Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

12/4 Server Events

Just now, Caleb Snackbar said:

There was suppose to be daily events anyway I thought

There has been. Doesn’t mean everyone has been able to participate so this is to give people a heads up that we’ll be doing them and we’ll be bouncing between the servers to ensure the people that want to participate get to.

7 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Do u know roughly what time these may start

Aiming for 4pm PST but 5pm PST LATEST. Gonna try for 4 though so it’s not too late for the east. 

1 minute ago, indian said:

wait... so what actually happened with the servers, website and what not?

I couldn’t tell ya, i haven’t been home yet to hear from anyone.

11 minutes ago, indian said:

wait... so what actually happened with the servers, website and what not?

Some poor management of disk space. Caused a sql table to become corrupted. Caused the mysql service to not be able to start up or continue running. Several people tried "fixing" her. Then spent a few hours searching documentation, scouring for backups, etc... Eventually had a break through and fixed it.

Gonna help train these guys and inform them a tad on some stuff to hopefully help prevent this issue from ever happening again.

12 minutes ago, Retired Developer said:

Some poor management of disk space. Caused a sql table to become corrupted. Caused the mysql service to not be able to start up or continue running. Several people tried "fixing" her. Then spent a few hours searching documentation, scouring for backups, etc... Eventually had a break through and fixed it.

Gonna help train these guys and inform them a tad on some stuff to hopefully help prevent this issue from ever happening again.

I might've not understood half the shit you've just said but it sounds good to me!

Edited by indian
13 minutes ago, Retired Developer said:

ty for not just giving up on the community and actually help out if needed  <3

3 hours ago, draMa said:

Myself, @Ryan, @destruct, @Jamie and whoever else wants to will be doing a string of events from demo derby, last man standing, maybe a few purges, a few races idk we’ll see what we come up with. We’ll be doing these across all servers tonight after we all get home from work/school. Obviously the servers and forums were down for most the morning and had to rollback the servers, as @ikiled mentioned, we’re doing these for the inconvenience you guys may have experienced.

All @Kyle Lake jokes aside, shoutout to @Kurt and @Retired Developer for working hard all day getting everything back to normal. Reminder these guys don’t get paid so when something like this happens they have to dedicate their time.

See you guys tonight!

You can submit a compensation request for some things you may have lost in the rollback here https://olympus-entertainment.com/support/

Count me in!

• Like 1