Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Conquests PSA

• Community Manager

Recently there has been a rash increase in petty rule breaks i.e. VDM, DPI, Exploiting etc. that has drawn our attention. Moving forward individuals that are punished for offences during conquests are subject to suspension from S3 Conquest on top of their regular ban. Chronic offenders may receive permanent suspensions from S3 Conquest.  

VDM

As a reminder, you should NEVER kill a player after running them over. After a spangle, you should do your best to give the spangled player a fair chance (eg letting them drive away in their ifrit, get to cover and start shooting, etc. Using your vehicle to intentionally spangle someone for any reason other than a last resort (ie they're shooting at you and your intent isn't to kill them) is considered VDM. Shooting a player spangled at fault of anyone other than themselves or their gang is also subject to administrative action.

Obviously accidents happen, so infractions will be handled on a case by case basis. Use common sense, don't spangle for an advantage. 

Examples of VDM

• Spangling a player and shooting them while they're down
  • Spangling a player and shooting them immediately after they're unspangled
  • Shooting a player that your gangmate or another player has spangled
  • Spangling a player for your teammate to shoot

Examples of not VDM

• Spangling a player that is shooting at you as a last resort (life or death), then leaving the area to let them reset before engaging
  • Shooting a player that has been spangled by their own vehicle

Exploiting

• DPI glitching (apache helicopter mode/mouse flailing)
  • DPI jumping to get into a position, reduce your chances of being shot, or gaining a tactical, or perceived, advantage

In addition, with the acceptance of new moderators, we will try to have server 3 conquest with a dedicated staff member to spectate & handle issues. They obviously won't be able to spectate everybody, so please clip and report infractions.

• Like 13
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1
59 minutes ago, Mako said:

• DPI jumping to get into a position, reduce your chances of being shot, or gaining a tactical, or perceived, advantage

its not dpi jumping, im just wearing heelys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

the server is dyeing and you want to add this, there is really no need for this if a freak comes up to you and vdms you report them easy you don't have to put a full psa for a simple conquest

• STFU 1
Just now, markatticlimber said:

the server is dyeing and you want to add this, there is really no need for this if a freak comes up to you and vdms you report them easy you don't have to put a full psa for a simple conquest

🧠

Just now, markatticlimber said:

i love men

🌈

Edited by torre
  • PogChamp 1
1 hour ago, Mako said:

Examples of not VDM

• Spangling a player that is shooting at you in order to eliminate the threat, then leaving the area to let them reset before engaging

not cool

• Like 1

"Use common sense, don't spangle for an advantage."

Examples of not VDM

• Spangling a player that is shooting at you as a last resort (life or death), then leaving the area to let them reset before engaging

You're telling me that spangling a player shooting at you doesn't give you an advantage?.... The irony.

2 hours ago, s3an1 said:

So when you come out of smoke and see a player on the ground who you might not notice is spangled, that you didnt run over, and you shoot them.. you can be banned? 

Pretty much, I saw some kid spangled and killed him

Thats on me, but I have reason to believe he spangled himself

(edited for clarification that I'm not banned; but I would accept anything that happened)

Edited by C H O K E H O L D

I dont see how you can cry paved. you literally vdm and shoot someone almost every conquest. pretty sure you did it last conquest actually lol how many vdm bans do you have 

• STFU 1
4 hours ago, Paved said:

"Use common sense, don't spangle for an advantage."

Examples of not VDM

You're telling me that spangling a player shooting at you doesn't give you an advantage?.... The irony.

Well, this is an altis life server, if i am being shot at, I MUST take any and all precautions necessary to protect my life. If that includes running little timmy in front of me, so be it, little timmy shall suffer.

• Haha 1