Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Texture Designer Wanted - Contributor

designer_openings.jpg

Greetings fellow Olympians! Nearly halfway through the year it is about time again to look for new talent. Olympus Design Team is looking for a talented texture artists looking to make a positive impact in our community. It doesn't matter who are you are or where you come from, we are on the lookout for creative, committed and interesting people who aren’t afraid to fail. We want people who love to take chances, roll with the punches, and accept challenges.

Positions Available: NONE.

Spoiler

Please read the information below to fully understand the team, the position, and expectations.

What does a Contributor of the Texture Design Team do?:

• Brainstorming, researching, conceptualization, sketching, and creating new prototype art assets for the servers.
  • Uses a digital canvas to create, modify, and or edit 2D texture files needed for requested projects.
  • Creating single to fleet sized prototypes of new vehicles, clothing, backpacks, billboards designs, and other Arma 3 modifiable assets on vanilla server environments.
  • Posting created art assets, concept designs, ideas, and completed work on Design Trello.
  • Design Rotations. Preparing and completing monthly design tasks in par with our new Design Rotation Schedule.
  • Participate in Team Meetings and Team Think Tank, on TeamSpeak.

What is required to be a member of the Texture Design Team?:

• You must be at least 16 years of age. We are looking for someone 18+.
  • You must have a portfolio containing any previous texture art assets to display. Must be your work!
  • You must have a passion for digital art and the mindset to implement it.
  • Ability to prepare assets for in-game usage, through use of Google Drive.
  • Exception knowledge of 2D SW (Photoshop).
  • Experience of Supporting SW (PBO Manager, Gimp, texView).
  • Exceptional knowledge of texture design per incorporating AS, SMDI, NOHQ files into textures.
  • Good communication skills and active on TeamSpeak

How do I apply?:

1. Go to this link to start a New Support Request. https://olympus-entertainment.com/support/create/
  2. In the Title field, put your “name” and put “Design Team App”, example: “Gluxdator - Design Team App”.
  3. In the Department drop down field, select “Staff Application”.
  4. In the Steam ID Field, copy and paste your Player ID there. Read below to find out how:
    1. Hover over the player icon, Top right
    2. Click your name or the first option
    3. Click Unit
    4. Click Edit
    5. Change drop down menu to custom
    6. Copy the Player ID
  5. In the Age Field enter your age. Be honest, we verify, but we are chill.
  6. In the Timezone field, enter your timezone. This is important.
  7. Fill out the rest of the fields.
  8. In the Dropdown list for Desired Staff Position, select Contributor. All design team members start off at Contributor. If you apply with Designer selected it will be treated as an accident and be treated as Contributor App.
  9. In the Work Examples field, we will need you to provide examples of your work. Here is some important info:
    • We are looking for screenshots of textured  Arma 3 vanilla assets. Vehicles, Clothing, Billboards.
    • We are looking forward to seeing actual texture file examples. It's one thing to see a screenshot, but your experience shows through your actual texture.
    • Your examples should be in a simple trustable link.
    • Make sure we can clearly see your example. I don't want to see a small picture, or the object in the picture so zoomed out you can't see anything.
  10. In the In Game Name field, enter your most used game name.
  11. In the last field of this application include:
    • Some information about yourself and your experience with texture work.
    • Why you think you should be considered as a designer
    • Any other information or graphic related skills that would help better Olympus.
  12. Attachment is optional, but the links to your work examples are needed.
  13. Save and submit.
  14. Once you submit, be prepare to be put on hold while we sort out through all the applications. Could take up to a month. 

Here is a good example of a texture design we are looking to get in a artist:

Spoiler

example_ifrit_1.jpg

example_ifrit_1a.jpg

Example of texture quality we are NOT looking for:

Spoiler

civ_hatch_green_light.jpg

Looking to get these position/s filled by the last Saturday of June or before. I take this design work for Olympus pretty seriously and I want to make sure we have experienced designers creating unique content. I'm not looking for someone who just started texture design and thinks she / he's alright. I'm looking for someone who can make a bad ass design with limited input.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, Excision said:

I’m able to use the Microsoft Paint fill bucket. I think I’m the perfect man for the job.

So your the second example I posted on what NO to submit lol. Get good with the spay paint tool in Paint and you got a job!

Just now, Gluxdator said:

So your the second example I posted on what NO to submit lol. Get good with the spay paint tool in Paint and you got a job!

In all honesty I took graphic arts classes last year in high school, but im not confident and have no current work. But wish you luck on finding more than Paint people lol.

• Like 1
Guest Excision
3 minutes ago, Gluxdator said:

Yeah but in ur example u didn’t color in the wheels with the paint bucket which is why I don’t think ur suitable for the job

Heads up or should I say hands up!, the way you get your paycheck as a designer is through painstaking work of just pinging through a list of things needed done getting 5-25 dollars here and there, most of the time its a complete vote on who gets the money and or there design picked, so time will be wasted and you only have a good $250 (Or ingame items) to be made from this new update with all the new vehicles involved, if you wish to have a chance at getting your design in and making a little personal profit do this!!

1 hour ago, Azriel RosenPlatt said:

Heads up or should I say hands up!, the way you get your paycheck as a designer is through painstaking work of just pinging through a list of things needed done getting 5-25 dollars here and there, most of the time its a complete vote on who gets the money and or there design picked, so time will be wasted and you only have a good $250 (Or ingame items) to be made from this new update with all the new vehicles involved, if you wish to have a chance at getting your design in and making a little personal profit do this!!

Idk if the rules changed but last time I was interested in a designer position I was told not to apply because I do freelance work and paid projects for other servers.

If this hasn't changed you're effectively asked to do high level work for no pay, no exterior incentives and give up any side gigs you may have.

10 minutes ago, sploding said:

Idk if the rules changed but last time I was interested in a designer position I was told not to apply because I do freelance work and paid projects for other servers.

If this hasn't changed you're effectively asked to do high level work for no pay, no exterior incentives and give up any side gigs you may have.

I don’t know any position on Olympus that has exterior incentives such as money. This position is a voluntary position for the improvement of our community, not for personal gain.

Maybe the exterior incentive is that you will walk away with more knowledge on this type of art and also you can add it to your portfolio for a better “real paying job” down the road. :3 That’s what real artists do. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sploding said:

Sucks then don’t apply kid. If you want to be staff on olympus you can’t be staff on other servers. You want real life money? Go design for the 0 pop servers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, sploding said:

Thank god they didn’t accept you. The shit you design and put on these forums is fucking terrible. Retard

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Drippp said:

Thank god they didn’t accept you. The shit you design and put on these forums is fucking terrible. Retard

Let me see your shit then mongoloid 

5 minutes ago, sploding said:

Let me see your shit then mongoloid 

I don’t even design but I could open up Microsoft paint and make better shit then you. You are dogshit at designing and need to stop. Go roleplay in cop channels some more retard

• Like 1
  • Owner
3 hours ago, Azriel RosenPlatt said:

Wut

8 minutes ago, Drippp said:

I don’t even design but I could open up Microsoft paint and make better shit then you. You are dogshit at designing and need to stop. Go roleplay in cop channels some more retard

God damn @sploding he put you in a headlock

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Bloodmoon said:

God damn @sploding he put you in a headlock

Ima bite his dick off

11 minutes ago, Drippp said:

Atop breathing you turd.