Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

My thoughts on server merg testing

24 minutes ago, lvy said:

This is my take on it:

-The reason there has been new players in the past day is because the game went on sale on Steam. 

- I feel bad for S2 players not being able to access their houses/sheds. I would complain too if I couldn’t get on my main server. 

- I personally thought the server temporarily shut down was because cartel players and cops wanted more people however, I actually don’t mind many cops being on because it’s more motivating to do a BW/fed and obvi scatting in kav. 

- As for the medics, literally cannot stand medics at all. Annoying but it’s all we got so... 

- For Wars.... come on, you’re apart of N which is a big gang that might scare smaller gangs which is why they may not accept wars.

Silla won't war N and they are around the same size. My opinion is that the server lock should stay in place I have houses on both servers so I can play on either for all i care

18 minutes ago, Vigi easy money said:

Silla won't war N and they are around the same size. My opinion is that the server lock should stay in place I have houses on both servers so I can play on either for all i care

I wasn’t referring to Silla because we have our reasons on not warring them( it’s off and on tbh) Also Noble is 2x the size of Silla so don’t get it twisted. What I meant was smaller gangs ( not Silla )  might not war Noble because of how big they are. 

You may have houses on both but I highly doubt people have houses on both and it depends on what type of houses we are talking about. A lot of people have their gear houses and houses for runs on one server ( 1 or 2 ). And let’s not forgot the gangs with sheds on server 2. 

• Admin

Another thing to talk about is the people complaining about run risk right now. Guys i remember a time where 9/10 runs would get busted. I know plenty of people making 7m a day from runs with ZERO contact. While I understand people complaining about s2 houses etc i dont think a FULL TIME server 1 merg would be that bad of an idea, think of the turf wars and how fun they would be. I think we all know a vast majority of us are HOOKED on this server. I think a lot of us miss the old days full of fights turf wars and interacting with people in game. 

4 hours ago, Noble said:

No wars?

ETA on noble accepting the DB war.

Cop stacks, owned property and runs clashing are the only issues I can see. Obviously server pop will be better and hopefully we see some gangs merge and have some big gangs like it used to be.

18 minutes ago, Hoonter said:

Last number I heard was there is 150 active cops So I think a 25 stack is unlikely as that is like a 1/6 of the Total cop count

But career cops are freaks

• Like 1
  • Admin

Wait. You guys are scared of cops checking red zones? The point of the game is cops and robbers.

Yesterday I logged in and played for a bit. We spent 30 minutes going around the whole map with over 110 players and found NO ONE doing anything. We needed to have some fun so went to Kavala to have something to do. I don’t know what people are doing or where everyone is tbh. 

1 minute ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Wait. You guys are scared of cops checking red zones? The point of the game is cops and robbers

I believe the key word was stack. A few cops is not an issue large groups in helis and multiple vehicles is cancer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Noble said:

2. Worst medical services ever. 

There was a time when an EMT would drive to meth pro just to get someone up. In the past day i have died 3 times and all 3 have been bleed outs. there were 10 medics on including S&R an i will still bleed out 1km from a hospital. I have not seen this many afk medics sense the old Gambling medic days.

This could be due partially to a glitch with the new 2.0  update that causes the game to delete bodies after dying in exploded vehicles, we can not see your request or body but we can deny for some reason or maybe we are just dog shit who knows

• Like 1

If we could find some way to properly compensate s2 players, maybe add some new gang sheds and houses in key areas, and have excellent performance with high player population on s1, I think mergining the servers would be great.

All of those things are MUCH easier said than done though.

• Like 1
  • Weird 2
5 hours ago, Noble said:

1. WAYYYYY more new players.

Im talking 20 people, not in gnags, just brand new players. I have enjoyed helping a few of them with buying trucks what guns to buy ETC.

Server 1 has always been the "new player server" so with only one server being available this is self explanatory.

5 hours ago, Noble said:

2. Worst medical services ever. 

There was a time when an EMT would drive to meth pro just to get someone up. In the past day i have died 3 times and all 3 have been bleed outs. there were 10 medics on including S&R an i will still bleed out 1km from a hospital. I have not seen this many afk medics sense the old Gambling medic days.

I wanna believe you on this but 99.99% sure you are exaggerating. If this actually happened toss me a video and il personally have a chat with the medics involved : )

5 hours ago, Noble said:

3.No wars?

Im not too sure what the reason for this is but out of the 15 new gangs i saw, 3 wanted to war. Its sad to see so many people not want such a fun aspet of the server AND of course still talk shit in side chat 

I touched on this earlier, Server 1 has always been the "new player" / random people server, with S2 down for the time being majority of S2 gangs are simply not playing making S1 seem quite dead gang wise.

5 hours ago, Noble said:

4. People are complaining way too much about this testing.

Ryan already said he has no plans on closing server 2 but I think the silnt majority approves of his because no one wants to do afk runs for 5hrs and fall asleep 

Ah yes, classic. Has there been complaining about testing itself? No. Has there been complaining about S2 being the server to get "tested" on? Yes.
If you have a problem with people not enjoying the fact their houses + gang sheds being taken away from them (even temporarily) im sorry to say but ur a dent head. If S1 was down instead of S2 people would still bitch and we all know Noble would bitch the loudest 😉 

6 hours ago, Noble said:

6. Cops

I worry about a 15 stack SAPD that is going to run around almost totally uncontested railing all runs people (especially new players seeing there is a large infulx and everyone needs money)

1 server, what do you expect? Besides, fake news. Cops aint stacking for shit.

5 hours ago, anti said:

Explains why I bled out in sofia with 7 medics on, only to respawn in kav and get killed by a medic.  Salt in the wound.  Admins should make an announcement before this stuff. 

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just talked to the staff member that did majority of events yesterday aka the 15th, there was no events being done in kavala so idk what in the world you are on about. If this actually happened and you have a video of this, PLEASE send me it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SPBojo said:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just talked to the staff member that did majority of events yesterday aka the 15th, there was no events being done in kavala so idk what in the world you are on about. If this actually happened and you have a video of this, PLEASE send me it.

Not salty about being killed.  Was admin rezzed and teleported to safety.   I think I do have video?  But that doesn't matter they were all just dicking around leveling kav with an at offroad.

Just saying though, if all the medics are tied up doing something with admins, there should be some announcement that nobody's getting rezzed.  Several of my crew also lots kits from bleedouts with all those medics on.  

2 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

If we could find some way to properly compensate s2 players, maybe add some new gang sheds and houses in key areas, and have excellent performance with high player population on s1, I think mergining the servers would be great.

All of those things are MUCH easier said than done though.

Both servers will die.  That's just planning for failure.  To just think that the server pop will never go back up again, and to go through all the effort to make sure it's no longer an easily executed option is a terrible idea.  

Sometimes people just wanna chill and make money in peace, and throwing all those different gangs into the same server, and destroying all the infastructure of half the gangs just leads to nobody ever being able to make money unless they are in a giant zerg gang.  

Server pop cap should not be the goal.  This whole experiment is a terrible idea that is going to finish this community off way faster than it naturally should be.  And this statement kind of confirms exactly what I said when it was first announced.  This has almost nothing to do with testing hardware, and is just a bait and switch to close a server and try to skirt the outrage over it.  

• Hmm 1
  • Downvote 2
26 minutes ago, anti said:

Not salty about being killed.  Was admin rezzed and teleported to safety.   I think I do have video?  But that doesn't matter they were all just dicking around leveling kav with an at offroad.

Just saying though, if all the medics are tied up doing something with admins, there should be some announcement that nobody's getting rezzed.  Several of my crew also lots kits from bleedouts with all those medics on. 

This was 2 days ago, before S2 was temporarily locked. Im glad to hear you got revived etc but as for that situation itself, i agree with you it shouldnt be happening 🙂 

If this happens again in the future or you have a problem with medics afk'ing etc, you are more than welcome to hit me up personally / make a report / contact another senior with a video and we will gladly deal with it! 

Just now, SPBojo said:

This was 2 days ago, before S2 was temporarily locked. Im glad to hear you got revived etc but as for that situation itself, i agree with you it shouldnt be happening 🙂 

If this happens again in the future, or <you have a problem with medics afk'ing etc, you are more than welcome to hit me up personally / make a report / contact another senior with a video and we will gladly deal with it! 

They were all kicking it with an admin.  Seems like a free pass scenario.  I don't want anyone to get into trouble, just suggesting a warning if they get tied up like this. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SPBojo said:

I wanna believe you on this but 99.99% sure you are exaggerating. If this actually happened toss me a video and il personally have a chat with the medics involved : )

I vouch for this.

I literally have bled out three times within the past few days with medics that are nearly on top of me.

• Admin
1 hour ago, SPBojo said:

No no trust ne, im being 100% serious. 10 medic stack and i bleed out 15 min. I didnt care enough to get screenshots of the medics involved but If it helps, I was on yesterday from 3:30 to 12 EST. 100% being serious on this i even msg'ed R%R after respawn asking what happened and no one responded out of 5 medics on 

Also my list was NOT meant to be all negative, just giving my initial thoughts :^)

5 minutes ago, Skateezy said:
I vouch for this.

I literally have bled out three times within the past few days with medics that are nearly on top of me.

5 minutes ago, Noble said:

No no trust ne, im being 100% serious. 10 medic stack and i bleed out 15 min. I didnt care enough to get screenshots of the medics involved but If it helps, I was on yesterday from 3:30 to 12 EST. 100% being serious on this i even msg'ed R%R after respawn asking what happened and no one responded out of 5 medics on 

Also my list was NOT meant to be all negative, just giving my initial thoughts :^)

Record and report! For this specifically i wanna mention that there was staff on doing events, but bleeding out this much and this often, not okay. 

2 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

We need more info on admin tools to even pitch any of these ideas.

It really is as simple as providing a list of what you have in your houses and getting it compensated but there is too much mistrust for the general populace for the staff team to trust they weren't doctored.

I see no issue in letting a few million slide into the economy by those who DO lie to accommodate a closure of server 1 or 2.

I pitched this awhile ago at a meeting and it got no traction but this is what I was thinking. This really isn't that confusing of an issue, it's not like we are the first server to do this.

Step 1: Put warnings up everywhere two weeks before server closure. Side chat warnings, tooltip warnings, login screen, forums, everywhere thinkable. The goal here is to reach the player base that DO not use the forums also. Warning Example: "Server 2 will be closing down on *date*, record all the contents of your properties and submit a compensation request"

Step 2: Set a meeting date for ALL major faction leaders to talk to map designers. Senior R&R, sAPD, Senior Support, Senior Civilian Council, and staff to discuss new locations for houses and sheds. Focus on killing excess access on map (I have like 40-50 screenshots of completely useless structures that are not on the baseline Altis map).

Step 3: Temporarily allow Senior Support, Moderators, and Senior R&R to accommodate compensation requests ONLY related to server transfers. I am excluding sAPD and Civilian Council from these allowances because frankly neither of those positions are relevant to trustworthiness. Senior R&R is included as they are typically neutral players due to lack of civilian gameplay. They would be rewarded for this much like any other position, whether it be "brownie points" to get their fake online promotion, staff points, warpoints, whatever (this is to reduce sketchiness and doesn't violate labor laws).

Step 4: Increase the frequency of warnings 5 days before closure.

Step 5: Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Guest
11 minutes ago, Noble said:

Currently there is a major problem as well where if you die in a vehicle that explodes when the car finishes burning your body disappears with the vehicle, this also makes it so we no longer can see your request on our deployment. That said you may not have died in this manner but I figured I would point it out regardless.

1 minute ago, Noble said:

@SPBojo one of us just died and medic claims they dont see the request? This could be part of the issue as well. Not sure why when i died 3x they NEVER responded in R%R msgs

Its a bug, if you die due to a vehicle getting exploded your body gets deleted and medics cant get you what so ever.

• Admin
1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

Its a bug, if you die due to a vehicle getting exploded your body gets deleted and medics cant get you what so ever.

Holy shit they need to get on that before comp request start flooding in 

• Like 1