Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Pc Upgrade

My current specs on my computer are

intel 7400 3.0ghz

1x8 ddr4 2400mhz ram

gtx 1060 3gb 

arma on an ssd

I still suffer bad FPS in game if anyone could tell me what I should most likely uprgrade that would make a big difference on the Olympus servers Thanks.:)

18 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

intel 7400 3.0ghz

1x8 ddr4 2400mhz ram

gtx 1060 3gb 

arma on an ssd

I still suffer bad FPS in game if anyone could tell me what I should most likely uprgrade that would make a big difference on the Olympus servers Thanks.:)

A computer like that shouldn't be running the game too bad unless you are trying to max out the graphics in Kavala.

If you are really looking for an upgrade then get an 8700k cpu as that will benefit arma the most but honestly you shouldn't be that low currently. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Yoyo said:

intel 7400 3.0ghz

1x8 ddr4 2400mhz ram

gtx 1060 3gb 

arma on an ssd

Get another stick of ram and arma should run a lot better, did this a while back and it really helped

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

A computer like that shouldn't be running the game too bad unless you are trying to max out the graphics in Kavala.

If you are really looking for an upgrade then get an 8700k cpu as that will benefit arma the most but honestly you shouldn't be that low currently. 

honestly get another stick of 8gb ram... When I went from 8 to 16 gigs of ram i almost doubled my frames...

• Like 2

Need to upgrade your cpu and 8 more gigs of ram at least and the 1060 3gb prob falls a bit short. I have ryzen 7 2700x.  16gb ddr4 3200mhz and gtx 1060 6gb and I get 60-70 normally. Dips to 50 during kavala square shenanigans.

I'm waiting to see what the 1180/ti is looking like next month, otherwise I'm getting a 1080ti rog strix. 

Keep in mind, if you're going Intel. Ryzens am4 socket will be around for at least another 2 years, Intel will be changing again next generation. That's what swayed me to the 2700x instead of the 8700k. 

Arma 3 relies on two things, CPU and RAM/storage. 3.0 Ghz is decent, but not ideal (Arma performs on Intel believe it or not). However, 2400mHz is where your most likely suffering. Overclock dat shit to 3200mhz and you'll see quite a difference mate. Also, more doesn't always mean better imo. I have two 4gb sticks oc'ed to 3200mhz and my frames never drop below 60fps.

Edited by xAnonymousx
7 hours ago, xAnonymousx said:

Arma 3 relies on two things, CPU and RAM/storage. 3.0 Ghz is decent, but not ideal (Arma performs on Intel believe it or not). However, 2400mHz is where your most likely suffering. Overclock dat shit to 3200mhz and you'll see quite a difference mate. Also, more doesn't always mean better imo. I have two 4gb sticks oc'ed to 3200mhz and my frames never drop below 60fps.

So you don’t believe I will need the extra 8gb?

I have a similar pc

Edited by Kevlar
4 hours ago, Kevlar said:

So you don’t believe I will need the extra 8gb?

I have a similar pc

I personally don't think you will, the Real Virtuality 4 engine that arma is built on is old, outdated and is only able to use a single core. it's also very sensitive to storage/memory speeds. If you have the extra cash though go for it, but if you're able to overclock it that's a budget friendly option to stabilize/boost your frames a bit. I was an idiot and sourced all my parts individually when Bitcoin was a big thing so I bought memory at twice the price it is now lol 

Yeah I thought that was a better CPU  that and ram are your big issue the GPU can wait but if you play other games you may just want to do that also.

and your frames will always be shit in arma really

1060 6gb

16 gb ram

I7 7700k

at 1440 I get 30-40 in kavala and 60 avg overall and no I wont play on 1080 ever again

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Yeah I thought that was a better CPU  that and ram are your big issue the GPU can wait but if you play other games you may just want to do that also.

and your frames will always be shit in arma really

1060 6gb

16 gb ram

I7 7700k

at 1440 I get 30-40 in kavala and 60 avg overall and no I wont play on 1080 ever again

TFW Kavala on Olympus makes a better benchmark than most software online