Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

is shooting at someone considered hostile action?

RDM?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is warning shots on a ground unit (player outside of vehicle) considered hostile action?

• Yes
    • No

Hello, this my video. 

I'd like to give me side.

Following a computer crash I log back on to resume my moonshine run. I see a dumb ass rolling down the hill, I immediately assume that he's just trying to get close to rob me.  

Now this is were I have an issue. I fire a single shot, in my opinion not at the player and it is beyond obvious that I had zero intent on actually shooting the player. 

I hope into the Olympus TS, Initially the support member who dealt with the case said the warning shot counted as initiation but when a bunch of other support members joined weather or not the single shot I fired counted as initiation was disputed.

Now I'm VERY frustrated by how this was handled, because the inconsistency between different support members is the reason why I fired that "warning shot" . 

~ 2 weeks ago I was involved in a RDM case against me. The player had asked me to join the TS so I did. The player had shot near me and I immediately gunned him down.  I joined the TS feeling confident that I was in the right just for the support team member to say that those shots by me weren't initiation and I had rdmed. I then comped the kid and moved on. 

Fast forward to today, I joined the TS feeling confident that I had been RDMed because of this previous support team interaction. Just to find out that I was infact in the wrong again.

• Downvote 2
  • Admin

idk but in my opinion I feel like if I got shot at randomly right next too me then I would definitely shoot back. However, the guy you shot next to in the video should of been the one who killed you instead of the other person that you didnt shoot at if that makes sense 😛

• Like 1

Bruh you shot like 2 feet in front of him. Ofcourse he thinks he is getting shot at and is gonna shoot back.

While if someone shoots near you I would consider it hostile but I do not think this would be a good rule change bc this would be so fucking abused and retarded if it was made a rule and would result in more trouble and support cases/player reports. Bigggg -1

2 minutes ago, CocoisDead said:

If you have been fired at, returning fire is permitted.If someone commits a direct hostile action to you, you may kill them. (Sever Rule) 

Just to be clear I did provide that

• Senior Admin

So from what I understand warning shots against ground units are invalid, I would imagine having a shot placed at your feet is considered 'being shot at' so you would have a one-way engagement where the person who was shot at is engaged the guy who shot isn't.  

I would even think that purposefully shooting near someone and saying it's not engagement, so they RDM'ed me is probably RDM baiting or rule skirting. I'm not necessarily saying that is the case here, but it's getting close.

At the end of the day tho, the community opinion hardly matters. This kind of thing is really up to a mod/admin, so if they want an answer, ask one of them or submit a report and see what happens. I think clarifying the rules possibly stating an opinion and telling someone exactly that ^ is kinda all anyone can do as a non mod. 

2 hours ago, Python1717 said:

Hello, this my video. 

Following a computer crash I log back on to resume my moonshine run. I see a dumb ass rolling down the hill, I immediately assume that he's just trying to get close to rob me.  

Now this is were I have an issue. I fire a single shot, in my opinion not at the player and it is beyond obvious that I had zero intent on actually shooting the player. 

I hope into the Olympus TS, Initially the support member who dealt with the case said the warning shot counted as initiation but when a bunch of other support members joined weather or not the single shot I fired counted as initiation was disputed.

Now I'm VERY frustrated by how this was handled, because the inconsistency between different support members is the reason why I fired that "warning shot" . 

~ 2 weeks ago I was involved in a RDM case against me. The player had asked me to join the TS so I did. The player had shot near me and I immediately gunned him down.  I joined the TS feeling confident that I was in the right just for the support team member to say that those shots by me weren't initiation and I had rdmed. I then comped the kid and moved on. 

Fast forward to today, I joined the TS feeling confident that I had been RDMed because of this previous support team interaction. Just to find out that I was infact in the wrong again.

Hello, you have a massive dent in your head.

tenor.gif

• Clown 1

If shots are landing near you and you believe you a being shot at (not anybody right next time you) then you may return fire. However what you can not do is shoot at someone’s feet and depending on how they react you kill them. Only the person who gets shot at may return fire, even if they start shooting the player who fired the warning shots they can still not return fire as the engagement was never actually valid.

26 minutes ago, Dank MeeMoo said:

If shots are landing near you and you believe you a being shot at (not anybody right next time you) then you may return fire. However what you can not do is shoot at someone’s feet and depending on how they react you kill them. Only the person who gets shot at may return fire, even if they start shooting the player who fired the warning shots they can still not return fire as the engagement was never actually valid.

👍

• Like 1

dont shoot at someone and expect to not get shot back. You might see it as "clearly not aiming at him" but all him and his gang know is that a shot landed less then a meter from him w/o any form of engagement in a non red zone. Personally i would call you a 4head and teach you how to engage properly. 

TLDR - Dont shoot at someone then bitch when they shoot back

Edited by Strafe

This is something thats been discussed many times in staff chat in the good ole' days.

Unless something has changed: If its reasonable for the person getting shot at to believe they are being shot at, then "get fucked" Regardless of who is standing next to you. If don't want to risk dying, dont shoot.. simple as that.

One thing i never agreed with is, if I'm standing in a crowd, guy directly next to you is piped up and dies. If I return fire and kill him, not realizing what is going on, technically some admins/mods will ban for RDM. Always thought that was stupid. In this instance i have no idea of the wars or what has been txted to that player.. all i saw was someone shoot into a crowd inches from me... I would never ban for something like that because its clear the player didnt intend to break a rule and interpreted a hail storm of bullets as a hostile action.

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin
6 hours ago, xplayx14 said:

u know what even the lead dev said this shoot first comp later

Zahzi also said the first rule of passenger seating is making sure they don't get your name 

19 hours ago, Python1717 said:

Hello, this my video. 

I am confused on y u think this was RDM lmao. If it is clear that someone is shooting at you (which it was because there was no one else around u could have been shooting at besides him) then you can shoot back. You 100% shot at the guy and then his friend who was most likely tagged with him shot u. Don't try to say that it was not at him because u clearly meant to shoot at him lmao. Even though u had no intention to kill him does not mean they can't shoot u. Also y r u blaming the support members for the reason u fired a warning shot? It is ur fault for being dumb and shooting the guy so don't blame others for your dumb actions. 

12 hours ago, Skateezy said:

My guy shoots 2 inches away from a guy during a run then complains he gets killed.

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?

+1 lmao

• Downvote 1
19 hours ago, Brandyn Barker said:

idk but in my opinion I feel like if I got shot at randomly right next too me then I would definitely shoot back. However, the guy you shot next to in the video should of been the one who killed you instead of the other person that you didnt shoot at if that makes sense 😛

On the contrary, the best thing to do is take the death and grow fat off comp.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, Airborne said:

Hello, you have a massive dent in your head.

tenor.gif

Yeah man are you illiterate, I didn't complain about being killed I complained about how I got mixed results between mods. I've had to comp a kid 200k because when I hopped in TS the mod told be it was rdm for A VERY SIMILAR SITUATION. 

tenor.gif