Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Civilian Council - Federal Events

Greetings tryhards! 

Its time for Federal Events to shine again! The team to tackle this task has been chosen, Me, @Colt@HyperGoat and @Panda :).

When it comes to dealing with Federal Events i want to make one thing clear before we start working! When it comes to APD and R&R suggestions its up to @Dante or @Mercury to make the final call for their faction, we can suggest things but in the end they are the ones leading their faction not us. Does that mean we cant get anything at all changed about APD / R&R? I highly doubt it, im hoping for a good relationship with both faction leaders to ensure no faction is left behind in the mud when it comes to Federal Events.

Other than that, what are we looking for when it comes to Federal Events? Well, you tell us! We want to hear the communities opinion on it! We value every civilian's opinion and there is no such thing as a bad idea. Do you know of something that should be removed? something you want changed? something you want to add? Tell us! We are always available on both the Forums and Teamspeak! 

Looking forward to working with / representing every single one of you!

-SPBojo

(My Steam)

• Like 8

I know you said that APD side of things are obviously up to sAPD but id still like to make a recommendation here. I think that there should be a bit more of an outline when it comes to pulling SDARs. Im not against them being pulled but I think there should be a bit of a rule set or something to refer to when doing so rather than just when the senior feels like it.

• Like 3
Just now, communistjosh said:

I know you said that APD side of things are obviously up to sAPD but id still like to make a recommendation here. I think that there should be a bit more of an outline when it comes to pulling SDARs. Im not against them being pulled but I think there should be a bit of a rule set or something to refer to when doing so rather than just when the senior feels like it.

+1 i don’t think sr’s should just be able to authorize sdar’s it’s aids

7 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

Should probably occur when for example a 50 cal. is there or something like dat

2 minutes ago, Walsh Weep said:

no. you have ghosthawks/ armored vehicles on standby

true, just thinking of an idea rather than whenever they feel like it tho

1 minute ago, communistjosh said:

@Millennium you have just insulted Walsh's lively hood

Hey, Hey, Hey, I got 4 armed offloads that i love 

12 minutes ago, communistjosh said:

-snip-

10 minutes ago, JuanDeaged said:

-snip-

When it comes to the pulling of SDAR's its definitely something i personally am no big fan of, HOWEVER, it should still be a option but in my honest opinion there should be better "guidelines" for it and not just "up to sgt+'s discretion". 

• Like 1
Just now, SPBojo said:

When it comes to the pulling of SDAR's its definitely something i personally am no big fan of, HOWEVER, it should still be a option but in my honest opinion there should be better "guidelines" for it and not just "up to sgt+'s discretion". 

Yeah I dont think they shouldnt be able to pull them, Would just like a guideline.

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Planes. We need more planes.  

You better start up a flight school then because i think at least 80% of Olympus does not know how to even take off in a plane! :D

Give medics their money back when @ federal events. Many medics don't want to be taken hostage anyways, it's AIDS. Making it so that they earn nothing for the time their forced to put in is ludacris. If a medic wants to be taken hostage in order to help with a federal event, whether that's because they're associated with the people doing it in some way or another (I know getting taken hostage by your own gang is against the rules but it happens anyways). It's going to happen either way. I think that a decent middle ground for it would be that they make half money or that a civ needs to have eyes on them 24/7 for them to be truly "taken hostage" otherwise they can escape before their alloted time is up or something like that. As a member of the R&R and a member of a prominent gang on the server I think that this needs to be changed, it helps no one. Medics will still get taken hostage but it's just gonna piss them off a hell of a lot more.

@Mercury

Also, I think the rules behind SDAR's is that if there is a count of 5 or more lethals (could be altered) online they should not be ok to be authorized unless the APD is any means necessary. The fact that at this current moment you can have a channel with 8 corps 2 sgts. and a plethora of other ranks and they can allow all of them to have lethals is bullshit. APD is powerful enough as is, we don't need everybody to have lethals. ESPECIALLY when the cop stack exists. 

Edited by Seth Mobster
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Seth Mobster said:

Give medics their money back when @ federal events. Many medics don't want to be taken hostage anyways, it's AIDS. Making it so that they earn nothing for the time their forced to put in is ludacris. If a medic wants to be taken hostage in order to help with a federal event, whether that's because they're associated with the people doing it in some way or another (I know getting taken hostage by your own gang is against the rules but it happens anyways). It's going to happen either way. I think that a decent middle ground for it would be that they make half money or that a civ needs to have eyes on them 24/7 for them to be truly "taken hostage" otherwise they can escape before their alloted time is up or something like that. As a member of the R&R and a member of a prominent gang on the server I think that this needs to be changed, it helps no one. Medics will still get taken hostage but it's just gonna piss them off a hell of a lot more.

Refrain from @'ing heads of the faction and instead let me deal with bringing it up to them on a meeting etc that way we can make it so we avoid unnecessary cluster. + This is a R&R thing, not a civlian one so i would suggest bringing this up in the R&R section :) 

Just now, SPBojo said:

Refrain from @'ing heads of the faction and instead let me deal with bringing it up to them on a meeting etc that way we can make it so we avoid unnecessary cluster. + This is a R&R thing, not a civlian one so i would suggest bringing this up in the R&R section :) 

Well it has to do with federal events :(. That's why I was putting in my two cents. Besides isn't that your job to bring it up with them as a civilian council member? Love ya <3 

• Like 1
Just now, Seth Mobster said:

Well it has to do with federal events :(. That's why I was putting in my two cents. Besides isn't that your job to bring it up with them as a civilian council member? Love ya <3 

It is most definitely my job to bring up federal event things but when it comes to a 100% medic thing that does not impact civ at all its not really "my issue" :P 

One thing that really needs a work around is taking medics hostage before there are even enough cops on to start the event. Although it hasn’t happened to me, there have been a few instances lately where a medic is taken hostage for a fed and it takes upwards of twenty mins to even get enough cops on to start. The hostage takers still expect the medic to stay for the event which can take another thirty mins leading to the medic doing nothing for almost an hour. It’s a complete waste of time. Whatever happened to the dope truck idea? I feel like that needs another looking at and would help with this because most hostage situations at feds only involve civs requesting dope anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Claysive said:

One thing that really needs a work around is taking medics hostage before there are even enough cops on to start the event. Although it hasn’t happened to me, there have been a few instances lately where a medic is taken hostage for a fed and it takes upwards of twenty mins to even get enough cops on to start. The hostage takers still expect the medic to stay for the event which can take another thirty mins leading to the medic doing nothing for almost an hour. It’s a complete waste of time. Whatever happened to the dope truck idea? I feel like that needs another looking at and would help with this because most hostage situations at feds only involve civs requesting dope anyways. 

The dope truck is something i will definetly bring up with the Developers / staff at my earliest chance to ask where its at, as far as taking medics hostage and such i can completely understand the issue and how its annoying, how do you personally thing it could be fixed?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

The dope truck is something i will definetly bring up with the Developers / staff at my earliest chance to ask where its at, as far as taking medics hostage and such i can completely understand the issue and how its annoying, how do you personally thing it could be fixed?

Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions for the solution. I’m not sure how it could be handled in a manner that would be fair across the board. For this, I will leave it up to you and the rest of the council. I just wanted to provide some feedback in manner that’s not toxic. 

1 minute ago, Claysive said:

Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions for the solution. I’m not sure how it could be handled in a manner that would be fair across the board. For this, I will leave it up to you and the rest of the council. I just wanted to provide some feedback in manner that’s not toxic. 

Fully understandable and i appreciate the feedback! I will as mentioned reach out to developers / staff and ask how the Dope Trucks are coming along, if it around the corner in not too long im sure this issue will be resolved but if not i will definitely look into other ways this could be fixed!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Walsh Weep said:

no. you have ghosthawks/ armored vehicles on standby

But you have titans that can hit us from up to 2km away and guns that penetrate tru the "Bulletproof" windows on our "Armored cars"

• Like 1
Just now, Strae said:

But you have titans that can hit us from up to 2km away and guns that penetrate tru the "Bulletproof" windows on our "Armored cars"

Which is why we have to compromise and meet in the middle when it comes to things like this! :) 

• PogChamp 1
1 hour ago, Strae said:

Free loadouts, unlimited lives, suicidal PO's and Deputy's who rush in no regard of caring about if they die as long as they take down one guy, Admin cops who can pull unlimited ghost hawks/armored vehicles and use suppressors

• Like 1