APD Handbook Update 9/13/18

@NokiaStrong Mostly what I figured, Just wasn’t really sure if you should RP or just tell them what they did and such. All the rest of what you said I know but I mean if they send a video of you sending them to jail for breaking a rule they would need like the full situation so you would probably be okay. I record everything anyways but just saying 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NokiaStrong said:

Yes but seniors probably got tired of answering the question so they put it in the handbook

Ahh ok, could have sworn i asked that question when i used to give apd tests. Always thought it was stated in the handbook. Ty my dude, i try and still keep up with server rules even though i dont play often :)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RambleR said:

Ahh ok, could have sworn i asked that question when i used to give apd tests. Always thought it was stated in the handbook. Ty my dude, i try and still keep up with server rules even though i dont play often :)

Omg ur leaking APD test questions! Now we have to make a whole new test 

• Haha 1

Roleplaying is the name of the game. APD officers are expected to roleplay throughout their service. Rebels are expected to roleplay as well. If they are quoting rules and you happen to be the lucky processor, remain professional and process them normal until you reach the ticket/jail section. A that point, inform them that they are quoting rules and that you are sending them to jail.

Hope this helps    ^_^

• Like 1

this i sactually the worst cop buff in a long while

might aswell just change the name to military at this point

are yall that bad you need to use lethals at 5 minutes now??? seriously????

how yall going to add charges without knowing someones name, you dont technically know someones name until you get verification through processing or 'license plate'

20 hours ago, Mr Majestic said:

How about this, you teach your APD dudes how to roleplay beyond LIST and we wont quote rules.

9 hours ago, Bahamut said:

this i sactually the worst cop buff in a long while

might aswell just change the name to military at this point

are yall that bad you need to use lethals at 5 minutes now??? seriously????

how yall going to add charges without knowing someones name, you dont technically know someones name until you get verification through processing or 'license plate'

The fact that civ use the 5mins to there advantage and can in some ways abuse it, I think the lethal option is a great counter for those ppl that do it. And the the adding charges have always been a thing it's just never been an issue enough to put in the handbook until now I guess

2 minutes ago, ChubbyElf said:

Lmao but seriously man I have not seen one APD nerf out of you since you've been chief

Then you haven't been looking in the right areas

I got rid of a bunch of the jumpspots, lowered the senior count, got rid of warzone raiding, made the jail actually worth to break into again (or at least tried - not easy when it keeps getting easier to just go through the process, got rid of M900s, moved deputies down to the cardboard vest, and there is definitely more I cannot think of at this current time.

Handbook wise I think I have only nerfed the APD slightly. You could argue that most of these things are minor, but that is the intention. I want to take baby steps to find the right balance, not go from one extreme to the other. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Then you haven't been looking in the right areas

I got rid of a bunch of the jumpspots, lowered the senior count, got rid of warzone raiding, made the jail actually worth to break into again (or at least tried - not easy when it keeps getting easier to just go through the process, got rid of M900s, moved deputies down to the cardboard vest, and there is definitely more I cannot think of at this current time.

Handbook wise I think I have only nerfed the APD slightly. You could argue that most of these things are minor, but that is the intention. I want to take baby steps to find the right balance, not go from one extreme to the other. 

Does APD have PC if a vehicle is reported stolen in wz?

38 minutes ago, Fuzz^ said:

Does APD have PC if a vehicle is reported stolen in wz?

I haven’t been able to see it in game - if it works in the way that a marker pops on map then yes

44 minutes ago, codeYeTi said:

nope just gives you nearest town

Yeah I would say that at that point it isn't probable cause. - maybe justifiable reason to carefully patrol outside of bottleneck using common sense and for a select period of time.