Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus History.

8 minutes ago, HunterBklyn said:

So basically, our one true glorious leader is a traitor...

I mean that's how some of us see it yes. How long he'll be staying there.. who knows. However, at this time "A nigga gotta eat". 

Guess I should have turned my back on you people when I had the chance... Guess my loyalty was too strong...

948afe44854a3886482ffac548f0dbf1.png
e859a9cfc7430cc2d6d22edaccf8eb67.png
82b297d9d135babbab5528f02c0e7b5d.png

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I mean that's how some of us see it yes. How long he'll be staying there.. who knows. However, at this time "A nigga gotta eat". 

Guess I should have turned my back on you people when I had the chance... Guess my loyalty was too strong...

With all respect to past and current developers I don’t know where Olympus would be with out you with the amount of time and energy you dedicate.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

The community has an invision community forums and 3 110 slot servers. I don’t think money is an issue. Nothing wrong with loyalty. We’ve all been on Asylum, but they died out and we’re still thriving. I think staying here was the right thing to do since Olympus wouldn’t be where it is now without you. However, taking that offer might have been the realpolitik decision.

I don’t think Poseidon working for Asylum is a betrayal because this sort of thing happens in IRL all too often. The founder of a company leaves or is let go, takes a sabbatical and then works somewhere else. A recent example is Raja Kadouri who until very recently was the head of AMD GPU development but then got a better offer at Intel so now he’s developing GPUs for them which are coming in 2020. 

Look at Steve Jobs, he was forced out of Apple at one point and ended up competing against them until Apple realized they’d made a huge mistake so they brought him back and he took them to new heights. So who knows, maybe Poseidon will be back someday or perhaps he’s enjoying the challenge (and money) Asylum is providing and he may stay there for awhile until he finds something better. People move on from their businesses all the time and even compete against them, it’s just business IMO and not personal.

@Jesse you’ve even offered to buy out Asylum and if bamf had agreed, that would have made you Olympus’ worst nightmare.

Edited by Dirty Scrubz
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

I don’t think Poseidon working for Asylum is a betrayal because this sort of thing happens in IRL all too often. The founder of a company leaves or is let go, takes a sabbatical and then works somewhere else. A recent example is Raja Kadouri who until very recently was the head of AMD GPU development but then got a better offer at Intel so now he’s developing GPUs for them which are coming in 2020. 

Look at Steve Jobs, he was forced out of Apple at one point and ended up competing against them until Apple realized they’d made a huge mistake so they brought him back and he took them to new heights. So who knows, maybe Poseidon will be back someday or perhaps he’s enjoying the challenge (and money) Asylum is providing and he may stay there for awhile until he finds something better. People move on from their businesses all the time and even compete against them, it’s just business IMO and not personal.

@Jesse you’ve even offered to buy out Asylum and if bamf had agreed, that would have made you Olympus’ worst nightmare.

Jesse for Co-Owner 2K18? Lol

26 minutes ago, Dirty Scrubz said:

The fuck are you on about? That was a purchase that would have been made by McDili & I. They servers would've maintained the name Asylum. However, been owned by Olympus essentially... I wasn't going to be leaving Olympus to run Asylum?

2 minutes ago, HunterBklyn said:

Jesse for Co-Owner 2K18? Lol

IMO he already should be.

Just now, Jesse said:

The fuck are you on about? That was a purchase that would have been made by McDili & I. They servers would've maintained the name Asylum. However, been owned by Olympus essentially... I wasn't going to be leaving Olympus to run Asylum?

I’m going by what was written on their forums. It didn’t mention mcdili so it seemed you wanted it. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, [Slug] RapidKillz said:

it got popular cuz it favors a buncha little fuck boys

Why are you still here? and also HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO POST!?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
On 7/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, Hoonter said:

Thats why come fall its going to seem worse then ever before

Doubtful. Probably will be pretty average for a summer. Arma is maintaining a high level of players and won't be "dead" as projected.

5IDRjy2.png

The way I heard it was is that Poseidon needed cash so he offered to work for asylum. A bit later they brought him in to optimize and fix issues Paratus' coding caused. Asylum was having major lag and battle eye kicks (nothing new) and so they needed help and he fixed it.

15 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Olympus has been dying for the last 4 years.  Like WoW has been dying for the last 10 years. ^_^

15 hours ago, Peter Long said:

If i had to skip a meal for everytime i heard olumpus was dying, i would be skinnier than a polish jew at Auchwitz. 

it was a joke lmfaoo olympus is always dieing