Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD vs REAL PD

Being a real Police Officer, i find it hard to understand the laws in place by the current government. Many laws i understand having to do with current in game issues i understand. But if you want the APD to be able to respond the way REAL Police Officers are suppose to than i think we need REAL PRACTICAL RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. Also I tend to seem some bias in the APD towards females. Olympus is my home away from home. But when i am persecuted for no reason because the opposing sex says i am or am not breaking the rules it breaks my heart. At the end of the day take my rank, we just all wanna have fun. But i think if CIVS have these rules to follow so should APD. This may be a controversial topic but it on the minds of a few CIVS. I expect justice where justice is due, not just when a female APD Officer deems it reasonable . I just want the running and gunning to be fair. ACCORDING TO THE LISTED RULES. Not what Current staff says is okay. NO JUSTICE NO PEACE. ;) Forreal make the shit fair, or else there is no fun in being a CIV. Or being APD when woman have priority in all things regardless if you see it or not. IT HAPPENS.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Darren Nsonowa said:

I think this is a general olympus thing.

That doesn't mean it is right though .

4 minutes ago, Darren Nsonowa said:

I think this is a general olympus thing.

When i see my superiors tending to fellow female APD officers instead of the new Deputies, it angers me . Because some need help or assistance more than others and just because you are a female it seems you have priority in these situations. My Superiors are suppose to be professional. But as soon as a female comes online they dont care about the rules, but are quick to demote me.

4 minutes ago, PARA said:

Lets see how fast i get demoted :D

For what. Like... What did you do

I actually am wondering what you were persecuted for, and by whom. Because it wasn't the apd....

Sidenote: If you want something changed can you specify what it is and what you want it changed to

• Like 1
Just now, Pledge said:

For what. Like... What did you do

I actually am wondering what you were persecuted for, and by whom. Because it wasn't the apd....

Nothing in particular , i tend to follow the rules. I have just seen on many occasions where a new deputy or higher rank which is male does the same thing and ends up losing things for it or being punished but a female is let off with a warning or nothing happens period.

Just now, PARA said:

Nothing in particular , i tend to follow the rules. I have just seen on many occasions where a new deputy or higher rank which is male does the same thing and ends up losing things for it or being punished but a female is let off with a warning or nothing happens period.

Trust me, I am all for bettering the apd, but when I don't get specifics and don't see it happen it's hard to overturn.

• Like 3

Correct me IF I AM WRONG PLEASE. But this is one of the reason on why i play civ more than APD. I also dont wanna call anyone out by name. I have recordings of it happening , but i dont think thats how it should be settled. I was hoping the ones who are doing such things would see this post and acknowledge it isn't right. Or at least change the behavior, I REPEAT i dont want anyone in trouble. I just want to play the game, and most new APD officers never feel like they have a voice when a female is around. But regardless of that whole situation, i think we should have more PRACTICAL rules of engagement . If someone is in a illegal area and they leaving in a blackfish there is semi not really anyway to stop them if it is just PO's and deputies. I also dont think Civs should be able to rules quote while being processed either. Because we are trying to do our best to be professional, while being ear raped and being insulted just for playing cop. Also consistently being disturbed while processing because Civs know we cant do it if there is a situation . Im not saying APD isnt fun, but i think APD should have a REP just like Civs do, just to talk about how the game could be better, instead of the 85% Toxicity/Fear all APD members face every time they log on .

If you see something wrong with what a senior is doing then you should report it to The Chief of Police. In this case it’s Rex. Unless of course it’s The Chief breaking rules then you report it to McDili

“But i think APD should have a REP just like Civs do, just to talk about how the game could be better,” -PARA

Thats called the Senior APD 

Edited by communistjosh
1 minute ago, communistjosh said:

If you see something wrong with what a senior is doing then you should report it to The Chief of Police. In this case it’s Rex. Unless of course it’s The Chief breaking rules then you report it to McDili

Like i said tho, i dont want anyone in trouble. I just want people to not be so bias in situations . At the end of the day IT IS A GAME. People dont want to fear losing their rank or what not over dumb things like that. I get on cop to relax and just have a good time after i just saw a dead baby have a heat stroke IRL. But when im told to redeploy when it is just 1 female and a male officer in a channel & all of the channels are stacked i think its wrong. But i do it anyways.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PARA said:

i think we should have more PRACTICAL rules of engagement . If someone is in a illegal area and they leaving in a blackfish there is semi not really anyway to stop them if it is just PO's and deputies. I also dont think Civs should be able to rules quote while being processed either. Because we are trying to do our best to be professional, while being ear raped and being insulted just for playing cop. Also consistently being disturbed while processing because Civs know we cant do it if there is a situation . Im not saying APD isnt fun, but i think APD should have a REP just like Civs do, just to talk about how the game could be better, instead of the 85% Toxicity/Fear all APD members face every time they log on .

Couple things to say here (and I want to start by saying I am not arguing here)

1. Civs are not supposed to quote rules while processing.

2. Can you please be more specific about what rules of engagement would help fight these blackfishes

3. The senior apd are basically APD reps, and we get to do this stuff, so I am open to suggestions here

4. Fun fact: You can send someone straight to jail for quoting rules

1 minute ago, PARA said:

But when im told to redeploy when it is just 1 female and a male officer in a channel & all of the channels are stacked i think its wrong. But i do it anyways.

You might as well just @ him at this point. If he does that he shouldn't be doing it. 

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

2. Can you please be more specific about what rules of engagement would help fight these blackfishes

3. The senior apd are basically APD reps, and we get to do this stuff, so I am open to suggestions here

Well see, some of these things arent clarified or are completely disregarded when I or others ask. But like i said, CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. I didn't know Civs weren't suppose to rule quote and i will remember that on my next patrol. & As Far as the black fish, i dont think they should just be able to hop in a spooled blackfish when they are caught red handed, but they know noone can really stop them or chase them. Especially when it is a PO & Deputy. But i am glad you clarified some things, i appreciate it honestly. I just wanna have fun as i am sure everyone else does. But somethings just dont seem fair. These are my opinions though & please take with a grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, Pledge said:

You might as well just @ him at this point. If he does that he shouldn't be doing it. 

Oof sending peeps straight to jail for rule quoting, I'd feel bad for the support team that would be handling all the requests from angry squeakers

Proof for what ? So that i can be redeployed when it is not needed because i am the  "Snitch" Or So that i have to always be doing trivial things because i am the "Snitch"

Redeployed to Kavala by myself because i am the "snitch"

• Admin
2 minutes ago, PARA said:

Proof for what ? So that i can be redeployed when it is not needed because i am the  "Snitch" Or So that i have to always be doing trivial things because i am the "Snitch"

Yeah if a senior ever redeploys you for being a snitch for providing valid proof of an apparent issue, they likely won’t retain their senior rank. Especially since I don’t give a fuck bout no e-girls. 

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, PARA said:

at this point if your not gonna say any names or report it your just wasting everyones time.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Dante said:

Yeah if a senior ever redeploys you for being a snitch for providing valid proof of an apparent issue, they likely won’t retain their senior rank. Especially since I don’t give a fuck bout no e-girls. 

THANK YOU, for responding the the appropriate way all of you seniors. I will take everything all of you have said and do the best i can with it. NOT TRYING TO START SHIT, JUST TRYING TO FUCK CRIMINALS UP ;)

3 minutes ago, J O E said:

Pretty obvious he is talking about the bumlick Sandown.

Mmmmm :D

Welcome To PARA's APD Life, Where he will never receive the chance for promotion of any sort :D

• Haha 1