Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Rain and Night

Rain and Night  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rain and Night

• Remove rain and night
    • Remove rain and reduce the length of night
    • Keep it how it is now

I think having it night for like 45 minutes is way to long and I think it should be either reduce, like asylum has it, or removed completely. Rain reduces people fps, is annoyingly loud, and when it is rain at night it is even worse. Someone told me to remove rain they would have to remove night and I think that is wrong because Asylum has no rain but their night cycle is like 5 minutes. Tell me what you guys think.

• Like 7
Guest Excision

if u got rid of night and rain Olympus just wouldnt be the same :(

btw cleanup script is dog shit i dont have the best pc but getting 20 frames on cap cause there are 35 hatchbacks window/banana that havent been touched in 46 minutes is just cancer.

ive always had a hard time playing night time due to my shitty monitor but more recently the servers have been shit to the point i have to log out cuz i cant stand the fucking FPS issue this server has, and the fact i have to wait for it to become daytime just hurts my 5Head brain.

• Haha 1

I personally love the challenge that rain+night combo adds. Especially if you're trying to hide, stay under the radar, or landing a helo. My laptop doesn't notice the fps drops like some so maybe that's why. I hate the sound but if I'm not mistaken you can turn that off with the ambient sound option in your Y menu. 

• Downvote 2

Personally I absolutely hate the rain in this game it doesn’t look good it doesn’t effect anything that I know of besides preformance and it’s not fun to fight in during day or night. Personally I wouldn’t miss the night but I can see why some people would I think a reduction would be cool.

• Like 1

ive been pushing for this i think its aids having such long nights no one likes playing with a circle of vision or everything being green and if removing rain would improve performance i dont see any point in keeping it

I would say please keep night, but screw rain, the night cycle is fine, but yeah the rain is annoyingly bad for FPS and sound wise. Even if I have rain sounds disabled, I hear it hitting the roof of buildings or vehicles. Night battles are fun and cool, seeing the tracers and muzzle flashes. But get rid of rain. 

4 hours ago, swervy said:

ive been pushing for this i think its aids having such long nights no one likes playing with a circle of vision or everything being green and if removing rain would improve performance i dont see any point in keeping it

Everyday on Olympus is set to be the summer solstice which is the longest daytime possible on Arma 3. So you can't get rid of night, if you wanna shorten night your gonna have to shorten day time.

2 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Everyday on Olympus is set to be the summer solstice which is the longest daytime possible on Arma 3. So you can't get rid of night, if you wanna shorten night your gonna have to shorten day time.

Knowledge pogchamp

11 hours ago, Excision said:

if u got rid of night and rain Olympus just wouldnt be the same :(

btw cleanup script is dog shit i dont have the best pc but getting 20 frames on cap cause there are 35 hatchbacks window/banana that havent been touched in 46 minutes is just cancer.

eeeeeeeh now this is a problem for real though, I'd be happy with 20 but I literally get 11-13 fps

2 minutes ago, xanx said:

eeeeeeeh now this is a problem for real though, I'd be happy with 20 but I literally get 11-13 fps

I feel like I literally have the worst PC here and I get like 20 frames on OG. Granted im not flooded with hatchbacks or whatever, but like 4 striders an ifrit or two and like 4 suvs and a heli flying around.

Just now, Nex is the name said:

I feel like I literally have the worst PC here and I get like 20 frames on OG. Granted im not flooded with hatchbacks or whatever, but like 4 striders an ifrit or two and like 4 suvs and a heli flying around.

Naw Im good on OG until there is 50 hatchbacks on cap, but when there is im dippin I aint fighting some fatty fingers who has 100 fps while I got 13 lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Captain_ said:

Rain- allows you to sneak up better due to surrounding noise 

Night- hardly makes a difference buy a pilot helmet

I dont mind either. Arma is supposed to be a realistic war sim-ish. Its rains and has night time in war 

Yes sir, but my immersion is being ruined with this rain noise sounding like a god damn car engine when its hitting nearby roofs while im processing oil or some shit.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Captain_ said:

Shift o for ear plugs. 

I have 500 hours I know, but when you're processing you need to hear vehicles, and the rain drowns it out so you need to max volume and take out earplugs. Its a big annoying cycle, just remove rain.

Just now, Nex is the name said:

I have 500 hours I know, but when you're processing you need to hear vehicles, and the rain drowns it out so you need to max volume and take out earplugs. Its a big annoying cycle, just remove rain.

Which why I said rain can be used to sneak up or people. That just means you need to be more alert, not process, or have a lookout. Something should not be removed because you think it makes processing hard