Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Calling all Olympians

I noticed quite a few gangs didnt bother showing up or submitting a roster. My suggestion is to increase the prize pool significantly to increase participation. Everyone knows what gangs will fight in the final so lets give the gangs with less skill a reason to attend the event.

Example 

First Place 40mil in gang funds

Second Place 20mil in gang funds

3rd/4th 10mil in gang funds

5th-8th 5mil in gang funds

Edited by tryhardsqueaker
  • Like 6

@Peter Long I know I have no say in this but ima share my thought anyways

You know how people just create gangs only for the gang wars? Don’t have that, only have legitimate gangs that actually play with tags in the gang war because a bunch of people come from different servers and just create a gang for the gang wars only. A gang wars is mean to show which gang is the best, and by gang I mean actual gang that plays on the servers aswell as participated in the gang wars, for example BlackWater Inc.

Only reason I believe this to be a better idea is because now everyone who would want to participate would need to make a gang before hand and actually do stuff on the server, giving you more players and all of your players more action. But then again, just my idea. Thoughts?

11 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Let's go back to the way the first gang wars was.  Everyone spawns on Warzone Island with all of the teams there.  A circle will close to the middle of Warzone Island over the course of 30 mins or so.  I think it would be fun AF to go back to this.

@Peter Long That sounds nutty!

11 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Let's go back to the way the first gang wars was.  Everyone spawns on Warzone Island with all of the teams there.  A circle will close to the middle of Warzone Island over the course of 30 mins or so.  I think it would be fun AF to go back to this.

This wasn't the first gang wars.

The first real gang wars was MC and Tree setting it up on Warzone before it was even warzone.

@Corporal Moob @Orgondo

47 minutes ago, McDili said:

This wasn't the first gang wars.

The first real gang wars was MC and Tree setting it up on Warzone before it was even warzone.

@Corporal Moob @Orgondo

Many moonlit nights ago.

Quality stuff tho.

@CROOK

WHERE DEY AT?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rangerx said:

@Peter Long I know I have no say in this but ima share my thought anyways

You know how people just create gangs only for the gang wars? Don’t have that, only have legitimate gangs that actually play with tags in the gang war because a bunch of people come from different servers and just create a gang for the gang wars only. A gang wars is mean to show which gang is the best, and by gang I mean actual gang that plays on the servers aswell as participated in the gang wars, for example BlackWater Inc.

Only reason I believe this to be a better idea is because now everyone who would want to participate would need to make a gang before hand and actually do stuff on the server, giving you more players and all of your players more action. But then again, just my idea. Thoughts?

why do you even bother typing on the forums

you're never getting unbanned

• Haha 1

Gang wars should be every 2-3 months other than that it's fine the way it is, what we do need is a "league" that happens at certain times each week where you hold the cap and after the time is up the team holding the cap gets points then at the end of the month prizes are handed out for the top 3. Makes people have something to fight for and is frequent.

• Like 5
  • Senior Admin

As tryhard said you need more encouragement for the smaller less talented gangs to attend. If gangs actually got rewarded for making like top 8 they would have more to play for and more reason to train for it. It's pretty clear from last gang wars only 2 gangs were actually contenders for 1st place.

I think the event should be held on the last Saturday of every month. So the ppl who have school can still play and anyone who’s forced to church can still compete. (I have never atteneded so let me know if any of this is already in place) another good idea would be a team size limit I would say 5-8 ppl and teams must be even maybe start with 8 each team and drop the team number as you go allowing gang members to chose the better player in the group (could affect the gang relationship good/bad thing) obviously to a minimum player amount. I saw someone say go back the the old survival closing arena thing I think that would be great for early rounds to get the early gangs out of the fight and later allow the “better” gangs to fight more by taking the arena idea out. They won’t be rushed and they can take there time. As for cheating/ddosing I think we should have a dedicated staff member for each member I felt I saw some sketch when watching the last one not gonna mentions names but I think that would help sift through and insure the fair play between gangs. As for ddosing suggest players to reset there ip if it’s possible for them if not a simple to like wire shark would help see if there was any foul play between players. You search for packets sending to you and save that info send to staff and they could use simple notepad and cntr+f to find if any IP’s on the sever or in the rival gangs match with 1 being sent to the victim.  Wire shark is free doesn’t req much memory or processing power and could help in a few situations there’s always a way around it but I figured i would offer a possible fix. Let me know if i mentioned anything that’s already in place thank you. (Also make a “click” for career cops so they can partake) 

• Downvote 1

Rule out previous winners (individually not as a whole gang). I give credit where it's due, TI will most likely just repeatedly win if the gangwars is held on a regular basis with the same great fighters. I don't know about you but there's no point in watching/participating in any type of tournament when you already know who the 1 or 2 winners are going to be (besides maybe just watching both of them duke it out in the end). That's why i stopped watching League of Legends E-Sports a long time ago. (pic attatched of when i actually played league and went to the NA tournaments)

league.png

Edit: The 2 seasons where TSM lost to CLG, they got 2nd. Like i said it all came down to just watching TSM fight the finals and either take 1st or 2nd.

• Like 1

Free prime.

anyone that locks onto admins in spectator mode banned.

Random location fights. Make it more interesting instead of OG 24/7

Allow last minute roster changes if the player meets requirements.

gang winner uniforms. Only the 15 winners would get this uniform.

kick anyone who reaches a excessively high ping. 

Since we have a hacker issue lately. Make gang wars whitelisted pids to avoid a hacker ruining.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, Deadpool said:

Free prime.

anyone that locks onto admins in spectator mode banned.

Random location fights. Make it more interesting instead of OG 24/7

Allow last minute roster changes if the player meets requirements.

gang winner uniforms. Only the 15 winners would get this uniform.

kick anyone who reaches a excessively high ping. 

Since we have a hacker issue lately. Make gang wars whitelisted pids to avoid a hacker ruining.

100% agree with the hacking points but what about the potential ddosing kicking for high pick can stop lag switches but what about if someone’s targeted by a ddos

22 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

+1

On 10/4/2018 at 8:12 PM, ThatNerdyGuy said:

+1