Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

If someone is vdming you to the point where getting up is not possible, are you allowed to kill them in the split amount of time you can?

If not can you initiate while spangled?

Also could we have only Admin/Support members responding because I don't want to get different answers and fuck up.

So recently I had a vigi who had me restrained the i was unrestrained due to excessive restraint and he then tased me again and sent me straight to jail because he read my charges before I got unrestrained, so first off is he allowed to tase me again to try viging me after I get unrestrained because of excessive restraint thing, then second does he have to read my charges to me again because he restrained me again 

Just now, Caleb Snackbar said:

So recently I had a vigi who had me restrained the i was unrestrained due to excessive restraint and he then tased me again and sent me straight to jail because he read my charges before I got unrestrained, so first off is he allowed to tase me again to try viging me after I get unrestrained because of excessive restraint thing, then second does he have to read my charges to me again because he restrained me again 

He can't rekidnap you. You should've alt f4ed my boy.

9 minutes ago, [W] Killer said:

If someone is vdming you to the point where getting up is not possible, are you allowed to kill them in the split amount of time you can?

If not can you initiate while spangled?

Also could we have only Admin/Support members responding because I don't want to get different answers and fuck up.

You shouldn’t kill them without engagement if possible. You should totally try to engage while spangled, however with this the issue arises that he could just get out and spray your already mangled body. 

The thing is that he has already broken a rule with the excessive running over - VDM. This is where things become iffy. If I did a player report, saw the reporter running over someone like this, and the person getting reported technically RDM the guy running him over excessively, I would NOT ban. However that is me, and another staff member would be totally fine in this case to ban the rdmer. 

5 minutes ago, Caleb Snackbar said:

If the time you were in restraints was a full 15 minutes and then you got auto-unrestrained, you should be getting a free ticket out of being vigi’d. That being said, if you were restrained by a vigi and he read your charges, regardless of the method of recapture after escape, I would say that if he caught you again within 5 minutes and your charges didn’t change then he shouldn’t need to worry about repeating your charges as long as he was sure to do every other vigi thing.

25 minutes ago, Sun said:

Do I have to say no homo if I rp as someone who is gay? And is it gay to rp as gay. 

Also can I rp as a racist and call people the n word and threaten to lynch people? 

Idk what this says about you, but I think you just need to come out already.

No rping as racists.

On 5/8/2018 at 5:55 PM, MAV said:

you ever jump through a broken window? you get cut the fuck up... its not an intended game mechanic... rules clearly state if your exploiting/glitching (which thats a glitch) to gain a tactical advantage (break into someones house without them getting notified) then its bannable. If you do it to evade/escape its bannable. 

If you do it for shits and giggles and gain no advantage, its not... its like super jumping onto buildings...its fine, as long as its not to gain an advantage.

So I can super jump just not while engaged ?

3 minutes ago, NigWard said:

So I can super jump just not while engaged ?

from what i've been told (which was about 4 months ago and could have changed) you can super jump, as long as you dont get a tactical advantage by doing so.. (like if you were evading arrest, someone shooting at you, etc.) RP jump on a trampoline :-)

2 minutes ago, MAV said:

from what i've been told (which was about 4 months ago and could have changed) you can super jump, as long as you dont get a tactical advantage by doing so.. (like if you were evading arrest, someone shooting at you, etc.) RP jump on a trampoline :-)

XD what about stealing my gang mates from police custody 

On 5/28/2018 at 6:07 PM, scarylimes said:

I'm usually a vigilante, and I tend to rob people for their load-outs, however if they are an enemy gang can you taze them, rob them, then un-restrain them and shoot them for their red name. I've read the rules saying that when releasing someone they must be released safely, however it says that a gang war is basically initiation anywhere, anytime, under any situation. Everyone always says this is a clear grey area and I just wanted an expert opinion.

No I’ve gotten in trouble for it

1 minute ago, NigWard said:

XD what about stealing my gang mates from police custody 

ill let you figure you if that giving you a tactical advantage or not :DPEducated:

On 6/3/2018 at 7:00 PM, Dante said:

No and as of right now we have no intentions of doing so. (Not including illegitimate duped money and whatnot obv). 

If you are still in custody of the cops and you and your friend are both engaged, then he can pipe. The standard is a little different but it’s the same as if gang A has a Gang B member hostage and 6 minutes later he is still hostage. His gang finds the gang members who are actively holding his gang mates hostage, they can pipe. 

It doesn’t matter where you tell them. As long as at any point of them being in your custody they know their charges, total bounty, and your intentions of putting them in jail - you’re good to go. 

No, once you have robbed a player you are obligated to let them go and not kill them. Being at war does not give you a work around. Either you’re killing them, robbing them, or putting them in jail. Be mindful though that as soon as you restrain them you have officially taken them hostage and cannot kill them from that point on unless it’s a different situation.  

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Kden said:

So if I’m say 40m outside athira rebels red zone and I start shooting in is that rdm? Or am I ok

well if u kill someone in a redzone and ur outside of red zone if will be rdm, but u cant get get banned for attempted rdm

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Malachi said:

So rules state that interefering with a whitelist training in any way shape or for, is bannabke and is enforced but how we supposed to know if training is taken place?

Don't go to training island

Boom ez answer gimme Senior Admin

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I can understand that, but like if a medic is doing their flight test, that is not done on training island, but the main island, so if I was to titan a medic doing pilot test and no one told me hey this is a test, then would that be bannable?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Malachi said:

I can understand that, but like if a medic is doing their flight test, that is not done on training island, but the main island, so if I was to titan a medic doing pilot test and no one told me hey this is a test, then would that be bannable?

We would obviously analyze the situation. Use common sense though and if you see them doing unusual maneuvers, assume it’s a test. If you’d get reported and they’re doing nothing to obviously show they are doing a test, then we won’t ban you because how would you know? If you send a titan message to a medic maybe give them an extended amount of time so they could potentially send you a message saying they’re testing.  

9 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Leave it to Rex to think only the APD exists ;D

13 minutes ago, Malachi said:

Titaning medics :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...