Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

20 minutes ago, RichardDixe said:

The point isn't who gets punished for breaking NLR, the point is what breaking NLR means for different players. A medic who gets RDMed can return whenever they want but I get banned for three days; and on top of it all I only returned to try and get them banned. 

They killed you once with no verbal or text engagement. The video alone will get them banned. You don't have to go back to the "scene of the crime" to get them banned. 

Medics are allowed to return because they have a job to revive people and preventing them from returning will make players bleed out.

Edited by Instantmac
I stand corrected
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, RichardDixe said:

The point isn't who gets punished for breaking NLR, the point is what breaking NLR means for different players. A medic who gets RDMed can return whenever they want but I get banned for three days; and on top of it all I only returned to try and get them banned. 

Did you not read what I wrote before you quoted me? Medic's aren't allowed to return if they are rdm'd just for the hell of it, they are allowed because they play a crucial role for a lot of players.

I guarantee a medic could blatantly break NLR and almost zero civs would care. A civ on the other hand gets called out like crazy whenever they die legitimately and break NLR.

Not true, we get NLR reports on medics too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Instantmac said:

They killed you once with no verbal or text engagement. The video alone will get them banned. You don't have to go back to the "scene of the crime" to get them banned. 

Medics are allowed to return because 1) the player who killed them violated a server rule and 2) they have a job to revive people and preventing them from returning will make players bleed out.

^Wrong                                                                                                 ^Correct

5 minutes ago, RichardDixe said:

Unfortunately that is something that you are going to have to duke out with whoever banned you (or higher if you don't like their answer). 

That being said I would like to point out a few things:

1) Generally it is really easy to see when someone is mass RDMing. For example if I see a report that has only the reporter getting killed, but then I see the RDMer killing like 2+ more people that aren't related, I am gonna ban for Mass RDM. Additional evidence is not always needed.

2) One of the first lines of the server rules is this: e39508f91219311f692c05b2b06bac5e.png

3 minutes ago, RichardDixe said:

I guarantee a medic could blatantly break NLR and almost zero civs would care. A civ on the other hand gets called out like crazy whenever they die legitimately and break NLR.

I would like you to see reports my friend. People will almost always report when a faction member is abusing a rule. Fuck, I have seen reports of people reporting medics for just hopping in their cars to get a dead body out. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Instantmac said:

Medics are allowed to return because 1) the player who killed them violated a server rule and 2) they have a job to revive people and preventing them from returning will make players bleed out.

Well A civilian that returns probably feels they have the right to because 1) the player who killed them violated a server rule and 2) they are trying to have fun playing the game and not get constant setbacks because of rule breakers.

3 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

1) Generally it is really easy to see when someone is mass RDMing. For example if I see a report that has only the reporter getting killed, but then I see the RDMer killing like 2+ more people that aren't related, I am gonna ban for Mass RDM. Additional evidence is not always needed.

When we submit a report we are basically told we need 5 mins worth of video to confirm that it was RDM, so clearly me saying someone rdmd doesn't get anywhere.

Just now, RichardDixe said:

Almost every single person who stands out to defend the NLR rule is a Cop / Medic / Staff member who doesn't feel the effects of the rule all the time

You can't be serious here now. Lemme give you some facts: 

Your time on the server: 

d6803f3647331409d81225ca741c5f92.png

That's also 0 hours in medic or cop.

My time on the server:

ad689f1de81207803d2fca657a0ed9fc.png

That includes 155 hours on medic and 949 hours on cop. 

But I haven't experienced the effects of Mass RDM :hmm:

I am done here. You have every right to question the ban but no right to question the people trying to give you an answer.

Why don't you put out a poll for civilians only and ask how they feel about the current way NLR works with RDM? See what the people who it effects think.

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

You can't be serious here now. Lemme give you some facts: 

Your time on the server: 

d6803f3647331409d81225ca741c5f92.png

That's also 0 hours in medic or cop.

My time on the server:

ad689f1de81207803d2fca657a0ed9fc.png

That includes 155 hours on medic and 949 hours on cop. 

But I haven't experienced the effects of Mass RDM :hmm:

I am done here. You have every right to question the ban but no right to question the people trying to give you an answer.

Bringing up how much time you have played doesn't change the fact that the rule is flawed. You can try and say I haven't spent a lot of time on the server but that doesn't make what I say any less valid. You should be working to retain new players, not keeping the old 1500+ hour players content.

Why don't you put out a poll for civilians only and ask how they feel about the current way NLR works with RDM? See what the people who it effects think.

It would be pointless, civilians don't always have the correct information to determine if a rule was broken. Just as an example If you are hanging out with your gang in pyrgos and one of your members gets a text but if afk and you get killed and come back because you think they rdm'd you guess what. You engage on someone and shoot at them but in the process your bullets hit a different player, he kills you but because you weren't engaged you assume it's rdm and come back, guess what. 

At the end of the day you chose to break a rule, whether or not you felt justified in doing so is irrelevant. 

• Like 1
Just now, Doc said:

It would be pointless, civilians don't always have the correct information to determine if a rule was broken. Just as an example If you are hanging out with your gang in pyrgos and one of your members gets a text but if afk and you get killed and come back because you think they rdm'd you guess what. You engage on someone and shoot at them but in the process your bullets hit a different player, he kills you but because you weren't engaged you assume it's rdm and come back, guess what. 

At the end of the day you chose to break a rule, whether or not you felt justified in doing so is irrelevant. 

You literally quoted yourself from the last article. Also you don't give civs enough credit. We joined an RP server, and there is a huge difference between gang miscommunication and getting sprayed down from the roof of a random office building. If you cant distinguish that you shouldn't be playing the game. 

Also I'd just like to point out, even though I broke the rules, I have 24 hours played on the server with no other incidents; and in the clip that got me banned I was trying to help the staff out. But sure, smack me with a three day ban without having even 1/2 a conversation with me. 

Also, that wasn't so hard - xoyondo.com/ap/FTfnQVUlODyb4rx

Edited by RichardDixe

OK here I go let me put my 2 cents in bro u blatantly broke NLR and gaV evidence of your self doing it instead of coming here and ranting you should be making a ban appeal  which u said you did so if they are not lifting ur ban it's for a reason and u should just wait the 3 days 

A wrong doing doesnt allow for other wrong doings. If someone breaks a rule you can't fight fire with fire and break a rule back, you are not a exception just because a rule was broken and it impacted you. I can fully understand how this must suck major ding dong but in the end it's a clear case of breaking NLR.