dying?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. are the servers dying?

• Yes
    • No

21 hours ago, ClashBy said:

probly most poeple are permed

Unban everyone @Ryan

It's so obvious to me why 95% of new players stop coming back very quickly. They are in the mindset that in order to make money they need to do runs. And doing runs is just not viable if you are starting out. They are just too stupid to not get robbed. 

• Like 1
  • Owner
21 hours ago, DropDeadHero83 said:

You do be in a pandemic with the most cases tho, so like who tf gonna be doing there jobs...

21 hours ago, Monks said:

Almost all companies are still working now. A couple of weeks ago they were all shut down in full lockdown and the server was poppin. 

Mainly this ^ Arma is a dying game but summer is usually our peak times. Regardless, all the Atlis Life servers took a hit this season, not just Olympus. With this pandemic, our summer pop came a bit earlier then anticipated, and when time came to go outside people started to prefer that over video games (understandably)

20 hours ago, DropDeadHero83 said:

Just because its "light rp" doesn't excuse the toxicity of a community...

No one either implied that all servers are perfect... your saying essentially go onto another game because you assume the rp is better just because its a different game? Some servers are just logically better with their rules than Olympus... that's a fact, no matter how light the rp may be.

Compared to other servers, I seem to believe our rule set is the easiest and probably most straight forward. Guess its personal opinion though.

16 hours ago, Slav said:

Arma 3 is a dying game in itself. Only about like 15k users are on at any given time. Then everyone of that 15k is divided into different communities from KOTH and milsim to roleplay servers.

Everyone is just waiting for the next game to come out. Which I imagine will be somewhat shortly since Arma is Bohemia’s biggest game lineup. I heard that they are building a new engine called Enfusion and I can say confidently that Arma 4 will be the most popular Arma game to date. The engine they are making will certainly outperform the Arma 3 engine, and we have already seen snippets of it in Dayz Standalone.

I don’t like Dayz Standalone compared to the mod. However, no one can deny that it runs significantly better than Arma 3 in terms of performance. The performance of Dayz and the future improvements to gameplay from Arma 3 will push Arma 4 into a new light.

16 hours ago, xplayx14 said:

ofc everyone is hyped for oly to be a rp server on arma 4 but it's gonna be a long time before arma 4 comes out 

Arma 4 for Olympus will happen. We actually started brainstorming ideas for how we want to develop this server.

16 hours ago, Lou said:

Fuck you nerdy

yeah fuck @ThatNerdyGuy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Arma 4 for Olympus will happen. We actually started brainstorming ideas for how we want to develop this server.

I'm really glad to hear this. I was just talking to Rex about this during our interview last night.

A successful Arma 4 Olympus server is kind of a wet dream for me tbh. I'd love to see Arma Life be revived. It is 100% something that I want to be here for, 100% something I want to be involved in, and 100% something pur community is capable of.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Mainly this ^ Arma is a dying game but summer is usually our peak times. Regardless, all the Atlis Life servers took a hit this season, not just Olympus. With this pandemic, our summer pop came a bit earlier then anticipated, and when time came to go outside people started to prefer that over video games (understandably)

Compared to other servers, I seem to believe our rule set is the easiest and probably most straight forward. Guess its personal opinion though.

yeah fuck @ThatNerdyGuy

OMG LET'S GO CAN NOT WAIT FOR ARMA 4 OLY SERVERS thank u so much 

15 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

I'm really glad to hear this. I was just talking to Rex about this during our interview last night.

A successful Arma 4 Olympus server is kind of a wet dream for me tbh. I'd love to see Arma Life be revived. It is 100% something that I want to be here for, 100% something I want to be involved in, and 100% something pur community is capable of.

same omg cant wait 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Quality content. I mean, it’s only natural. Just gotta survive until Arma 4. But imagine the community will have the most members it ever has had when Arma 4 drops and an Olympus server starts up. If Bohemia interactive shows any inkling of intelligences, which I imagine they have, Arma 4 will perform better than Arma 3, improve upon the existing content, and greatly support the modding/Arma players that enjoy developing their own missions/servers.

• Owner
24 minutes ago, Slav said:

Quality content. I mean, it’s only natural. Just gotta survive until Arma 4. But imagine the community will have the most members it ever has had when Arma 4 drops and an Olympus server starts up. If Bohemia interactive shows any inkling of intelligences, which I imagine they have, Arma 4 will perform better than Arma 3, improve upon the existing content, and greatly support the modding/Arma players that enjoy developing their own missions/servers.

Based off hearsay from insiders, Arma 4 will be using DayZ's "Enfusion" engine. Aka it wont even be 100% sqf coding like Arma 3 is.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Based off hearsay from insiders, Arma 4 will be using DayZ's "Enfusion" engine. Aka it wont even be 100% sqf coding like Arma 3 is.

are u saying i can drive a hatchback without flipping 50000 times?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Somewhat true. Dayz doesn’t even fully use the Enfusion engine, but rather small parts of it. The rest of the engine is still being worked on/will be used for other games, like Arma 4. I’m sure there will be some adaptations made to keep the modding community alive, since it is what keeps their games going for so many years after release.

I heard they were working on making it easier and more optimal for the modding community with their engine since it locks many people out from willing to incorporate themselves in that side of the game. Personally, SQF coding is fine in my opinion but could be improved in someways, which is what I think Bohemia Interactive is looking into. 

I mean, Bohemia Interactive has essentially used it in their games starting with operation flashpoint in 2002. I don’t think it’s going to be something they abandon, but rather, improve alongside the engine.

Edited by Slav
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

The question is, are they going to have Arma 4 set at a reasonable time not some more future shit. Call of duty clearly listened for once and it’s worked out for them, wonder if Bohemia will do the same... 

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

yeah fuck @ThatNerdyGuy

You’re right in saying you have less chance of being banned with your rules... I suppose. Where as a full rp server you can be banned from any hick-up in a slight action out of rp