Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

recently ive experienced a decrease in frames and its almost unplayable in certain areas. 

yes i know its arma and that FPS and optimization is not something that excels in this game but i know for a fact i used to get better performance... Anywhere near the fed or Air hospital i get literally <30 FPS and its a slide show, Hard to fight cops at the pharmy spawn. it is sooo bad. 

25 FPS @ airhq @ pharmy @ anywhere near the warzone 

35 FPS on window rocks

45 FPS on banana 

Driving in therisa to warzone and someplaces in the warzone is also significantly worse in performance

is this happening for anyone else? overall FPS drops but ive listed ones that affected me the most blatantly. 

How do i fix this? 

specs: 

i7-7700k

16gb @ 3000 mhz 

also installed most recent drivers

game is not enjoyable

cant even shoot back

mk1 shoots so slow 

driving is a slide show

flying is also bad in someplaces

my experience with these performance issues are recent, it has not always performed THIS bad

and no it is not because of server pop either since i know for a fact my game used to run better even on a full server 

Have you noticed other games running slower than usual? If so it is most likely your system or hardware.

Are other servers running better? If so, then I can't help and you would be better off talking to olympus staff/devs etc. (obviously).

Are the temperatures good while playing Arma? No overheating?

Have you installed anything unusual lately? Run a virus/malware scan?

Haven't cleaned out your pc software in a while? CCleaner, temp files, etc?

Did you try rolling back your drivers at all? The new updates might have effected your FPS.

Change your Arma3.cfg or .Arma3Profile any? Increasing your FOV, changing GPU_MaxFramesAhead, GPU_DetectedFramesAhead, might have hurt it.

Are you running Arma 3 on an HDD or SSD?

Changed any launcher options?

Windows 10 DVR off? Sometimes it likes to turn on randomly every couple of months for me, I just keep it off. Heard it helps with FPS but I just didn't like the feature.

My FPS in Arma 3 tanked and went from like 50 fps to 20 fps before my graphics card died. Could be a sign of some failing hardware, however, your equipment wasn't as old as mine was. My guess right now would be some driver issues since @Vigi easy money has the same specs as you and had problems.

The fps went to shit a few updates ago, pretty sure the new shitty cartel cap is part of it. I used to get like 90-120 fps on cap now I get 60-80, which fps wise isn't bad but its a laggy 60-80

• Like 2