APD Handbook Update 1/15/2019

Does this mean Sr. APD could collectively vote out a Chief? It doesn't say the Chief can make this decision.. but rather SAPD.. so every SAPD member would get a say I'm sure? lol

2 minutes ago, |REAL| Boing said:

Does this mean Sr. APD could collectively vote out a Chief? It doesn't say the Chief can make this decision.. but rather SAPD.. so every SAPD member would get a say I'm sure? lol

Oh big brain.  Lower sAPD made the rule to remove chief.  Nice 

7 minutes ago, |REAL| Boing said:

They have been able to coup chiefs just hasnt been stated in the rules

• Hmm 1
1 hour ago, decla said:

Give it a week or so and this is wht it will look like ngl 

https://gyazo.com/537f186ba9f78accbeccf52e43d4e94c

Also DEFINE UNFIT in the eyes of sAPD, or am i just gonna have to assume it gonna be bias as hell?

inaccurate

• Senior Developer
19 hours ago, Pledge said:

giphy.gif

I usually agree with you, but honestly, what's the point of sAPD if they aren't "real" managers? (Actual question, not rhetorical lol)

EDIT: To explain, I think that APD became what it was when I stopped playing because people started feeling that they had to make every decision objectively. If you can't handle making decisions well, then you shouldn't be sAPD. I think it's funny how nobody interpreted this as the ability to promote if you're unfit for a lower rank. If you think that the APD leadership doesn't deserve your trust in their decisions, then don't partake in their APD.

EDIT2: I don't know much about the current sAPD, so who knows what it actually means. I'm clearly not in the majority here haha

• Downvote 3
5 minutes ago, Panda 🙂 said:

So you guys are saying that if we promote so guy to corp a year later and they are useless and they do not meet the expectations of a corporal and set an example they should just keep their position? 

Serious question.

Without telling them and giving them a chance to reform? Yes.

Not to mention that to get corp you're looking at like 300 hours of cop minimum which is a pretty big time investment, and to be able to yoink that without any warning is pretty yikes.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Panda 🙂 said:

So you guys are saying that if we promote so guy to corp a year later and they are useless and they do not meet the expectations of a corporal and set an example they should just keep their position? 

Serious question.

i mean its the sAPD that say if they work for their rank with hours that they should keep it. Also surely you think that this is a bit hypocritical as well considering the fact that sAPD all basically do the minimum and show no proper commitment or rule knowledge to an extent. not only that but i have still yet to here YOUR views of an expectation a corp has to hold ngl. 

54 minutes ago, Panda 🙂 said:

Serious question.

nah bc clearly they earned it if u guys gave them corporal. Shouldn't be demoted unless they genuinely do something against the server rules/handbook. Some people get burned out after a while and make their minimums or just play when they want. It happened to me. shit got boring quick.

Probably gonna demote @decla cuz he is an idiot and disliked by seniors.

also kinda concerning when everyone that has replied thinks it is retarded.

• Like 1
On 1/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, rapidaax said:

They have been able to coup chiefs just hasnt been stated in the rules

Wtf does that even mean

Can I petition to promote myself sergeant since we're making up rules? This seems like one hell of an implied power