When players talk about player reports

1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Personally don't see that working. That involves you getting the other person to join the support channel. Not to mention, it's hard for some of us to line up times to do the Conquest Events, let alone doing virtual courtroom daily. 

Maybe look for someone who can. Put out a search for members who would be willing to do it

• Like 1
  • Admin
Just now, Exner21 said:

If there are only 4 members that handle player reports. That's very poor management of staff. 

What @CocoisDead didn't mention, is that admins do player reports too. He's pointing out that mod's main focus is player reports. I'd say a good chunk of admins do them. Just with the rona season, business has picked up.

• Like 1
  • Admin
Just now, Exner21 said:

Maybe look for someone who can. Put out a search for members who would be willing to do it

That would involve us wanting to do that. Personally, I don't think we would bring someone on to staff to just being a mediator for every issue someone has. Support team is there to give out rule knowledge, their purpose is very similar without the ability to ban.

• Like 1
  • Carrot Kid
6 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

Not 24/7 maybe a designated time. Between this time and this time we will have a court room available in TS. I am only trying to find better ways to interact with admins and support. To help players

This is essentially what support team is for - they cant directly ban or handle comp, but they can help two players resolve their issues and reduce the number of false reports.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

What @CocoisDead didn't mention, is that admins do player reports too. He's pointing out that mod's main focus is player reports. I'd say a good chunk of admins do them. Just with the rona season, business has picked up.

I see, so maybe you guys search for some more admins and mods, Maybe that's harder or easier. IDK But it seems there is a shortage on staff. All I do know is players would much rather talk with a mod or admin when going to TS. I can say for all players that having an admin to speak with means a lot more to players than speaking with support staff. If we could find away to do that, it would be great!

2 minutes ago, CocoisDead said:

I said 4 that mainly not that only 4 do it. Stop reading what you want to hear/see...clown..

Hey man this is a civil convo. I am calling an Apple an Apple as I stated before. And I feel we have exchanged a lot of useful and good information. So just chill brotha

• Carrot Kid
5 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

If there are only 4 members that handle player reports. That's very poor management of staff. 

Admins can all handle player reports as well - they just prioritize comp requests, which really makes sense. Should we prioritize getting people their money back or banning people? It's not really any skin off your back if the dude that RDM'd you has to wait an extra few days before being banned.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

That would involve us wanting to do that. Personally, I don't think we would bring someone on to staff to just being a mediator for every issue someone has. Support team is there to give out rule knowledge, their purpose is very similar without the ability to ban.

No that would be great!! Players would rather speak with someone rather than do a report. I feel admins feel the same way. Would you rather read a report or talk with someone face to face

1 hour ago, Exner21 said:

So recently I have seen support members get away with breaking rules. I have seen SGT's on the police force try to enforce server rules that are not written. I have had admins say "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule". I have seen regular players get banned within seconds or minutes of making a mistake on the server. No matter what happens players are always told to make a comp request, ban appeal, or player report and within a day or so someone will look at your player report. It has been a week since I have submitted my player reports and not either has been viewed. I am having a hard time keeping players on this server. I have had more players from my gang, friends from other gangs, and even random friends on this server leave and not come back due to the mistreatment of its community. IDK what needs to get fixed but everyone knows it's going on. I'm just calling an apple an apple. 

https://ibb.co/7GFsQGY

If there is a support team member breaking rules, they do not get away with it. Support team is just like a normal member. No exceptions are made for them. If they break rules and get banned they get removed from support team.

If they are caught bending/breaking rules, giving out false info, being biased, being toxic, etc. . send a report via "Support Team Application" with "Support team member's name - report" in the title and upload evidence of it occurring and we will deal with it. Or you can send us a PM on discord, TS, or Forums with evidence to the Seniors or our Oversights. We need video evidence of this occurring otherwise we can't really do much about it. We aren't just gonna go off someone's word that they did something. We will listen to you and see if its true later without evidence but no disciplinaries will occur unless there is video proof.

Seniors: (@Strae, @Kedar@Millennium) Oversights: (@ThatNerdyGuy & @destruct)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Zahzi said:

Admins can all handle player reports as well - they just prioritize comp requests, which really makes sense. Should we prioritize getting people their money back or banning people? It's not really any skin off your back if the dude that RDM'd you has to wait an extra few days before being banned.

Ya good point. Comp request I feel is a good choice. But even for comp request in general would be nice to talk with an admin or mod. but maybe for a comp request its a little different due to the numbers game

• Admin
1 minute ago, Exner21 said:

No that would be great!! Players would rather speak with someone rather than do a report. I feel admins feel the same way. Would you rather read a report or talk with someone face to face

I'm an admin, I'd rather not,

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Zahzi said:

so would you rather comp some one once and ban the kid or comp 5 times cuz the kid keeps rdming everyone

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Admin
Just now, Exner21 said:

Okay then you'll have 6 reports or even 7 to read because you choose not to get rid of a player right away. 

Sounds good to me! We've been doing it this way for 6 years. No need to change things now.

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, Exner21 said:

So recently I have seen support members get away with breaking rules. I have seen SGT's on the police force try to enforce server rules that are not written. I have had admins say "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule". I have seen regular players get banned within seconds or minutes of making a mistake on the server. No matter what happens players are always told to make a comp request, ban appeal, or player report and within a day or so someone will look at your player report. It has been a week since I have submitted my player reports and not either has been viewed. I am having a hard time keeping players on this server. I have had more players from my gang, friends from other gangs, and even random friends on this server leave and not come back due to the mistreatment of its community. IDK what needs to get fixed but everyone knows it's going on. I'm just calling an apple an apple. 

https://ibb.co/7GFsQGY

Imma just break this down.

1. If members of the support team are breaking rules submit a ticket.

2. APD don't enforce server rules, the only thing close is sending people to jail who blatantly break rules.  

3. "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule" Every situation can't possibly be covered by the rules which is why we have "Not all rules can be listed so use common sense when playing." At the very top of the rules.  

4. Live bans have always been a thing, if one of us is in game and either we see a rule break or someone messages staff saying X is breaking a rule and we go witness it why is banning then and there a bad thing?

5. What is the issue with being told to submit a ticket?  We can't give out comp based on peoples word because people would take advantage.  Could you imagine a system where someone came and said Exner21 just RDMed and we banned you being viable at all?  We also don't give a time frame for when a ticket will be looked at.

6. Are you seriously saying a ticket that hasn't been looked at for 5 days causes people to leave the server?

Also to the dudebanger below you who complained about getting blown up by admins spawning in jets I think you are confusing jets with hackers cause none of our jets or armed choppers deal damage to players unless specifically placed into an event.

TLDR Tickets take as long as they take if you can't handle tickets not being instantly resolved maybe don't check their status ^_^

• Like 7
  • Carrot Kid
6 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

I see, so maybe you guys search for some more admins and mods, Maybe that's harder or easier. IDK But it seems there is a shortage on staff. All I do know is players would much rather talk with a mod or admin when going to TS. I can say for all players that having an admin to speak with means a lot more to players than speaking with support staff. If we could find away to do that, it would be great!

That's what staff applications are for - I think we plan to take on more soon, but it can be hard to find people that would actually do well in the position.

2 minutes ago, Exner21 said:

Ya good point. Comp request I feel is a good choice. But even for comp request in general would be nice to talk with an admin or mod. but maybe for a comp request its a little different due to the numbers game

There are far more people that would want to talk to the admin/mod than would be worth the time. Again, support team is here to serve as mediators.

• Like 2
  • Carrot Kid
4 minutes ago, Mavrick said:

so would you rather comp some one once and ban the kid or comp 5 times cuz the kid keeps rdming everyone

Believe it or not, most player reports aren't for some kid "mass rdming", but for smaller slip ups that people make. It's not that straightforward.

• Like 2

I dont think you guys understand the part where we have irl lives to tend to and jobs that take up most of our day. The last thing i want to deal with is kids yelling at each other about a video game after i get home from work. That is why we have a ticket system so that we can take care of the server when we actually have the time. Just learn to be patient. 

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 1
  • Head Admin
43 minutes ago, CocoisDead said:

Join DB Today! For a low price of 20Mil You Too can have access to Pocket Mods, Pocket Admins, Pocket Senior Admins, Pocket Developers, Pocket Lead Developer, and for Limited Time Pocket SAPD! No Longer do you have to wait the pesky player report times!

Not sure about the SAPD part but the rest is legit =D

• Pepega 1