Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

When players talk about player reports

5 hours ago, Spot said:

FACTS dude its mad corrupt. Admins and support members are always bending shit to their liking!

We dont bend anything whats so ever, if you EVER see a member of Staff/Support report them.

People going on rants about how a member of support/staff possibly breaking a rule is non sense, and is a waste of time for both parties, you see a rule break you report it, SIMPLE.

13 minutes ago, Zahzi said:

Why does the video need to be reviewed on the spot instead of in a ticket at a later date? Why does it matter that the dude gets banned ASAP? It's a lot more efficient to sit down and do a bunch of tickets than wait for people to join teamspeak and have a problem.

If somebody messages me to spectate someone, I'll almost hop on and spectate if I'm not busy (usually for scripting, etc). Randomly spectating people isn't really productive, and most server rule breaks can't be resolved with spectate because a lot of context is missed (engagement, etc).

this was just a recommendation. We talked about how busy everyone was doing reports. So maybe talking with a player on the spot would reduce reports

• Head Admin
1 hour ago, Exner21 said:

LOL I see your very classy.

All I see is the same excuses. And same method of diverting players to put in reports. As well as every admin coming on here to try and justify everyone's actions. Its not hard to view video evidence on the spot or even spectate players. Its a whole lot of excuses. And less of what players on the server actually want. But hey all of the player on the server are probably wrong and the admins are probably right.

and all rules can easily be made public and adjusted. Another excuse

Excuses imply we have done something wrong and need to justify it.  This is the system we use, it isn't perfect but it works.

I also note that in all your posts it is complaing without attempting to provide ways to improve making this nothing but a salt post.

• Like 2
  • Pepega 1
1 hour ago, Exner21 said:

Its not hard to view video evidence on the spot or even spectate players.

staff would love "tHiS gUy JuSt RdM'd Me SpEcTaTe HiM!" in their forum inboxes, and discord/ts dms.

• Like 1

Glad this issue has finally been brought up. I swear some of those high ranking members of APD run like tyrants doing whatever they want.Even admins but not so much. The made up rules and Admins interpreting the "Rules" to save their friend that is full of bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
13 hours ago, Exner21 said:

So recently I have seen support members get away with breaking rules. I have seen SGT's on the police force try to enforce server rules that are not written. I have had admins say "the rule is not written, it's an unspoken rule". I have seen regular players get banned within seconds or minutes of making a mistake on the server. No matter what happens players are always told to make a comp request, ban appeal, or player report and within a day or so someone will look at your player report. It has been a week since I have submitted my player reports and not either has been viewed. I am having a hard time keeping players on this server. I have had more players from my gang, friends from other gangs, and even random friends on this server leave and not come back due to the mistreatment of its community. IDK what needs to get fixed but everyone knows it's going on. I'm just calling an apple an apple. 

https://ibb.co/7GFsQGY

It's time to move on, don't hurt yourself further by funneling effort into the server. The days of fair treatment to the player base is gone. Yes what you outlined is my #1 greivence with the sever but no, I don't think it will be fixed. The server is comparable to the Titanic, and right now it's passed the splendour phase. Everyone is asleep below deck while the captain is at the helm oblivous for what is to come. That iceberg will hit, and just like the Titanic it won't be instantaneous, it will be a slow death. Sorry to be so poetic, I wish you and the server the best of luck but I'm not hopeful. Props to you for speaking your mind though. 

1 minute ago, Deluxe said:

It's time to move on, don't hurt yourself further by funneling effort into the server. The days of fair treatment to the player base is gone. Yes what you outlined is my #1 greivence with the sever but no, I don't think it will be fixed. The server is comparable to the Titanic, and right now it's passed the splendour phase. Everyone is asleep below deck while the captain is at the helm oblivous for what is to come. That iceberg will hit, and just like the Titanic it won't be instantaneous, it will be a slow death. Sorry to be so poetic, I wish you and the server the best of luck but I'm not hopeful. Props to you for speaking your mind though. 

Server isn't dying. Everyone has all these grievances but no one is putting out videos showing people doing these things. 

Relax and enjoy the server.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Sho-Time said:

Server isn't dying. Everyone has all these grievances but no one is putting out videos showing people doing these things. 

Relax and enjoy the server.  

Ignorance is bliss or so they say...

• Like 1

Admins not responding is keeping away players how? I think reporting is keeping players out because that time they gotta wait being banned they will get hooked to a different server/ game so flat out don’t report if you get revived. If you do that’s some beta shit

13 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Bruh, I just like 20 this morning. lmao

@Exner21 if you're complaining about player reports not being done. I get it, but as an admin, I'm supposed to focus on comp requests and moderator's are to focus on player reports. Personally, maybe we need more mods.

3 isn’t enough

• Like 2
  • Admin
4 hours ago, GoonThe13Yearold said:

Admins not responding is keeping away players how? I think reporting is keeping players out because that time they gotta wait being banned they will get hooked to a different server/ game so flat out don’t report if you get revived. If you do that’s some beta shit

3 isn’t enough

1 hour ago, ivy2 said:

good point tbh especially since most schools are closed and alot of people are home annnd summer is coming!

We just added @Stuuurrt so things are getting better!

18 hours ago, Mane said:

We dont bend anything whats so ever, if you EVER see a member of Staff/Support report them.

People going on rants about how a member of support/staff possibly breaking a rule is non sense, and is a waste of time for both parties, you see a rule break you report it, SIMPLE.

exactly, too many ppl claiming shit but not really seeing them coming forward with evidence 

22 hours ago, MontyStein said:

Oh ffs. Really? People don't give a shit about the little rule breakers? F@#$ off. The little ones are the ones who get away with it all the time and that's part of what is pissing people off. 

We may aggro the f*** out of cops and other gangs, but we don't INTENTIONALLY break rules unless it's stupid shit inside the gang that both people have agreed to (for the most part). If we break a "spoken rule" and it's not on the server rules, tbh you're right the rules can't cover everything, but saying "the rules can't cover every specific situation, so use common sense when playing" IS LAZY. If someone breaks an unspoken or spoken rule, they shouldn't be punished for it. At least not the first time. And if that rule is being broken consistently, it should be added to the official rules in order to solidify it's validity.

Yeah, people slip up and you're not paid to do this admin stuff, but at the end of the day you did volunteer for the position. I gotta say, I appreciate that because we need people to be on staff. To @ThatNerdyGuy if you're that worried about talking to people, why are you on staff? And if you don't like talking to people that much I assume it's because you don't want to hear the bitching from both sides. If that's the case why don't you take the judge Judy approach and just "if you don't shut up and start making sense I'm gonna rule in the other guys favor." I don't see many people on Judy talking over each other after that and the ones that do get wrekt.

There's a lot of frustration on both sides and I get it, but one of the sides doesn't really get to make any decisions or enforce any rules and is only on the receiving end of the shit.

You don’t realize who players are towards each other then. Think about the toxic, horrible, and appalling attitudes that players openly exude towards one another. That is what staff deals with when players complain. If you want change, look in the mirror and work towards bettering the community, instead of blaming others for your own misfortunes.

• Clown 1

Thank you to everyone who commented and had a good civil convo. We can see that there are players who feel very different about the subject. As I stated in the very beginning there is a problem. Its necessary to point out the obvious. Hopefully posting and talking about it will impact something. Maybe, maybe not. I will however recorded a lot more interactions and display my findings from now on. I will also be looking in to some rules that are very blurry. Starting with the robbing/time limit of players. Thanks again everyone

Edited by Exner21
  • Like 2
  • 6 months later...

This thread Is one of the best It completely explains how this community is run the staff members only care if it's effecting them and if you don't have 5 minute clip to waste their time with don't even bother trying to get help because the first 5 minutes is what matters totally not the part where the event takes place so while people file in real report with only 30 second clips of a rule breaker it's be put away as a denied report because of lack of evidence. I see how you need proof enforce the rules but maybe if the team had a little common sense so we wouldn't have to be struggling to play in this dying community.

If you wanna see a clip of a kid getting away with RDM look below this clip was just denied for lack of evidence

I even showed the messages he sent so I can prove he didn't initiate via phone.

Clip Of RDMER:https://vimeo.com/482736310

Screenshot Of what the RDMer sent me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2296444089

Edited by Low IQ
Had to add a little more sugar to this shitty lemonade yall made
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Low IQ said:

This thread Is one of the best It completely explains how this community is run the staff members only care if it's effecting them and if you don't have 5 minute clip to waste their time with don't even bother trying to get help because the first 5 minutes is what matters totally not the part where the event takes place so while people file in real report with only 30 second clips of a rule breaker it's be put away as a denied report because of lack of evidence. I see how you need proof enforce the rules but maybe if the team had a little common sense so we wouldn't have to be struggling to play in this dying community.

If you wanna see a clip of a kid getting away with RDM look below this clip was just denied for lack of evidence

I even showed the messages he sent so I can prove he didn't initiate via phone.

Clip Of RDMER:https://vimeo.com/482736310

Screenshot Of what the RDMer sent me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2296444089

No proof that they didn't initiate in the previous 4.5 mins by voice

For all we know you could have ran and they got one of their gang members to wait for u on the road ahead

Change your recording to 6 minutes cause every video on Vimeo is useless at 30 sec

Also, Don't necro old threads when you yourself couldn't follow the reporting rules

On 5/16/2020 at 2:46 PM, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Bruh, I just like 20 this morning. lmao

@Exner21 if you're complaining about player reports not being done. I get it, but as an admin, I'm supposed to focus on comp requests and moderator's are to focus on player reports. Personally, maybe we need more mods.

@Noahhh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:23 PM, marhanen said:

No proof that they didn't initiate in the previous 4.5 mins by voice

For all we know you could have ran and they got one of their gang members to wait for u on the road ahead

Change your recording to 6 minutes cause every video on Vimeo is useless at 30 sec

Also, Don't necro old threads when you yourself couldn't follow the reporting rules

Dude you yourself are a reason we have less players

• Downvote 1