Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked save server 2

i say we all boy cot server 1 bc they did the same shit when they took down server 3 years ago and they lost a massive player base because of it. yall are killing you player base so shut down server two guys see what happens yall are dumb and this is how you kill a player base. yall want one server so you can milk more money out of players for a priority slot im not dumb screw yall. every one who sees this join me in boy cotting server one tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 2
  • Clown 2
  • Downvote 2
  • STFU 5

The thing is, Yesterday the server wasnt even up and no notifactions was made about it. A day before that the server was again closed than what the server name titled it.  The server is bearly up for 2 hrs now. like its sad why this is happening tho.

#safe server2

What does closing server 2 achieve? Short term money? What happened to the respect that the Olympus Team used to give to the players back in the day, making the changes that we wanted to see, because they were small? Now that they've made it, almost no regard to veteran and new players. Just whatever makes the most money. Disappointing, you guys are gonna lose a lot of die hard players with this update. I just hope you notice your mistake and reimplement server 2 before everyone leaves and its too late.

• Love 2
  • Pepega 1

I mean I'm losing money cause I collected 2k+ frog and then they're like of we're closing 2 for the night gl. I can't make money on 1 cause all the houses are pretty much bought up. I mean I'm fine with it closing but if you're gonna do it just do it already. 

#saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 #saveserver2 

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, dellshark said:

i say we all boy cot server 1 bc they did the same shit when they took down server 3 years ago and they lost a massive player base because of it. yall are killing you player base so shut down server two guys see what happens yall are dumb and this is how you kill a player base. yall want one server so you can milk more money out of players for a priority slot im not dumb screw yall. every one who sees this join me in boy cotting server one tomorrow.

Server 3 was closed as a result of a dwindling player population, the older the game gets the more people get permed / quit playing it. We're trying to preserve our playerbase by closing a server on off peak times to increase player population on a singular server. This will increase our server ranking & lead to more people joining the server as a result. People don't want to start playing on a server they see 20 people on, they will however play on a server with 80 people.

We will never have priority slots.

1 hour ago, Bob2 said:

The thing is, Yesterday the server wasnt even up and no notifactions was made about it. A day before that the server was again closed than what the server name titled it.  The server is bearly up for 2 hrs now. like its sad why this is happening tho.

#safe server2

Regrettably we didn't post a notification regarding S2 being offline yesterday, we're trying to experiment and change its uptime as needed to supplement the overall server population.

47 minutes ago, TimeParadox said:

What does closing server 2 achieve? Short term money? What happened to the respect that the Olympus Team used to give to the players back in the day, making the changes that we wanted to see, because they were small? Now that they've made it, almost no regard to veteran and new players. Just whatever makes the most money. Disappointing, you guys are gonna lose a lot of die hard players with this update. I just hope you notice your mistake and reimplement server 2 before everyone leaves and its too late.

Closing S2 results in higher player population on S1 & will result in more new players joining our community. This decision is not based on monetary needs but the needs of the playerbase and keeping gameplay on our server consistent. Its quite dreadful playing and seeing player populations below 20 on both servers instead of merging the populations.

22 minutes ago, Bushz said:

I mean I'm losing money cause I collected 2k+ frog and then they're like of we're closing 2 for the night gl. I can't make money on 1 cause all the houses are pretty much bought up. I mean I'm fine with it closing but if you're gonna do it just do it already. 

If you play the server during off peak times I'd recommend trying to purchase property on S1, you might not find something perfect but you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

To clarify, we're not permanently closing server 2, just narrowing the schedule slightly to reflect the player population after seeing the data since the November update. As such we'll be changing the schedule from a 5:30AM EST close to 1:30AM EST close

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Mako said:

Server 3 was closed as a result of a dwindling player population, the old the game gets the more people get permed / quit playing it. We're trying to preserve our playerbase by closing a server on offpeaks to increase player population on a singular server. This will increase our server ranking & lead to more people joining the server as a result. People don't want to start playing on a server they see 20 people on, they will however play on a server with 80 people.

Regrettably we didn't post a notification regarding S2 being offline yesterday, we're trying to experiment and change its uptime as needed to supplement the overall server population.

Closing S2 results in higher player population on S1 & will result in more new players joining our community. This decision is not based on monetary needs but the needs of the playerbase and keeping gameplay on our server consistent. Its quite dreadful playing and seeing player populations below 20 on both servers instead of merging the populations.

I'd recommend trying to purchase property on S1. We're currently working on implementations to make migration between the servers easier either via new houses or allowing some form of cross server housing.

To clarify, we're not permanently closing S2 it has been closed of recent to keep player population up on S1 and will be reopened when the population can be supported across 2 servers. We will also be keeping it open on the weekends.

yo pussy why are you shutting down server 2?

• Owner
9 minutes ago, Mako said:

Server 3 was closed as a result of a dwindling player population, the older the game gets the more people get permed / quit playing it. We're trying to preserve our playerbase by closing a server on off peak times to increase player population on a singular server. This will increase our server ranking & lead to more people joining the server as a result. People don't want to start playing on a server they see 20 people on, they will however play on a server with 80 people.

I'd recommend trying to purchase property on S1. We're currently working on implementations to make migration between the servers easier either via new houses or allowing some form of cross server housing.

To clarify, we're not permanently closing S2 it has been closed of recent to keep player population up on S1 and will be reopened when the population can be supported across 2 servers. We will also be keeping it open on the weekends.

This ^

Also, S2 ain’t going anywhere nor did we make any changes. If we were to make changes, we’d announce it. Today was the only “experimental” day I had where I wanted to see the difference in pop if I opened it *literally* an hour later. The other few days we lowkey forgot to manually turn it on cause life took over for everyone that has the capability. 

Nobody being left in the dry, just exploring potential options. Nothing is set or even planned for S2 as it stands. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

This ^

Also, S2 ain’t going anywhere nor did we make any changes. If we were to make changes, we’d announce it. Today was the only “experimental” day I had where I wanted to see the difference in pop if I opened it *literally* an hour later. The other few days we lowkey forgot to manually turn it on cause life took over for everyone that has the capability. 

Nobody being left in the dry, just exploring potential options. Nothing is set or even planned for S2 as it stands. 

save server 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Owner
2 hours ago, dellshark said:

yall want one server so you can milk more money out of players for a priority slot im not dumb screw yall. every one who sees this join me in boy cotting server one tomorrow.

What? Lmao. I don’t see a future with Olympus having priority slots on Arma 3. Maybe if arma 4 ever came out, but def not for arma 3. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Mako said:

To clarify, we're not permanently closing server 2, just narrowing the schedule slightly to reflect the player population after seeing the data since the November update. As such we'll be changing the schedule from a 5:30AM EST close to 1:30AM EST close

A lot of server 2 players agree server 1 is better based pvp but the thing is for new player I see them getting on server 2 more to make money because with how dead it is now. compared to back in the day, having 1 compacted server or lowering the time on server 2 will prevent the players that go to server 2 to make money so they can fight which is the only thing left for fun on this server. because this games old and new players will get deterred from playing because " being robbed " when they cant do runs because a server with 80 - 90+ people on it.

7 hours ago, Mako said:

We will never have priority slots.

If you play the server during off peak times I'd recommend trying to purchase property on S1, you might not find something perfect but you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

Do you actually mean AM, Because if it is then no-ones going to be on that unless they are from west coast or if they are willing to stay up but still then its probably only going to get 10 MAYBE so tbh its the same as shutting it down.
Honestly if you get this server cross items thingy Ryan was talking about that will fix almost everyone's complaints the rest will be people who have good houses but your not going to comp them so yeah but to get this feature you have to get your devs to do their job...... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that basically means server 2 items are gone.
I    ❤️    Olympus Staff
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2
#SAVESERVER2

1447754128_tumblr_mn0a19Wppk1qbogk6o1_400.gif

Make it easy for people to transfer their stuff to S1, comp their gangsheds / houses + upgrade cost in full, kill S2 outside of weekends and call it a day, ez pz, people that complain that they have to s1 and cant play on s2 are just scared of a server with more than 60 people. 🤣🤙

• Downvote 1
38 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

Make it easy for people to transfer their stuff to S1, comp their gangsheds / houses + upgrade cost in full, kill S2 outside of weekends and call it a day, ez pz, people that complain that they have to s1 and cant play on s2 are just scared of a server with more than 60 people. 🤣🤙

no its the fact that big gangs on server two sit there and bully new people yall dont do anything but rob and camp everything. no one new can make money bc they cant get a chance to.