Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Grey Area Thread

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sporkins said:

If you engagered, and the engagered is by you and you make shoot at eyeball, and they muchly die, is that considered RPG?

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 10:55 PM, Toasty said:

Not sure about the collateral damage for the RPG, but im pretty sure as long as youre engaged with your initial target, youre fine. Free firing a titan without lockon doesn't require special engagement to my awareness. 

@Grandma Gary@McDili@Dante@MAV If players I am engaged with are taking cover behind a vehicle can I RPG/AT off-road it with intent of killing my target covering behind it?  Can I snek up and place a blasting charge behind them?  Am I liable for collateral damage or are they just outplayed?

21 minutes ago, mbpslyr said:

@Grandma Gary@McDili@Dante@MAV If players I am engaged with are taking cover behind a vehicle can I RPG/AT off-road it with intent of killing my target covering behind it?  Can I snek up and place a blasting charge behind them?  Am I liable for collateral damage or are they just outplayed?

if you blow up the vehicle in an attempt to kill the guy your fine... it's like if you shoot a titan at an orca, your intent is to kill the gents inside, the orca blowing up is collateral damage

Ie. You lay sachel charges down on the bridge at jail and trigger them when cops car cross the bridge... You will kill the cops and blow up the car which is fine...

If your engaged with someone and fire an RPG at the car they are hiding behind or are in you are still trying to kill them so you should still be fine...

But if you kill someone then run up to their truck and drop a sachel to intentionally blow up the vehicle without the intent to kill them... That is RVD and bannable...

I've seen videos of folks running into the middle of a giant moonshine run of HEMMTs (like 6 or 7) and have a suicide vest on, blow up the vest next someone and blow all the trucks up and since they went in to kill the guy in a red zone admins said it was ok and vehicles were collateral damage..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MAV said:

if you blow up the vehicle in an attempt to kill the guy your fine... it's like if you shoot a titan at an orca, your intent is to kill the gents inside, the orca blowing up is collateral damage

Ie. You lay sachel charges down on the bridge at jail and trigger them when cops car cross the bridge... You will kill the cops and blow up the car which is fine...

If your engaged with someone and fire an RPG at the car they are hiding behind or are in you are still trying to kill them so you should still be fine...

But if you kill someone then run up to their truck and drop a sachel to intentionally blow up the vehicle without the intent to kill them... That is RVD and bannable...

I've seen videos of folks running into the middle of a giant moonshine run of HEMMTs (like 6 or 7) and have a suicide vest on, blow up the vest next someone and blow all the trucks up and since they went in to kill the guy in a red zone admins said it was ok and vehicles were collateral damage..

Thanks for a quick reply.  Can you clarify “Should be fine?”

Just now, mbpslyr said:

Thanks for a quick reply.  Can you clarify “Should be fine?”

Many rules are up to the discretion of the admin/mod that is reviewing the report... In this case (I can't speak for them) but I would think they would be looking to see if you were intending to kill the person or intentionally blowing up the vehicle..

1 hour ago, mbpslyr said:

Also crossfire with an rpg?  If I aim at someone and miss and it Nukes the guy behind him and his quad bike does crossfire rule and intent protect me?

That is something an admin would be better to answer... RVD is more something of intentionally blowing up vehicle as RDM is RANDOM death match...i would think if your aiming at a car and they swerve and you hit a quad bike and guy behind him you would be ok as there is nothing random about the death, just wrong place at the wrong time...but I would get a mod or admin to confirm that one..

But what I can tell you is that if you fire a RPG at someone near a restrained guy trying to free him, even though he was "crossfire" you will still get banned for fail rp because you had to know you were going to kill the guy in restraints too, same with chucking grenades, sui vests, etc at guys in restraints with a cop or vigi near by...

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, MAV said:

That is something an admin would be better to answer... RVD is more something of intentionally blowing up vehicle as RDM is RANDOM death match...i would think if your aiming at a car and they swerve and you hit a quad bike and guy behind him you would be ok as there is nothing random about the death, just wrong place at the wrong time...but I would get a mod or admin to confirm that one..

But what I can tell you is that if you fire a RPG at someone near a restrained guy trying to free him, even though he was "crossfire" you will still get banned for fail rp because you had to know you were going to kill the guy in restraints too, same with chucking grenades, sui vests, etc at guys in restraints with a cop or vigi near by...

@McDili @Grandma Gary @Peter Long

Any input on using this at HQ to kill cops running off with your team?  ie cop orca with one of your guys, active engagement, rpg cop orca killing everyone including restrained persons.

Or the other items that  MAV takes about

Members of the APD may not be restrained or excessively tased at Federal Reserves, Blackwater, Jail, or Pharmaceutical events.

I understand no restraining apd at a federal event however can some clarification be given on excessively tased, does this mean I can taze an app member once per wave? Up to three times?  And how about at HQ takeovers tasers limitations there?  Thanks! @MAV @Peter Long @Grandma Gary

Excessively tased is defined by more then 3 times during an active situation... now I'm not sure if the cop dies and returns to the situation if that resets the "3 time tase count" but I would think so as the cop returning is a "new life", but admin/mod clarification on that would be needed for a definitive answer on that..

As far as I'm aware you can kidnap/Rob etc during HQ takeover as all HQ takeover does is increase the respawn timer for cops

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MAV said:

Excessively tased is defined by more then 3 times during an active situation... now I'm not sure if the cop dies and returns to the situation if that resets the "3 time tase count" but I would think so as the cop returning is a "new life", but admin/mod clarification on that would be needed for a definitive answer on that..

As far as I'm aware you can kidnap/Rob etc during HQ takeover as all HQ takeover does is increase the respawn timer for cops

Thanks MAV ya some clarification on that would be great, I used to think using a taser at a fed was completely not allowed the rule looks like it is allowed but you can’t use it excessively

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, McDili said:

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, LiL J said:

@Grandma Gary @McDili

Could we get a admin to confirm or deny, if you're allowed to break the window and rp "Im coming in through window" "im coming in"

Please, so we can know.

This is allowed. What's not allowed is restraining someone through a window. If you break a window and jump in, that's within RP. Realism arguments about being cut up are silly, in video games and movies people jump through windows all the time. This is a game.

Does this expand to windows and entering a vehicle?  For instance meth pro, rebels are shooting at you through the front door, you jump through the back window to escape or into an unlocked vehicle?

• 1 month later...

Can you titan engage fellow gang members or must the person with the titan send the message?

As per rules currently say "When using a titan on aerial vehicles the pilot must first be directly notified stating your demands and that you are using a Titan" indicating that the person using the titan is the one that has to message the person. Is this correct or can you gang engage when it comes to using a titan? Asking due to the fact Tree recently had a incident where @Eggman said you could gang initiate titans but I've never heard of this being a thing before and have been told at several times the person using the titan is the one who has to send the titan message. If you can now gang initiate titans id love for the rule to be rewritten in a more "gang initiation" friendly matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read through the majority of this forum but I haven’t really seen it asked.

A cop purposefully rams you to stop you (after sirening), is this allowed?

Can a cop rotor tap?

A civilian purposefully blocks an exit with a vehicle and gets out, therefore making it unmovable unless rammed with high speeds?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

I have read through the majority of this forum but I haven’t really seen it asked.

Can a cop rotor tap?

A civilian purposefully blocks an exit with a vehicle and gets out, therefore making it unmovable unless rammed with high speeds?

If by ram you mean put them yes, if you don’t die or blow up then they are good. (Most of the time)

yes they can rotate tap same thing before as long as you don’t die/ blow up

you can move cars slowly my ramming slow. But do at your own risk as if it blows up you might have to comp

16 minutes ago, Wesly ツ said:

Can a cop rotor tap?

cops can rotor tap you but if they blow you up they have to comp.

A cop can try and pit you and if they blow you up they have to comp.

• 4 weeks later...