Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arent Cops a little bit too strong

Is it just me or aren't cops really strong.With their easy to use tasers and their gear costs literally nothing.   I feel they should nerf cops, at least make them have some NLR,it just isnt fair to some small groups.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
36 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Is it just me or aren't cops really strong.With their easy to use tasers and their gear costs literally nothing.   I feel they should nerf cops, at least make them have some NLR,it just isnt fair to some small groups.

Cops are a bunch of bots.

Pointless discussion don’t waste your time arguing with anyone on this topic. 

• Downvote 4

I think that there needs to be a few balance changes to cops -- particularly when it comes to responding to drug fields and processors.

There needs to be some degree of NLR when it comes to these areas. A 5 minute NLR rule on the first wave would be appropriate to allow players who successfully fight off the first wave to decide to stay or dip out. Smaller gangs will likely scatter, and bigger gangs will likely stay to finish gathering or processing and fight it out.

This would really just be a quality of life buff for smaller gangs, and may encourage smaller gangs to do more runs.

Edited by Creighton
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, Creighton said:

I think that there needs to be a few balance changes to cops -- particularly when it comes to responding to drug fields and processors.

There needs to be some degree of NLR when it comes to these areas. A 5 minute NLR rule on the first wave would be appropriate to allow players who successfully fight off the first wave to decide to stay or dip out. Smaller gangs will likely scatter, and bigger gangs will likely stay to finish gathering or processing and fight it out.

This would really just be a quality of life buff for smaller gangs, and may encourage smaller gangs to do more runs.

i personally dont have much problem fighting and getting out most of the time if u can kill them then u just go hide for a few let them sweep the area then u have 10mins before they can come back easy money i have more probs with civs then i do cops when it comes to getting my runs interrupted 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, drweeden said:

i personally dont have much problem fighting and getting out most of the time if u can kill them then u just go hide for a few let them sweep the area then u have 10mins before they can come back easy money i have more probs with civs then i do cops when it comes to getting my runs interrupted 

That makes sense. In my experience the cops usually return in the second wave in less than three minutes, and in double or tripple the numbers. I think 5 minutes NLR after the first wave is reasonable to give less experienced players a better chance, which could thereby encourage more runs during normal hours. This change would likely have no impact on anyone else I think. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
16 minutes ago, Creighton said:

That makes sense. In my experience the cops usually return in the second wave in less than three minutes, and in double or tripple the numbers. I think 5 minutes NLR after the first wave is reasonable to give less experienced players a better chance, which could thereby encourage more runs during normal hours. This change would likely have no impact on anyone else I think. 

Don't think APD should have to wait 5 minutes after the first wave, we aren't going to give civs even more time to leave the redzone and hide when they already have a decent amount of time. At that point, why not just wait the 10 minutes to raid the redzone again lmao

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Change their 30 second spawn timer to 1min or 1min 30s. Making it just a little longer between waves.

Edit: also makes it slightly easier in towns and in HQ. Making spawning a slight punishment instead of letting them spawn behind civs.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1
15 minutes ago, Greenarrow said:

Change their 30 second spawn timer to 1min or 1min 30s. Making it just a little longer between waves.

Edit: also makes it slightly easier in towns and in HQ. Making spawning a slight punishment instead of letting them spawn behind civs.

This would be amazing.  would make apd actually value their position in a fight vs suicide rushing constantly.

5 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

prepare to be laughed at by the entire community for a topic revisited almost 150 times at least you weren’t around when cops patrolled in ghosthawks and told you to carry a titan and git gud 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

With their easy to use tasers

a lot people seem to not understand this, Tasers are just guns the only difference is that when you hit 10 health you get tased. turning a gun into a taser doesn't make it easier to use just means you tase people instead of killing them. also everyone below corp don't have proper vest unless there is a script i don't know about POs wear level 2 vest, which can only take like 3 9mm shots at close range so we're not exactly "Really Strong".

Edited by Johnson4356
  • Senior Developer
27 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Just saying NLR for cops is just dumb.

I'm just saying that if you think APD reactions to processors / etc. against most gangs on the server isn't balanced by RP, then you're kinda simple.

9 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

+1 it seems even at fields cops show up within 2min and ur still lock picking your buddy out so u can run. Also in town.. we wiped 5 cops and as my buddy was waking up from being downed, cops already returned and downed him... would make it fair to have at least a small NLR. maybe then cops will value life more? already getting full tickets anyways.

53 minutes ago, Bigjohn561 said:

+1 it seems even at fields cops show up within 2min and ur still lock picking your buddy out so u can run. Also in town.. we wiped 5 cops and as my buddy was waking up from being downed, cops already returned and downed him... would make it fair to have at least a small NLR. maybe then cops will value life more? already getting full tickets anyways

a cop's nlr is how long it takes to respawn and get back on scene depending on where they're going this could be like 3 minutes. a minimum of like 40 seconds either way you can get pretty far away in the time it takes to get back on scene

2 hours ago, Johnson4356 said:

a cop's nlr is how long it takes to respawn and get back on scene depending on where they're going this could be like 3 minutes. a minimum of like 40 seconds either way you can get pretty far away in the time it takes to get back on scene

nope... we killed 3 right when they showed up and then killed the other 2 like 1min later then the first 3 was alrdy there again.... u see that is not enough time to "leave the area"

5 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

I'm just saying that if you think APD reactions to processors / etc. against most gangs on the server isn't balanced by RP, then you're kinda simple.

I think APD IS balanced by RP.....lol I don’t think you got what I was saying. I was agreeing. :lol: