No, once you have robbed a player you are obligated to let them go and not kill them. Being at war does not give you a work around. Either you’re killing them, robbing them, or putting them in jail. Be mindful though that as soon as you restrain them you have officially taken them hostage and cannot kill them from that point on unless it’s a different situation.  

If you are still in custody of the cops and you and your friend are both engaged, then he can pipe. The standard is a little different but it’s the same as if gang A has a Gang B member hostage and 6 minutes later he is still hostage. His gang finds the gang members who are actively holding his gang mates hostage, they can pipe. 

2 minutes ago, Sauronagon said:

After you buy a house do you need to pay upkeep charges to keep it?

No. You just need to interact with it now and then.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the RPG work similar to the suicide vest in that you do not have to worry about collateral damage? For ex, if you suicide vest in kavala you dont need to worry about it, as long as you initiated with someone in the crowd. If i was engaged with a cop in a crowd of people, could I RPG him without worrying about a mass RDM ban? What if he is shooting at me and all I have is an RPG? 

Also, since you dont need to make a special engagement for using an RPG on helis, do you need to titan engage if you free fire a titan without the lock on?

On 6/29/2018 at 10:27 PM, yayobamacare said:

Does the RPG work similar to the suicide vest in that you do not have to worry about collateral damage? For ex, if you suicide vest in kavala you dont need to worry about it, as long as you initiated with someone in the crowd. If i was engaged with a cop in a crowd of people, could I RPG him without worrying about a mass RDM ban? What if he is shooting at me and all I have is an RPG? 

Also, since you dont need to make a special engagement for using an RPG on helis, do you need to titan engage if you free fire a titan without the lock on?

Not sure about the collateral damage for the RPG, but im pretty sure as long as youre engaged with your initial target, youre fine. Free firing a titan without lockon doesn't require special engagement to my awareness.