Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

I took out my graphics card and cleaned it put it back in and my computer won't boot with the graphics card in, if i plug my monitor into my motherboard the computer will boot with the integrated graphics but i obviously can't play any games off of that, i've tried taking it out putting it back in booting into safe mode taking 1 ram stick out double checking my psu nothing seems to work out. Is there any way to fix my graphics card or do have to buy a new one. Any help is greatly appreciated. If anyone can fix my problem you will get 3m + Any warpoint item you want. 

Specs: 

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    AMD FX-4300    
    Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz 
Motherboard
    MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641) (CPU1)    
Graphics
    S200HQL (1152x864@64Hz)
    ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics MSI (integrated graphics)

AMD RX 460 (card that isn't working)

Storage
    1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA )  
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

7 minutes ago, Invu said:

How did you clean your card? 

Were you sure to check that the 6 pin power cable was plugged in?

What is the wattage on your PSU?

When you took it out/put it in was there any unusual pressure that you had to put on the card or motherboard?

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

How did you clean your card? 

Were you sure to check that the 6 pin power cable was plugged in?

What is the wattage on your PSU?

When you took it out/put it in was there any unusual pressure that you had to put on the card or motherboard?

I cleaned it with a compressed air can and I've never had a 6pin cable my computer i bought was prebuilt and it's been that way the whole time i have a 700w power supply and no it was the same as usual 

3 minutes ago, Ignis said:

Does it just not boot period? Try uninstalling the graphics card driver then plug the card back in and see if that does anything. Also I have a FX8350 if you want to buy it.

The computer turns on but doesn't go to bios and the monitor is recieving no signal and my cpu is fine its the graphics card that isn't working 

Edited by Invu
1 minute ago, Invu said:

I cleaned it with a compressed air can and I've never had a 6pin cable my computer i bought was prebuilt and it's been that way the whole time i have a 700w power supply and no it was the same as usual 

Most graphics cards have some sort of additional power connection. Can you see what your exact card model is so that I can try to find the exact pin layout? 

Just now, Invu said:

The computer turns on but doesn't go to bios and the monitor is recieving no signal and my cpu is fine its the graphics card that isn't working 

Are your GPU fans spinning when you do this at all?

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Most graphics cards have some sort of additional power connection. Can you see what your exact card model is so that I can try to find the exact pin layout? 

Are your GPU fans spinning when you do this at all?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137265&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Cards+-+AMD%2FATI-_-N82E16814137265&gclid=CjwKCAjw7IbaBRBqEiwA6AyZghsezhpiewkJUiEeW-sDMW_iP_t7OKVoJ2AcKV8iTzLUHcChzStU4hoC5w8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the exact one i bought, and the fan spins for a second turns off then spins like normal 

1 minute ago, Invu said:

First do what Ignis is suggesting with the graphics card drivers. Do not use windows to download them. Just google them and manually download the right ones. 

Have you tried any other PCI-E slots if you have them on your board? 

7 minutes ago, Ignis said:

Use intergrated graphics. Uninstall graphic drivers and see if that changes anything

0 change

3 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

First do what Ignis is suggesting with the graphics card drivers. Do not use windows to download them. Just google them and manually download the right ones. 

Have you tried any other PCI-E slots if you have them on your board? 

Only have 1 slot on the board unfortunately and are you saying reinstall the drivers I uninstalled or what?

• Like 1

I don't have an extra CMOS battery to replace it with but i guess i will have to try it out tomorrow for extra info this only started happening today but I was playing DayZ and the game completely crashed to desktop without any warnings and recently my computer has been completely restarting w/o any warning I update my drivers constantly and check for windows updates on a daily so I dont think my shit is outdated 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Invu said:

I don't have an extra CMOS battery to replace it with but i guess i will have to try it out tomorrow for extra info this only started happening today but I was playing DayZ and the game completely crashed to desktop without any warnings and recently my computer has been completely restarting w/o any warning I update my drivers constantly and check for windows updates on a daily so I dont think my shit is outdated 

If it's not overheating, there's a 5% chance there's a leaky motherboard cap and a 95% chance your PSU is failing. Install https://www.nzxt.com/camapp for temp monitoring.

4 minutes ago, ryan beck said:

So if your gpu is plugged in you are unable to get to bios ??

Yeah no system beeps no bios nothing not even my keyboard or mouse power 

3 minutes ago, Creepy said:

If it's not overheating, there's a 5% chance there's a leaky motherboard cap and a 95% chance your PSU is failing. Install https://www.nzxt.com/camapp for temp monitoring.

no way its overheating my computer is normally at 40-50c under pressure and like 55c tops 

1 minute ago, Invu said:

Have to buy a new PSU probably a new GPU might as well throw this piece of shit computer off my roof and buy a new one  

Start a collection plate in Ruby TS. I'm sure they will help you!

• Like 1