Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Olympus Discord

Discord or Teamspeak  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Discord or Teamspeak

Hai,

We have recently re-made the Olympus Discord as the previous one was deleted. By no means are we going to switch over from Teamspeak, so joining is completely optional. Permissions/Changes will be worked on a bit more over the coming days depending on how much interest is shown. A small poll is attached to see how many of yall use and or like discord. Other than that, if you would like roles just post below with your discord name and me or someone else can get to it! (I would suggest muting the server) 

https://discord.gg/cqf5m8F
Thanks, 
Fusah

• Like 2

Discord does not support sub-channels for voice, as in you cannot have a voice channel within a voice channel in a tree like manner. It would be very difficult to set it up the same way as Teamspeak. For that reason alone I would say TS is better suited for Olympus. At least for now.

My Discord: Eased#6910

Teamspeak is better when you are actually playing with this large of a community. But I think discord has a plus in the sense that if you put notifications on there it is very easy to access whilst not at your computer. So if you use it for notifications, not sure what those app would intail, that would be great.

I like discord better for most stuff due to bots and roles being easier to manage, but TS works better for networks with large numbers of people and ranks.

One thing I saw on a GTA server would be overkill for us but was pretty cool. they got thenin-game 911 to send messages into a discord and dispatchers would then send out units from ts, the discord also had paperwork where the cops would fill out reports in-game and they would end up in the discord.

23 minutes ago, Evann said:

I meant to vote teamspeak

I will always use Discord for my gang or for random voice calls that I get into. Don't like TS layout. I prefer TS for large communities like this. Discord for a small group of friends or something that wouldn't be considered 'professional'.