Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Federal Event/Cartel Monthly Perks

if we are going to give rewards for holding a cartel the most time in a month then it should be limited to OG and it needs to be during certain times when pop isn't as low. as well as also designating server 1 or 2 to be the server that the time is counted on. gang uniform, faster cap or gang funds all sound like good rewards, it needs to be something worth fighting for or gangs aren't going to bother logging on for it. maybe during the time that is being counted towards this, players on OG cap gain a warpoint every few minutes that they are on it or gaining twice as many warpoints from kills in warzone.

Edited by swervy

Idea: Point based system that is active between 4 PM EST to 11 PM EST on Friday’s and Saturday’s. Gangs must hold a capture point till they earn 75 points, and then the cap point is done. 1 minute = 1 point. 2 to 3 capture points across all servers. Payouts are dynamic and money will be dished out at end of night based on points captured or points that were obtained before someone else captured. That way people who got close can at least get something to pay back loadouts. Best gangs monthly get extra special stuff such as perks maybe? Skins are cool but not very efficient and simple to implement for a month so I would not like to do that. Probably would get this stuff tracked live on a web panel too @ikiled

Thoughts?

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Ryan said:

8ab203eea7f1f2535ddab6e8d9b8ed34.png

So its about that time we talked about this goal... 

Federal Event Monthly Gang Perks:

So I pretty much had an idea where (after we figure out how we should track the stats for it) those that hold the most successful feds or make the most money (The stats again are TBD) get a reward for the next month. So for example if Tree or DB does the most feds for the month, the next month they have their own gang uniform or a perk like faster processing (again TBD). This is obviously not the fix, but is a start to a fed rework id like to do to bring another fed season on Olympus. We may also add a new stat on the stats page for it.

Cartel Monthly Stats/Perks System:

This realistically is the same thing as the Federal Event rewards. Essentially the gang to hold the most cartels for the month would have the same opportunities for those rewards. So if Synergy holds the most cartels for the month, they have the opportunity for a gang uniform, or faster cap time or even some gang funds. This idea was given to me by the cartel @Civilian Council, so credit on them. This will also have some new stats on the stats page. We are also looking into more incentives to want to fight cap, such as adding the new cartel event system where its pretty much like a Domination-like event where you get money based on contesting and winning the event. Details to be fleshed out between the Devs and the Cartel council.

As always if you guys got any ideas or suggestion on how we should expand on these ideas post them below ;) 

Appreciate all the support on Olympus so far, and thanks!

my idea finally going into action 

• Downvote 6
  • Senior Developer
9 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Idea: Point based system that is active between 4 PM EST to 11 PM EST on Friday’s and Saturday’s. Gangs must hold a capture point till they earn 75 points, and then the cap point is done. 1 minute = 1 point. 2 to 3 capture points across all servers. Payouts are dynamic and money will be dished out at end of night based on points captured or points that were obtained before someone else captured. That way people who got close can at least get something to pay back loadouts. Best gangs monthly get extra special stuff such as perks maybe? Skins are cool but not very efficient and simple to implement for a month so I would not like to do that. Probably would get this stuff tracked live on a web panel too @ikiled

Thoughts?

If ya need a dev for either side of that shit, hit me up.

EDIT: @monster that 420 uniform don't last forever

I feel like it would be hard to track who held cap the longest. Because when we did the cartel events based on time an admin was always there to track the time. Would you use a script? If this ended up working I think it should be gang funds as a reward, because we can’t use uniforms that you can’t buy in the rebel shop to load loadouts. As for the events based on who holds cap the longest I think this is a great idea and I enjoyed participating in these a lot and I would like to see them come back.

• Owner
On 9/2/2019 at 1:09 AM, Papi Pods said:

I feel like it would be hard to track who held cap the longest. Because when we did the cartel events based on time an admin was always there to track the time. Would you use a script? If this ended up working I think it should be gang funds as a reward, because we can’t use uniforms that you can’t buy in the rebel shop to load loadouts. As for the events based on who holds cap the longest I think this is a great idea and I enjoyed participating in these a lot and I would like to see them come back.

Well we have to figure out how we want to track it, wether it be most caps held on all 3 of our servers or a per server type thing, or a specific cap, etc. This whole thing is a WIP so we will see. I am also interesting in looking into a loadout saving for warpoint shop. Will see :P 

• Like 1