Designer Applications: [CLOSED]

Complex designs are great. Anyone can get a template and put a actual camo texture behind it, with a picture here or there; and call it done. But when you make your own template and integrate your design into it, that's when the magic is made. 

Also working as a team and communicating with each other is a must. Especially with me. 

If Mako isn't around and you have e questions about texture design message me or get on teamspeak (evenings). 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

I don't think its the concepts. It's more the fact that masking over one whole piece is simple.

@xDRO has dope work don't get me wrong, but i think this app is to showcase skills within texturing. Complex designs are more sought for i think.

Dro hand painted that whole mystery ifrit.. I don't know how much more complex it's supposed to get. The only thing that was "texture copy and paste" were the logos that he placed over the hand done parts. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Gluxdator said:

Complex designs are great. Anyone can get a template and put a actual camo texture behind it, with a picture here or there; and call it done. But when you make your own template and integrate your design into it, that's when the magic is made. 

Also working as a team and communicating with each other is a must. Especially with me. 

If Mako isn't around and you have e questions about texture design message me or get on teamspeak (evenings). 

+1 most helpful guy I've come in contact with ab this

• Like 1
  • Community Manager
On 11/10/2018 at 8:48 PM, sploding said:

I would do all that, but since I just found out that my last project was never approved and I just made 15 textures for no reason. consider this my submission.

https://imgur.com/gallery/CPOfXEE

Sorry to be late getting to you however submissions need to be submitted formally as a staff application under Designer or Contributor. Anyone can feel free to share their work however I won't be accepting anyone based on a forum post.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, NastyNate said:

@tacosmell You should apply I love the shit you showed me. . . 

He Did. Mako doesn't trust him since he came from a different Server Im pretty sure don't quote me on it 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, max^ said:

He Did. Mako doesn't trust him since he came from a different Server Im pretty sure don't quote me on it 

Oh, Damn I love Tacos work did you see his off white frit? that shit slaps.

Edited by NastyNate
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, max^ said:

I didn't apply, i asked about applying and do to me helping with other things my trust was not there yet. Basically what you said but no i did not apply just asked. so why bother hahah Same thing with Ajax. 

On top of this, I am still fully capable of doing designs, but like i said at this time it's just not something I am trusted with. Maybe in the future. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, tacosmell said:

I didn't apply, i asked about applying and do to me helping with other things my trust was not there yet. Basically what you said but no i did not apply just asked. so why bother hahah Same thing with Ajax. 

On top of this, I am still fully capable of doing designs, but like i said at this time it's just not something I am trusted with. Maybe in the future. 

why not trusted tho? ure cool as far as i can tell

12 hours ago, tacosmell said:

Damn man. That sucks hopefully though some of your work will make it on the server. 

• Community Manager
21 hours ago, max^ said:

Don't have an issue with players from other servers after all I came from Asylum. What I didn't like was his staff role on another server that sought to directly compete by cloning Olympus.

15 hours ago, tacosmell said:

^

3 hours ago, xanx said:

why not trusted tho? ure cool as far as i can tell

I don't trust a wide variety of people including those within staff due to the fact that people are always willing to make a quick buck and aren't perfect. We hold quite a bit of intellectual property and code just as designers and beyond that I can't have everyone leaking information from patches or content being added, that's my job after all. :3Nips:

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Mako said:

Don't have an issue with players from other servers after all I came from Asylum. What I didn't like was his staff role on another server that sought to directly compete by cloning Olympus.

^

I don't trust a wide variety of people including those within staff due to the fact that people are always willing to make a quick buck and aren't perfect. We hold quite a bit of intellectual property and code just as designers and beyond that I can't have everyone leaking information from patches or content being added, that's my job after all. :3Nips:

I can assure you I never tried nor cared for leaking or stealing anything from Olympus. Also regarding the "clone" server.. why do you think i left? 

• Like 1

It is just unfair for me and others who can benefit the server greatly, yet we are penalized because we helped others with there work. At the end of the day, we are designers and if someone asks for help we are going to assist them. What happened in the past is gone now, and as all of you can tell there is zero chance for anyone to compete with olympus so everything else regarding those is irrelevant. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tacosmell said:

It is just unfair for me and others who can benefit the server greatly, yet we are penalized because we helped others with there work. At the end of the day, we are designers and if someone asks for help we are going to assist them. What happened in the past is gone now, and as all of you can tell there is zero chance for anyone to compete with olympus so everything else regarding those is irrelevant. 

You should design a sick violin skin.

• Like 1
  • PogChamp 1