Sandman

APD Handbook Update 2/10/2020

2 minutes ago, Creepy said:

There are plenty of japd at the civ council meetings

But none of them are there for the explicit purpose of representing the APD and it could be easily argued their APD status takes a backseat to their civ functions.

If you have a good argument against having one or two representatives elected from the ranks with the sole purpose of representing the Jr APD I'd love to hear it. With the reps being part of a union instead of as attachés to the overall APD delegation they would also have more leeway and make accusations of being SAPD puppets baseless.

The way I see it civ council members should be putting civs first making their APD role irrelevant, SAPD are myopic in their scope and for better or worse detached from the reality of the lower ranks. One or two elected Jr APD reps while not enough to change the meta of the council would make everyone felt heard and effectively end the friction between the SAPD and JAPD on civ council decisions.

3 minutes ago, sploding said:

But none of them are there for the explicit purpose of representing the APD and it could be easily argued their APD status takes a backseat to their civ functions.

If you have a good argument against having one or two representatives elected from the ranks with the sole purpose of representing the Jr APD I'd love to hear it. With the reps being part of a union instead of as attachés to the overall APD delegation they would also have more leeway and make accusations of being SAPD puppets baseless.

The way I see it civ council members should be putting civs first making their APD role irrelevant, SAPD are myopic in their scope and for better or worse detached from the reality of the lower ranks. One or two elected Jr APD reps while not enough to change the meta of the council would make everyone felt heard and effectively end the friction between the SAPD and JAPD on civ council decisions.

Since you're asking me, I 100% disagree with this idea currently.

It is the senior APD's responsibility to ensure that the faction is as balanced as possible for the junior APD both for their effectiveness and in-game enjoyment. I do not feel any junior APD members should be circumventing that by interacting directly with the civ council, staff, etc. in an official capacity, unless the Sr. APD willfully chooses to enact that mechanic. 

If the Senior APD fails in their duty to keep things fun and balanced, they will see a reduction in the amount of people playing that role, or they will end up being couped as these unhappy individuals rise through the ranks. If the Jr. APD is unhappy it's important for them to continue to voice that. The Sr. APD can either listen, or not. But it's important for them to remember that no one is irreplaceable. 

I don't disagree that on the face of it some decisions seem questionable, but we have to give the ramifications of these decisions some time to play out before stepping in.

Talk to your Sergeant. Talk to your LT. Talk to your Chiefs. If they won't listen to you and you are dissatisfied, pick up your MK-1 and join the rebels. I'm sure @Mr Majestic would be glad to have you.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sploding said:

35 minutes ago, sploding said:

How about cutting the middleman and just sending one or two Jr APD to civ council meetings? There will also be calls of favoritism or picking reps who won't rock the boat.

Fairly early on in the life of the civilian council it was decided that we shouln't submit APD centric ideas. However, there is nothing stopping a current member of the civilian council from debating an idea based on their APD experience.

I think you're forgetting that the civilian council doesn't operate on it's own, we don't just strong arm ideas through. We suggest the idea, debate the idea and ultimately whether or not it goes into the server is up to the staff and Ryan.

24 minutes ago, sploding said:

I always like to stay away from popularity contests, some of the worst representatives won these type of things in the past. You know what's great, you already have JrAPD at these meetings, @Creepy @Headless @xDRO @NokiaStrong

Any of these people can, and do, fight for the JrAPD during meetings. I think part of the issue here is there is so much confusion behind what actually occurs during roundtable discussions and staff meetings where a lot of this stuff gets decided.

• Like 2

if theres such a big disconnect between sAPD and jAPD then why dont we just have apd meetings where everyone as a whole can discuss their differences and get clarification on rules etc.

30 minutes ago, Evannnnn said:

if theres such a big disconnect between sAPD and jAPD then why dont we just have apd meetings where everyone as a whole can discuss their differences and get clarification on rules etc.

Because  half of them are too busy playing EFT.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Evannnnn said:

Bruh apd have a chain of command those bottom feeding retards dont get a choice

7 hours ago, Silton said:

Bruh apd have a chain of command those bottom feeding retards dont get a choice

yeah thats exactly why i put that suggestion in 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, sploding said:

We've been getting nerfs since Chris took office. Literally every chief has been doing nothing but nerfing the APD for the past 6 months.

Try and find the last buff the jr APD got, you're gonna be looking like a year ago or more when we had chiefs that actually tried to look out for their faction.

Maybe if you guys used your heads a little bit you’d realized sandman can’t just make changes on his own 

14 minutes ago, Linka said:

Maybe if you guys used your heads a little bit you’d realized sandman can’t just make changes on his own 

This is very true

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, Sandman said:

Changes Appear In Red/Green

Chapter XIV - APD Aircraft

1. Aircraft Patrols
    1. Recon Patrols may be performed an officer to relay info to ground units
      1. May not directly engage ground units
      2. Must leave with the wave, but does not have to return to HQ when wave ends
      3. Must not use lights and sirens
      4. May switch to rapid response
      5. Recon planes may be operated by more than one officer
      6. Recon planes should only be used when responding to an active or impending situation
      7. Recon helicopters may have a maximum of two occupants; a pilot and co-pilot
    2. Rapid Response
      1. These patrols engage with criminals on the ground
      2. Must use lights+sirens when patrolling illegal areas
      3. In order to switch to Recon, they must return to HQ
  2. Armed Airplane patrols
    1. Armed planes will follow Ghosthawk engagement rules
      1. Armed plane can also engage high-value ground vehicles.
    2. Armed planes mirror the guns hot status of the Ghosthawk, not vice-versa

**No more easy free minutes flying around... Sorry.**

ur trash shitter

• Downvote 1