Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 11/15/20

3 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

@TM_ You need to chill out man. Over the last 2 years of being a Senior, I've seen less bias in the last 6 months than any point in my time. Yes, some promotions can be seen as bias, however, we've made it significantly harder for a set of Seniors to "push" through a prospective Corporal. Your constant attacks on Seniors just makes you look silly. Is the APD a perfect faction? Far from it, however, this is the most at peace Senior APD has been internally and has been for a considerable amount of time. Decisions are being made with facts and experiences rather than emotions. I will say that we cannot please everyone, but we do wish to hear out all sides of discussion.

The way some of you react to feedback or criticism implies it is never a discussion regardless of how professional you try to appear here.

At the start I expressed the concern that sAPD should be "more hands on with mentoring" because no one took the time to patrol because sAPD only log in when every jumps channel to Fed/BW. Since two select sAPD threatened to blacklist me of being critical of them being arrogant cunts after a Pharma and Fed a few weeks back I don't bother communicating anymore (You all know who I am referring to; I am not saying they did a absolute shit job, them just sitting in a hidden channel while on active duty and even after 8 waves into pharma they still didn't consider teamwork speaks for itself). Following that situation they gonna be toxic and taunt me over before said shit and pretend after that there is no bias? Stop pretending.

I am spoken down about among sAPD and then you gonna turn face to the otherside preach to me not to be critical. Maybe if some remained professional at the start they would have accepted feedback like anyone else does on the server but instead opt to live in a cesspool of elitism where their fragile ego dictates how to hear feedback and whether it is constructive or not.

I found that pledge said it well enough in Noah's interview, he wanted that shit to end because that sepretism breeds a bridge between upper and lower ranks as if lower ranks below are lesser members of the community.

2 hours ago, Mudiwa said:

TM bro ur not corp because your TM

I've never asked or think I am deservent of the interview for promotion. I do welcome the exam but all things in good time but although I do suspect I'll not be given the opportunity based on prior treatment because of percieved offences against sAPD and my squad SGT & LT (Rabid and Mita). Because I reposted and lol'd at my Squad SGT's bath meme video now he has hurt feelings towards me ever since and I suspect Mita is still negative about me because I opted to swap over to Civilian instead of being forced to be cop on Server 2. Goat was fine with it at the time, I don't know wtf the problem is though. *shrug*

Edited by TM_
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 2
  • Downvote 2
44 minutes ago, TM_ said:

The way some of you react to feedback or criticism implies it is never a discussion regardless of how professional you try to appear here.

At the start I expressed the concern that sAPD should be "more hands on with mentoring" because no one took the time to patrol because sAPD only log in when every jumps channel to Fed/BW. Since two select sAPD threatened to blacklist me of being critical of them being arrogant cunts after a Pharma and Fed a few weeks back I don't bother communicating anymore (You all know who I am referring to; I am not saying they did a absolute shit job, them just sitting in a hidden channel while on active duty and even after 8 waves into pharma they still didn't consider teamwork speaks for itself). Following that situation they gonna be toxic and taunt me over before said shit and pretend after that there is no bias? Stop pretending.

I am spoken down about among sAPD and then you gonna turn face to the otherside preach to me not to be critical. Maybe if some remained professional at the start they would have accepted feedback like anyone else does on the server but instead opt to live in a cesspool of elitism where their fragile ego dictates how to hear feedback and whether it is constructive or not.

I found that pledge said it well enough in Noah's interview, he wanted that shit to end because that sepretism breeds a bridge between upper and lower ranks as if lower ranks below are lesser members of the community.

I've never asked or think I am deservent of the interview for promotion. I do welcome the exam but all things in good time but although I do suspect I'll not be given the opportunity based on prior treatment because of percieved offences against sAPD and my squad SGT & LT (Rabid and Mita). Because I reposted and lol'd at my Squad SGT's bath meme video now he has hurt feelings towards me ever since and I suspect Mita is still negative about me because I opted to swap over to Civilian instead of being forced to be cop on Server 2. Goat was fine with it at the time, I don't know wtf the problem is though. *shrug*

4n4qxd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clown 1
4 hours ago, TM_ said:

I'd say that a lot of the negative interactions you describe, is due to your naturally combative nature when speaking with anyone in a position of relevance to a situation. Whether it be regarding staff situations or APD interrogations, you will consistently enter the situation heated, rather than take logical steps towards resolving them. So that's why some people are more combative with you to begin with because the way a discussion goes is dependent on the reaction of the individual at question.

As a member of the community, I respect your opinions and takes on things but when it always goes back to trash talking staff or Senior members of the community. It's hard for anyone to take you serious.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, TM_ said:

So u made a joke, they got offended and now wont give you a position. Sounds like you did it to yourself bro LMAO

• Clown 1
1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I'd say that a lot of the negative interactions you describe, is due to your naturally combative nature when speaking with anyone in a position of relevance to a situation. Whether it be regarding staff situations or APD interrogations, you will consistently enter the situation heated, rather than take logical steps towards resolving them. So that's why some people are more combative with you to begin with because the way a discussion goes is dependent on the reaction of the individual at question.

As a member of the community, I respect your opinions and takes on things but when it always goes back to trash talking staff or Senior members of the community. It's hard for anyone to take you serious.

Last time I checked it was you came into a support case already being handled by another admin and you turned feedback into a arguement because of difference in opinion, you kicked me from the support channel because were childish and pigheaded and then I was moved back in and apologized to by staff after you left the channel. If you respected me then that wouldn't have happened.

4 minutes ago, Mudiwa said:

So u made a joke, they got offended and now wont give you a position. Sounds like you did it to yourself bro LMAO

wtf you even on about?

• Clown 1
3 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

See this all sounds great but then when we try to have a reasonable discussion with some members of SAPD we're told "report me" and they disconnect, or in some cases refuse to even come to support.

• Hmm 1
  • Senior Map Designer
16 minutes ago, Blueangelman36 said:

See this all sounds great but then when we try to have a reasonable discussion with some members of SAPD we're told "report me" and they disconnect, or in some cases refuse to even come to support.

Support isn't a place people go to have a "reasonable discussion", it's where they go to try and extort others and to argue.  Don't blame people for not wanting to deal with shit in Support.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Support isn't a place people go to have a "reasonable discussion", it's where they go to try and extort others and to argue.  Don't blame people for not wanting to deal with shit in Support.

This peaks volumes about the mentality of some of those who are sAPD.

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 3
11 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

I think this statement is true for some (which is incredibly unfortunate and could be fixed though policy changes for support - but that's another discussion) but I personally do not try to extort anyone in support and as you can clearly see in the video, extortion didn't occur there. It was *supposed* to be a clean and civil discussion. Thats what support is there for and thats what it should be used for.

Edited by Blueangelman36
  • Senior Map Designer
Just now, Blueangelman36 said:

I think this statement is true for some (which is incredibly unfortunate and could be fixed though policy changes for support - but that's another discussion) but I personally do not try to extort anyone in support and as you can clearly see in the video, extortion didn't occur there. It was *supposed* to be a clean and civil discussion.

I understand that, but probably 9/10 times it happens, Support is honestly a joke now compared to what it used to be.  You know how to have a reasonable discussion with us though if there needs to be one.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

I understand that, but probably 9/10 times it happens, Support is honestly a joke now compared to what it used to be.  You know how to have a reasonable discussion with us though if there needs to be one.

It is also up to which support member you get, for example every time I've got Tyrone we ended up solving the matter in a civil manner without any problems and quite fast. I can't remember other names but I do remember getting multiple support member that are actually good. Of course there are also those that just sit there and do nothing about whats going on or sometimes they might even incentivize a fight in between both parties.

2 minutes ago, TM_ said:

Those who take on the role of senior members of a faction should be more mature and not be toxic spergs and sort shit out before making more work for the admins.

You know this ain't ever gonna happen.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TM_ said:

At the start I expressed the concern that sAPD should be "more hands on with mentoring" because no one took the time to patrol because sAPD only log in when every jumps channel to Fed/BW. Since two select sAPD threatened to blacklist me of being critical of them being arrogant cunts after a Pharma and Fed

Ok, since you want to bring what you did onto the forums and then lie about it, you asked over group chat at a pharma to a corp who was playing with us "Is that enough sucking dick at the pharma?", and then talked shit about sapd with a channel full of deputies. 

Basically this without any text because I can't be bothered.

Bike-Fall.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Zeuse said:

Big +1 to that. Maybe we can co chair the #FuckSupport train?

But in all seriousness, support is incredibly broken and frustrating but I think the best policy of engagement is to at least try going in to determine if theyre brain dead or reasonable. 

• Like 3
On 11/19/2020 at 4:38 AM, TM_ said:

Promotion to CPL+ depends on "no gag reflex". xD

On 11/19/2020 at 10:14 AM, TM_ said:

Because I refuse to suck your cock. lol

Only saw this now. This is the biggest pile of shit btw. Ofc you shouldn't be literally *attacking* the people u want to promote you, but there is 0 cock sucking needing to be done. You have -100hrs on cop and you sound astounded that you arent a corp, not only do you not even have the hours, you camp the forums chatting shit. You said something about 'feedback or critisicm', nothing of what you say is 'feedback' it's an attack u sped. Idk how u learnt to get any point across, but u sure as hell arent that good at it. I'm literally sick of logging onto the forums and just seeing this one little TM retard always *chatting shit* about the sAPD. I myself, know things needing changed in the sapd, i dont log onto the forums and launch a fucking attack on them though, yes, i get a bit toxic when i get pissed. But you literally are just always here chatting shit to sAPD. Like dude. Fuck off. For real. Fucking retard.

• Like 4
  • Senior Map Designer
3 minutes ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Big +1 to that. Maybe we can co chair the #FuckSupport train?

But in all seriousness, support is incredibly broken and frustrating but I think the best policy of engagement is to at least try going in to determine if theyre brain dead or reasonable. 

I don't really disagree with you but I think most if not all SAPD members are competent enough to understand if they mess up and to provide compensation or not without going through to trouble of Support.

3 minutes ago, CaloomClark said:

Only saw this now. This is the biggest pile of shit btw. Ofc you shouldn't be literally *attacking* the people u want to promote you, but there is 0 cock sucking needing to be done. You have -100hrs on cop and you sound astounded that you arent a corp, not only do you not even have the hours, you camp the forums chatting shit. You said something about 'feedback or critisicm', nothing of what you say is 'feedback' it's an attack u sped. Idk how u learnt to get any point across, but u sure as hell arent that good at it. I'm literally sick of logging onto the forums and just seeing this one little TM retard always *chatting shit* about the sAPD. I myself, know things needing changed in the sapd, i dont log onto the forums and launch a fucking attack on them though, yes, i get a bit toxic when i get pissed. But you literally are just always here chatting shit to sAPD. Like dude. Fuck off. For real. Fucking retard.

+1

49 minutes ago, Blueangelman36 said:

At the time, I felt that I was in the right and a decision was made involving Senior staff. Look, I admit I was wrong but you can't expect to have reasonable conversations with anyone in support. Most of the time, both sides are already angry at each other so usually it ends in a shouting match with the only winner being the support member that just listens and gets their ticket. Again, I was wrong with my interpretation of the rules and I will own that.

1 hour ago, TM_ said:

Last time I checked it was you came into a support case already being handled by another admin and you turned feedback into a arguement because of difference in opinion, you kicked me from the support channel because were childish and pigheaded and then I was moved back in and apologized to by staff after you left the channel. If you respected me then that wouldn't have happened.

With regards to this situation. Multiple staff member told you that you were incorrect in your actions and your interpretation of the situation. You continued to argue so I wanted to save us all the headache of continuing the arguement.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

you can't expect to have reasonable conversations with anyone in support.

This is where we disagree. It is true that most support cases are pointless (as I've said before in this thread - can be fixed but that's another discussion) its that sort of attitude (especially coming from an admin) that turns a lot of people off from the server. If the only resolution to a problem is to take the time to submit a player report or IA it creates way more tickets and doesn't allow for any discussion. Support should be encouraged, not shunned. Even if the positive interactions are rare, that doesn't mean they don't exist. 

Would you like to join Zeuse and I on the #FuckSupport committee? I can offer you executive secretary or treasurer.

• Like 1