Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 2/24/2019

2 hours ago, Pledge said:

PSA: Trial by combat remains a privilege that is reserved for senior APD, and shall stay that way.

Why not give it to corps too? Is it just something you think corporals can not handle or be entrusted with or more so wanting to give another perk for being SAPD? Many lower ranking officers love doing trial by combats like myself and whenever I ask a senior they seem to always say no.

@Pledge

Edited by Xeltini
  • Admin

1. When returning to an active situation, officers are to enter the area code 3 or verbally identify themselves as APD.

So if there is a fight in Kavala (shooter is on office building) and two officers are leaving HQ to provide backup, can one go code 3 in one direction to draw the shooters attention away while the second officer sneaks up and climbs the later of the building and then verbally engage?

2 minutes ago, Mighty said:

So if there is a fight in Kavala (shooter is on office building) and two officers are leaving HQ to provide backup, can one go code 3 in one direction to draw the shooters attention away while the second officer sneaks up and climbs the later of the building and then verbally engage?

Yessir

• Like 1
  • Admin

The owner of the vehicle gives permission for the vehicle to be used as transport and the vehicle is non illegal

I'm guessing this is only the case when a situation is deemed clear and you are heading back to HQ?

2 minutes ago, Mighty said:

I'm guessing this is only the case when a situation is deemed clear and you are heading back to HQ?

Yessir. Otherwise it would be combat and not transport

• Like 1

So if I do not code 3 back into a situation then do I have to verbally say APD again so they know it me? Also for PO's will they be carrying an SDAR in their backpacks or will they now have a scroll Lethal option to use when authorized? 

13 minutes ago, Noodles:D said:

So if I do not code 3 back into a situation then do I have to verbally say APD again so they know it me? Also for PO's will they be carrying an SDAR in their backpacks or will they now have a scroll Lethal option to use when authorized? 

From the hints it sounds like we're getting Corp lethals, honestly I think it's a bad idea and the SDAR system works fine right now while giving a useless mechanic will just increase accidents. From the handbook right now PO's will not be allowed to use lethal force for 3/1, normal events and anything except any means necessary.

You bet this is getting abused and people are gonna lethal like Corps when no one is looking, not even considering bugs with lethals auto-loading or a PO scroll wheeling it accidentally, the SDAR system works fine and lethal force for PO's is so rare having to pull SDARs is a non-issue. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, sploding said:

From the hints it sounds like we're getting Corp lethals, honestly I think it's a bad idea and the SDAR system works fine right now while giving a useless mechanic will just increase accidents. From the handbook right now PO's will not be allowed to use lethal force for 3/1, normal events and anything except any means necessary.

You bet this is getting abused and people are gonna lethal like Corps when no one is looking, not even considering bugs with lethals auto-loading or a PO scroll wheeling it accidentally, the SDAR system works fine and lethal force for PO's is so rare having to pull SDARs is a non-issue. 

You best believe if that becomes a thing the civilian council will take that as a sign of war and no-one will be safe.

@DeadPooL mark my words, if PO's get lethals we will be going to war.

2 minutes ago, Bojo said:

You best believe if that becomes a thing the civilian council will take that as a sign of war and no-one will be safe.

@DeadPooL mark my words, if PO's get lethals we will be going to war.

There is going to be a button that sapd have to push to make po have lethals. It is going to be similar to marshal law. The cop has to be within 50 meters of the npc when I press it to have a scroll wheel option to have lethals loaded. They are in no way or shape getting lethals to use at all times.

1 hour ago, sploding said:

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

There is going to be a button that sapd have to push to make po have lethals. It is going to be similar to marshal law. The cop has to be within 50 meters of the npc when I press it to have a scroll wheel option to have lethals loaded. They are in no way or shape getting lethals to use at all times.

And why is this being added? If theres already a Sgt on that has to do it why is there a need to give them lethals to begin with? 

4 minutes ago, Bojo said:

And why is this being added? If theres already a Sgt on that has to do it why is there a need to give them lethals to begin with? 

Option if needed. Not going to used much there has to be a sgt+ on to do it soo po abuse it removal if not demote to deputy till I fell that there not dumb any more

5 minutes ago, Bojo said:

Easier than having everyone pull SDAR’s and soft log while there’s a purge going on or for any means necessary situations. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Easier than having everyone pull SDAR’s and soft log while there’s a purge going on or for any means necessary situations. 

If a cop is carrying an sdar you know their intentions. It takes all of 1 minute to get an sdar and soft log. 

36 minutes ago, Unjo said:

If a cop is carrying an sdar you know their intentions. It takes all of 1 minute to get an sdar and soft log. 

It provides a better option where we no longer have to make sure everybody drops the SDAR and have to spend time waiting for everyone to get geared up. In general it just formalizes the system we have already, which is nice. And since there is almost 0 potential for abuse it's better than the SDAR

5 hours ago, Unjo said:

Mfw instead on training cops to press F back to a situation you just remove the rule.

Kavala was pretty aids when you have to return code 3

10 hours ago, Pledge said:

1. Vehicle Interaction

1. Officers are never to enter/unlock a civilian vehicle, unless:

1. Turning off the engine for ease of discussion.

2. Entering a vehicle to extricate a deceased individual.

3. Moving a vehicle that is blocking an area/pathway 

4. The owner of the vehicle gives permission for the vehicle to be used as transport and the vehicle is non illegal

Does this mean a PO can fly my heli to HQ?