Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

server dying or will it come back

• Lead Developer

There are a few things in the works that will be designed to appeal more to people and try to make the game more fun for everyone. I can't say this will "bring back the server", but it should alleviate some concerns about population 🙂

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 2
  • TriHard 1
18 hours ago, ZeRo said:

What exactly happened with that? I remember it was a work in progress and then it disappeared.

Cartel rats didn't like him because he didn't focus on cartels so he quit instead of dealing with fake online drama

We even had plans on expanding to CSGO, Minecraft and a few other games too, but that wasn't cartels so he was a "shit owner"

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Senior Admin
2 hours ago, Strikke said:

Cartel rats didn't like him because he didn't focus on cartels so he quit instead of dealing with fake online drama

We even had plans on expanding to CSGO, Minecraft and a few other games too, but that wasn't cartels so he was a "shit owner"

Isn't Ares the owner who sucked as much money as possible out of this and then dipped? Can't forget the classic increase the donation goal and devs will get a little bit of money

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Masoooooooooon said:

Isn't Ares the owner who sucked as much money as possible out of this and then dipped? Can't forget the classic increase the donation goal and devs will get a little bit of money

That was peter long lol, mans made hella bank 

4 hours ago, Strikke said:

I'll never forget him flipping a coin to decide for a change during a staff meeting, though probably better than what's going on now.

• Like 2

1-  Working for 2 hours and being fucked by the Cops in 1 minute.  ( İllegai Work /  ı am alone )

2-  Cops use of mods ( Cheating/Script )

3-  Gangs use of Mods  ( Cheating/Script )

4-  the comfort of the robbers in the city centers ( vigi ) 

5 - nstead of restricting the use of "teser" weapons, the areas of use and the high number of users

6-  Desire to destroy each other instead of working together and earning money in encounters in illegal or legal business areas

I'm sorry for my bad english. 

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 1

Ban cheaters instead of protecting them to preserve population. People end up quitting because of cheaters and all that remains in the end are the cheaters. 

It's not a dead server but I remember not too long ago when it would get 100 people on s1 and s2. It sucks that when the server actually gets pop that it lags and takes 30s to pull a vehicle and shit like that. 

Honestly I think it can be salvaged but people need to get banned more for cheating rather than meta gaming and failure, maybe instead let the person know what they did wrong before banning them if it's their first offense. 

• Like 1
On 2/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, Fiend said:

If a battleye ban wave occurs then 50% of the population is gone.

Server is dead. Let’s be real, who plays arma 3 anymore?

Server is dead... Not the Game.. The game has 40k players active on it daily

I think the number one thing killing the server is the constant "planning for failure."  It seems like a ton of the decisions made are made on the notion of 'the end of days' mentality.

When they do things like closing other servers, and forcing all the fish into one barrel, the death of the server becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, that is then used to justify the decisions that kill the server itself. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, anti said:

I think the number one thing killing the server is the constant "planning for failure."  It seems like a ton of the decisions made are made on the notion of 'the end of days' mentality.

When they do things like closing other servers, and forcing all the fish into one barrel, the death of the server becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, that is then used to justify the decisions that kill the server itself. 

Limiting s2 was the best decision possible 

• Head Admin
50 minutes ago, anti said:

Most communites that at one point had multiple life servers have since dropped to one and are still going strong.  Our server 2 has been on life support for a long time at this point and @Ryan NEEDS TO PULL THE PLUG ALREADY.

When we closed server 3 the doomsayers said it'd be the end 

When Poseidon left they said the same. 

When McDili and Jesse left they said the same

When Zhazi took on his extra curricular project they said the same.

You get the picture.

Olympus right now isn't even at it's lowest point.

• Like 3
  • Hmm 1
1 minute ago, Grandma Gary said:

Olympus right now isn't even at it's lowest point.

It's definitely at its lowest point excluding wipe, can't even fill up 1 server and majority of the content made in the past year is geared toward cartel retards that are invincible on warzone and can self-sustain there, practically living on a cqc server.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

It's definitely at its lowest point excluding wipe, can't even fill up 1 server and majority of the content made in the past year is geared toward cartel retards that are invincible on warzone and can self-sustain there, practically living on a cqc server.

Still mad about those tier 3 vest i see @Silton

6 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Still mad about being the worst head civ council needing maj to come to staff meetings to push your ideas for you.

Lmao you still care. Never asked for him to be there. Get a life and get off anzus.