Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Arma 3 - Marksman DLC Live Stream Preview

what im looking most forward to is the new "system" how marksmanship and weapon handling in general will be different. the new guns are all sounding like something we will not see on olympus. maybe the MK's will be added for cops / rebel. 1 for each side. 

We need snipers on Olympus but like make em cost ALOT of money like 250k so not everyone is running around with a sniper

they are NEVER going to be added. and if they were going to be added. make em 1Million, and the sniper scope being 200K. even with the current economy yes. you have the MK18 / Rahim and the MRCO. MORE than enough for a mod based on RP.

You can add a sniper just not a sniper scope, make ppl use your normal RCO, MRCO, ARCO. Therefore making harder for ppl to use

the scopes you just stated can zero to about 1200 with the scope. so no, its not that simple

• Head Admin

the scopes you just stated can zero to about 1200 with the scope. so no, its not that simple

So can the DMRs that are in game right now.  Deimos fired shots at someone in the warzone last night who was 1.6km away and managed to hit them =P

• Like 1

So can the DMRs that are in game right now.  Deimos fired shots at someone in the warzone last night who was 1.6km away and managed to hit them =P

excactly! :P

I think snipers would be fine on Olympus if they were super expensive and the best scope available was like the DMR, the DMR is only 12x zoom which is only 2x higher than the ARCO and the RCO so I wouldn't see the issue with it. The DMR just has more of a sniper feel to it (blacks out the area around the scope). Hell I would even accept not adding any snipers and just allowing us to have the DMR because it really wouldn't be that OP.

yea it would i'd be texting people from Sofia and they would be in kavala be too op

Seriously, all you have to do to realize Sniper rifles don't belong in Olympus is play against, or hell even with HoneyBooBoo.

BooBoo's already a great assassin, there's no reason to make him even more powerful.

all honesty it would make it really hard to have an rp server with snipers i mean right now as it stands if i'm camping somewhere i sit about 800-900m and feel confident that i will one shot them. Already at that range you can't hear my shot and even when i do text the proper rp it's still hard for people to not die. I can't image having a lynx or something like on epoch sitting 1.7-1.9km out and one shotting someone out of a heli like that's too much imo.

So I am just curious... Obviously it would be a long shot for Olympus to add snipers, pun intended. Is there anything that buying this new DLC will add to olympus that would otherwise be unattainable? such as the heron for example.

So I am just curious... Obviously it would be a long shot for Olympus to add snipers, pun intended. Is there anything that buying this new DLC will add to olympus that would otherwise be unattainable? such as the heron for example.

I expect that we really wont know until they give us the full announcement tomorrow.

• Head Admin

all honesty it would make it really hard to have an rp server with snipers i mean right now as it stands if i'm camping somewhere i sit about 800-900m and feel confident that i will one shot them. Already at that range you can't hear my shot and even when i do text the proper rp it's still hard for people to not die. I can't image having a lynx or something like on epoch sitting 1.7-1.9km out and one shotting someone out of a heli like that's too much imo.

Actually the sounds where changed in the last patch we could hear MK18 and Rahim shots at warzone outpoist being fired from meth cartel 1.1KM away.  Bulklet lands before you hear the shot though so your point is still valid ^__^

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually the sounds where changed in the last patch we could hear MK18 and Rahim shots at warzone outpoist being fired from meth cartel 1.1KM away.  Bulklet lands before you hear the shot though so your point is still valid ^__^

better listen hard gary i only shoot once :P