Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Iight so boom... what if we add swat and i got some of it worked out, keep in mind this is just an idea and can be adjusted...so heres the rules

-has to be a corporal or higher to join

-needs to take a specialized test on a different set of rules specifically made for swat members

-need to have atleast 500 or 600 hours on cop

-if and when deployed technically would hold the same rank as a staff sergeant for as long as the swat member/team is active (so if a corporal went active as a swat they would be a higher rank than corporals but say if a sergeant went active as a swat they would still be a sergeant and a higher rank as the corporal that went active)

-need to put in an application

-need to be reccomended by SAPD or other corporals for being outstanding

-once you activate your SWAT you cant go back to a regular cop until the situation is over and once the situation is over you must immediately switch back once a situation is deemed clear

-basically its like lethal rules where during very specific situations you would go to cop clothing store and put them on and after the situation is over they would have to switch back into normal clothes and follow regular cop rules

so basically they can be deployed in hostage situations, at any active FED after about like about wave 8 or like wave 12 or something like that (really only at bank, fed reserve, or blackwater not pharm) or deployed in active terrors in cities.

basically they would follow a different set of WAVE rules

so say a fed was going on and theres like 10 regular cops are going and and 5 are deployed... the 10 would regular wave rule and the 5 would set up anywhere they like and even if they are in the fed zone and not dead if all 10 regular cops die they can go back in when the last regular cop dies... and if swat dies the other swat member cant respond until last swat dies

So basically swat would get special weapons.... they can only get long range weapons like bolt action snipers and stuff like that and can take sniping positions as long as they are within 800 meters to like 1 km of the situation... or if they have to breach they would have only assault rifles

there can be like special  roles within the swat like designated pilot or designated sniper and spotter or designated team leader....

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS JUST AN IDEA AND NEEDS ALOT OF WORK... but there would be alot of rules that could be addressed later but this is basically my idea.... let me know if its dumb or what

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 11

Btw i only said this because i want to make apd more fun and new and interesting and less tedious ... And it doeant have to be a thing i just liked the idea of swat being a thing cuz PERSONALLY i like swat related things it just appeals to me... Also if this was implemented the civs would def need some buffs to obviously

21 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Does the APD really need any more buffs? How about this, I'll +1 a swat team idea when I can buy a ghosthawk at rebel for 20m.

Well civs would need some buff to no doubt to match swat so apd wouldnt be too op and ghosts hawks should be thing for like 20-50 mil

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jonathan02 said:

no

im also almost positive this or something similar has been talked about before 

It's been brought up plenty of times but never executed because it's not viable. The rules of use would make it a once in a blue moon thing making the certification useless or too frequent and piss off the civs.

30 minutes ago, KGB JOSH said:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

also if you think I’m counting to wave 8...

:bigcheefface:

Only people on swat would worry about wave number lol also it doesnt have to be wave 8 it could be higher .... It would be thing thats similar to like when seargeants activate the lethal tule for p.o ... It would only happen rarely and if there are like back to back feds and apd keeps getting their asses handed to them over and over and back to back

35 minutes ago, KGB JOSH said:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

also if you think I’m counting to wave 8...

:bigcheefface:

Only people on swat would worry about wave number lol also it doesnt have to be wave 8 it could be higher .... It would be thing thats similar to like when seargeants activate the lethal tule for p.o ... It would only happen rarely and if there are like back to back feds and apd keeps getting their asses handed to them over and over and back to back

Ive seen swat on modded servers like kamden and stuff and i just liked the idea of it and olympua is my favorite arma server so i just wanted to see how it would work out in olympus if it would make it more fun or worse 

23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Btw i only said this because i want to make apd more fun and new and interesting and less tedious ... And it doeant have to be a thing i just liked the idea of swat being a thing cuz PERSONALLY i like swat related things it just appeals to me... Also if this was implemented the civs would def need some buffs to obviously

Well civs would need some buff to no doubt to match swat so apd wouldnt be too op and ghosts hawks should be thing for like 20-50 mil

I'm all for more fun, but not at the cost of civs not having fun because they get shit on by SWAT. I mean, SAPD already logs when feds start. That is the SWAT team tbh.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

I'm all for more fun, but not at the cost of civs not having fun because they get shit on by SWAT. I mean, SAPD already logs when feds start. That is the SWAT team tbh.

U right 

• Chief of Police

I think its a cool idea but it has been brought up in the past a few times. I don't think it would fit in well but there are some very cool concepts there.