Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Better FPS in arms 3

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Jack Churchill said:

I’m currently running a older GC and Processor. It’s going to be couple weeks as my stuff comes in. In the time being does anyone have any tips or videos on how to improve FPS. I get horrible frame drop... thanks in advance guys 

What specs do you currently have?

2 minutes ago, Gf 1 v 24 said:

Yeh amd cpu's are useless for Arma you need to make the switch to Intel if possible as Arma is heavy cpu reliant and get an SSD it will help a lot probs 500gb

I’m going i7 this time for sure and a 1070 or 80 should be nice. I’ll look into the SSD I’ve never done that before! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gf 1 v 24 said:

Yeh from what I've heard quite a few people run a 970 and they don't have any problems, obvs a upgrade would be ideal but If you want to focus on stopping fps drops for sure go with SSD to aid that beautiful i7 ;) 

I’m going to guess because i’m not home but there is plenty videos on how to run Arma off a SSD? Literally don’t know the first thing to even do haaaa. I have no pride so I don’t mind looking like an idiot 

idk if its just me but running shadows on high or very high and generally higher settings gives me better fps, i can get like 120 in kav with an i5 4460k, would list my settings but im currently in school

19 minutes ago, prob on fortnite said:

idk if its just me but running shadows on high or very high and generally higher settings gives me better fps, i can get like 120 in kav with an i5 4460k, would list my settings but im currently in school

I can try to auto settings and go from there I’ve never really tried that! 

39 minutes ago, prob on fortnite said:

It’s becuase higher settings put the work on the gpu rather than the cpu.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It’s becuase higher settings put the work on the gpu rather than the cpu.

THIS

Arma is one of those weird games that if you have a shit CPU, raising some settings will actually improve frames... there is no 'magic formula' you kinda just need to play around until you get better stable frames...also if your going to upgrade soon, you may as well try OC your CPU, theres plenty software out there that'll help with the testing...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Icy said:

I've been following this post but not responding because I didn't have anything useful to say, but now I do.

has anyone else noticed the title is ARMS 3 not ARMA 3?

I just noticed my typo... omg 

14 minutes ago, MAV said:

THIS

Arma is one of those weird games that if you have a shit CPU, raising some settings will actually improve frames... there is no 'magic formula' you kinda just need to play around until you get better stable frames...also if your going to upgrade soon, you may as well try OC your CPU, theres plenty software out there that'll help with the testing...

I think it is! When it was build I asked them to but i’m not the best in the area! 

Actually, there are a few launch options you can try using as well that could help (albeit marginally) ... I'm at work now and teaching tonight, so if your on TS around 11:30ish EST DM me and ill send them over... at a minimum your should run '-NoPause' (no quote) as it will help keep arma from crashing when you tab out / back in.... others i have enable hyper threading, allocates max ram/vram, cores, kills the startup vid and other bs to launch faster, etc... may only get you a few fps, but worth a shot..

59 minutes ago, MAV said:

Actually, there are a few launch options you can try using as well that could help (albeit marginally) ... I'm at work now and teaching tonight, so if your on TS around 11:30ish EST DM me and ill send them over... at a minimum your should run '-NoPause' (no quote) as it will help keep arma from crashing when you tab out / back in.... others i have enable hyper threading, allocates max ram/vram, cores, kills the startup vid and other bs to launch faster, etc... may only get you a few fps, but worth a shot..

Okay man thanks dude yeah I’ll try and hop on and take some notes down!! 

My Personal Opinion on specs for ArmA 

Intel CPU (Gaming one recommended)                                                                                                                                                                                                         

GTX 1050 or upwards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

8gb of RAM or higher                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

HDD & SSD (Arma on SSD)                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Should be Guccii with these specs                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Edited by 9mm
  • Downvote 1
19 hours ago, 9mm said:

My Personal Opinion on specs for ArmA 

Intel CPU (Gaming one recommended)                                                                                                                                                                                                         

GTX 1050 or upwards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

8gb of RAM or higher                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

HDD & SSD (Arma on SSD)                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Should be Guccii with these specs                                                                                                                                                                                                                

>”intel cpu (gaming recommended)”

15 hours ago, 9mm said:

I mean if you want a few recommendations, then here you go

Intel I7 8700k - 7700k

Intel I5 8400 - 7400

There's a few, there's some more if you do your research. 

they're still not a "gaming CPU", they're just high end CPUs used for all types of things chief