TheCmdrRex

The Current State of Olympus Development

2 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It is looking like it is pretty content filled.

Rex at night when we test shit lmao

Image result for Content meme

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I also have a lot of ideas and plans for the development and design teams on Olympus

tenor.gif

we are looking really good. @Gluxdator has a lot of great ideas and plans

PowerfulSnivelingBlueshark-max-1mb.gif

Olympus expand - so keep your eyes open for some awesome projects being worked on.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

You are fucking cringy and

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

tenor.gif

PowerfulSnivelingBlueshark-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

19 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I also have a lot of ideas and plans for the development and design teams on Olympus. Currently, the map design team has been sorta disorganized, as well as it has been a pain to implement things into updates.

Deadpool, Don't you work on map design?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • PogChamp 1

Just now, rabeed said:

Deadpool, Don't you work on map design?

You read one thing and try throwing shade. Fuck off

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

You read one thing and try throwing shade. Fuck off

but you say that im toxic :bruh:

seriously tho, take a joke B.

Edited by rabeed

Thank you for all that you have done and will continue to do for the community.

5 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Hello Everyone,

As you might be aware of, Fusah is training me into Lead Developer and is planning to step down once I am comfortable on my own. 

If you did not read his post, please do so here:

Anyways, as some of you noticed, this means that I will be stepping down from Senior Admin. I have really enjoyed my time on the administration team, and it has taught me some valuable life skills. That being said, with the way Lead/Senior Developer is handled here, I am not fully leaving the administration team. I will still be in consistent contact with them, have sway on certain decisions, and be helping where needed in administration. However it is unfair and unnecessary to both the development and design team, as well as the administration team to be taking on the formal roles of Lead Developer and Senior Admin at the same time. 

I also wanted to state that this will be a learning experience for us all. For those of us who have been here for a bit you might recall that I only started learning SQF in November of 2018 with @ikiled, and then I got Developer in December. It has taken time to learn SQF to the level of a senior developer, and finally a lead developer, but I know that I still have lots to learn and to improve on. With Senior Developer, I have also had to learn a plethora of other tasks such as Database and webserver related things. I am even more new when it comes to these things, but as we witnessed with the recent Stored Procedure issues with stats and vehicles, eventually I found a fix to our issues. Ideally this will not become a common occurrence, but I do ask for a certain level of patience with me as most of this stuff is rather new to me. I still have lots to learn in this role (hence why Fusah is co-leading it with me for now), and I plan to keep going.

I also have a lot of ideas and plans for the development and design teams on Olympus. Currently, the map design team has been sorta disorganized, as well as it has been a pain to implement things into updates. We have worked out a more defined organization structure as well as once I learn out to correctly add things, I intend to focus on better preparations for map design changes and additions coming forward. As for texture design, we are looking really good. @Gluxdator has a lot of great ideas and plans - and I intend to work with him on a lot of it. We have lots of extra mission file space for new textures and the intention is to enjoy that in order to continue to make our server unique. As for development, I plan to initially focus on getting new and current developers grounded in, then work on improving code policies and streamlining some processes to make it better for the server. I also really want to get some optimizations done as well as watch Olympus expand - so keep your eyes open for some awesome projects being worked on. To conclude, I know policy well when it comes to Olympus. My experiences have given me a lot of insight and I have learned from them. I intend to use all of this "knowledge" to get Olympus to the best shape I can.

Now for the big questions that most want answered:

• Will the next update even be good?
    • It is looking like it is pretty content filled. After this, we should be caught up with donation goals from the past months and also have lots of bug and balance fixes and even more content additions.
  • When will the next update be?
    • Probably in about 2 to 3 weeks (I want to stress the use of the word, PROBABLY). We have a lot of testing left to do, and still a chunk of the bank left over, however I expect most of this to be somewhat streamlined.
  • Will development applications be open?
    • Yes. If you are even interested you can apply now, however I also encourage you to keep an eye out for a post soon that will go into more detail and might help describe what we are looking for. 
  • What should we expect with this change?
    • Hopefully we should expect content to be to a better quality and things to work as intended l0l. Also, preferably more frequent updates in order to counter the paradox of trying to make balance changes. 

To finish, I want to thank you all for making this community what it is - and to ask you to have the patience and excitement to start this newer chapter on Olympus.

Thank you man for spending your free time on working on the server and dedicating your knowledge to it

Good shit homie, I remember you sitting in our channel shitting bricks trying to figure out how to fix a simple script and now you run this shit. Good luck and I’m excited for what’s to come :wub:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Good shit homie, I remember you sitting in our channel shitting bricks trying to figure out how to fix a simple script and now you run this shit. Good luck and I’m excited for what’s to come :wub:

Is that you dad? You come back from getting milk?

Keep up the good work @TheCmdrRex most active staff member so far

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EvanFowler said:

Is that you dad? You come back from getting milk?

@Ryan

1 minute ago, Drama said:

Yo quit dick sucking weird ass kid

His words not mine

1 hour ago, Drama said:

lol

1 hour ago, Drama said:

on jojo grave man weird ass nigga @EvanFowler i swear to god nigga u a bitch made ass nigga im ouchea in these streets catch me in traffic u mark ass nigga u got some soft hands fucknigga hit my line if you want that work BITCH 3Hunnid you on that opp shit get mob stick HOE ASS NIGGA SUP WITH IT 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grim Khan said:

on jojo grave man weird ass nigga @EvanFowler i swear to god nigga u a bitch made ass nigga im ouchea in these streets catch me in traffic u mark ass nigga u got some soft hands fucknigga hit my line if you want that work BITCH 3Hunnid you on that opp shit get mob stick HOE ASS NIGGA SUP WITH IT 

Toxic much did I do something to offend you?