Civilian Grey Area Thread

• Senior Map Designer
37 minutes ago, |REAL| Boing said:

The APD, by their own handbook, has to roleplay at banks. Until that's amended.. it kinda is that way lol

Doesn't mean we need to comply with your demands.

• Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Given the new rule change about alternate accounts, is the following situation considered a violation of the rules?

I have two accounts. I wish to transfer legitimate money, items, property keys from one account to the other.

I log both accounts at the same time (obviously under the same IP) for a short amount of time to make transfers. Directly after transferring items, one account quits.

I use neither account to complete runs or gather ingredients, engage in combat, interact with other players, or gain any unfair advantage whatsoever.

The situation would be fishy if both accounts for logged on for 5 hours "transferring items" or something or that nature, I understand how that is a violation of the rules. For the sake of argument, let's assume the entire process of transferring lasted 20 minutes, and nothing other than transferring items took place.

@Mr GOAT @Panda :)

Edited by Noahhh!
Adding @'s for admins.
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

Given the new rule change about alternate accounts, is the following situation considered a violation of the rules?

I have two accounts. I wish to transfer legitimate money, items, property keys from one account to the other.

I log both accounts at the same time (obviously under the same IP) for a short amount of time to make transfers. Directly after transferring items, one account quits.

I use neither account to complete runs or gather ingredients, engage in combat, interact with other players, or gain any unfair advantage whatsoever.

The situation would be fishy if both accounts for logged on for 5 hours "transferring items" or something or that nature, I understand how that is a violation of the rules. For the sake of argument, let's assume the entire process of transferring lasted 20 minutes, and nothing other than transferring items took place.

@Mr GOAT @Panda :)

I don’t see a problem with as long as you are just doing it to transfer items and nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Panda 🙂 said:

I don’t see a problem with as long as you are just doing it to transfer items and nothing more.

I figured as much. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for clearing that up.

• Like 1

If I [Player "A"] am in a gang who is at war with [Gang "X] and I shoot and kill enemy gang member [X | One] and then notice [X | Two] who is tagged but is not in their gang, am I engaged with [X| Two]?

I would assume yes but since I didn't engage either player Its kind of weird imo. 

51 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

If I [Player "A"] am in a gang who is at war with [Gang "X] and I shoot and kill enemy gang member [X | One] and then notice [X | Two] who is tagged but is not in their gang, am I engaged with [X| Two]?

I would assume yes but since I didn't engage either player Its kind of weird imo. 

Yeah regardless of if you’re at war or not once you shoot and kill that one member everyone with that tag is engaged. However you couldn’t kill the non enemy gang member without initiation or shooting another person first.

On 2/6/2020 at 2:18 AM, Dank MeeMoo said:

Yeah regardless of if you’re at war or not once you shoot and kill that one member everyone with that tag is engaged. However you couldn’t kill the non enemy gang member without initiation or shooting another person first.

Now what if you see both member and notice they have the same tags can you kill X two first since you are at war with X one? 

Just now, AbraKadabra said:

Now what if you see both member and notice they have the same tags can you kill X two first since you are at war with X one? 

Nvm I’m an idiot and didn’t read that all 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Web Developer

Two Part Question: Do you think it is acceptable to shoot upon a rebel dressed individual that is driving, and remaining inside of an active situation?  This individual is driving near you and remaining in the area the entire time.  There is active shooting going on, but they remain in the area.

Part 2: I have this question for whether the person is inside of the vehicle or outside of the vehicle with a weapon.

Is it acceptable to shoot this rebel dressed person driving around an active engagement and purposely not leaving or getting involved.

1 minute ago, [OP4] Dominic said:

Two Part Question: Do you think it is acceptable to shoot upon a rebel dressed individual that is driving, and remaining inside of an active situation?  This individual is driving near you and remaining in the area the entire time.  There is active shooting going on, but they remain in the area.

Part 2: I have this question for whether the person is inside of the vehicle or outside of the vehicle with a weapon.

Is it acceptable to shoot this rebel dressed person driving around an active engagement and purposely not leaving or getting involved.

no only if said person has tags with somebody your fighting or is enemy gang other then that you must engage 

• Senior Web Developer
22 hours ago, T5 Vigi said:

no only if said person has tags with somebody your fighting or is enemy gang other then that you must engage 

Okay I understand you should not shoot someone in a vehicle if they are driving around an active situation (without initiation).  But what if that person gets out of their vehicle and aims a weapon at you?  If you're in an active situation and someone aims a weapon at you I feel like it should be okay to go ahead and shoot them.  It's a hostile action in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, [OP4] Dominic said:

Okay I understand you should not shoot someone in a vehicle if they are driving around an active situation (without initiation).  But what if that person gets out of their vehicle and aims a weapon at you?  If you're in an active situation and someone aims a weapon at you I feel like it should be okay to go ahead and shoot them.  It's a hostile action in my opinion.

Nope your not intimidated and it would be RDM

22 minutes ago, [OP4] Dominic said:

Don't listen to vigi retard.

If they are pulling up to the situation and obviously grouped up with the opposing group and about to get involved, feel free to kill. Its called group engagement.

If its very obviously some third party vulture trying to scout out the situation and see whats up then engage.

Just becareful if you use group engagement, administration sucks more than Henry the hoover

8 minutes ago, Unjo said:

Don't listen to vigi retard.

If they are pulling up to the situation and obviously grouped up with the opposing group and about to get involved, feel free to kill. Its called group engagement.

If its very obviously some third party vulture trying to scout out the situation and see whats up then engage.

Just becareful if you use group engagement, administration sucks more than Henry the hoover

I mean i Generally air on the side of caution 

Edited by T5 Vigi
  • 4 weeks later...

If you run up to someone with a starter pistol and shoot at them and they kill you

So because its a starter pistol they're engaged to you but you aren't to them? Kinda like how if someone attempts rdm right? But if they kill you is your tagged gang now engaged to them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
2 hours ago, TheRealSteve said:

So ive recently jumped onto the server and have noticed alot of RDM and KOS everywhere on the map to the point where i would spawn and people would run me over with their cars and sit on me with their cars. Do people even receive punishment for breaking the rules? 

Yes they do. The issue is that there has to be a report of such. So you would need a YouTube video of 5 minutes before you are killed and then submit it here:

https://olympus-entertainment.com/support/

• 4 weeks later...