Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

RE: Duping Ban Wave

1 minute ago, Mako said:

There was a singular AEGIS member that had something that could be classified as slightly malicious usage, he ended up losing money doing it and was still taxed for it on top of that.

We had to draw a line somewhere and if we hadn't than the list of 21 could have been 36 instead. 

Scrap                 Insurance          Net Duped

60,800 3,420,000 $2,660,000

Regarding @ Greezy Gabe  I don't particularly care that he donated as much as he did, he supported the server and it was generous and kind of him to do so however it doesn't exempt him from the server rules the same as anyone else. If there was anything there then he'd be done in. We literally just had a Founders Circle donor get GB'd, he's not coming back lmfao.

unban me im innocent its like giving a crack head some crack ofc im going to make money while its in the game

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Community Manager
4 minutes ago, N9ne- said:

Genuinely curious@ Mako

Was a date range applied to the numbers/scrap checks? (It has been in quite some time, just crafting is new)

Prior to the update, what was the scrap # for normal ifrits/hunters?

How did some users know about the price of crafting prior to the update releasing?

Date range is 4/01-4/14

Scrap values remained the same, the vehicle was supposed to be deleted however recent patch etc.

Anyone that asked me was told, some individuals had CC access to an early access sheet from RT segments. I believe it should have been posted in RT summary or something? I don't quite remember.

Just now, Peanut Butter Jelly said:

So why is that singular AEGIS member not being perm banned? And also, aegis being filled with Staff allowing this to happen within their own gang? Seems to me like theres like of corruption coming out the entire aegis should be wiped same way you're going to every gang and just banning them without any association 

That’s what I’m saying bro they started doing this shit first monster had the most scrap at one point 

2 minutes ago, Mako said:

There was a singular AEGIS member that had something that could be classified as slightly malicious usage, he ended up losing money doing it and was still taxed for it on top of that.

We had to draw a line somewhere and if we hadn't than the list of 21 could have been 36 instead. 

Regarding @ Greezy Gabe  I don't particularly care that he donated as much as he did, he supported the server and it was generous and kind of him to do so however it doesn't exempt him from the server rules the same as anyone else. If there was anything there then he'd be done in. We literally just had a Founders Circle donor get GB'd, he's not coming back lmfao.

I did it one time and was permanently banned. Is that not considered slightly malicious? Malicious is malicious

• +1 1
2 minutes ago, Mako said:

he went up 50 mil. he did not go negative... thats more then 90% of the people that are banned....

1 minute ago, Mako said:

Date range is 4/01-4/14

Scrap values remained the same, the vehicle was supposed to be deleted however recent patch etc.

Anyone that asked me was told, some individuals had CC access to an early access sheet from RT segments. I believe it should have been posted in RT summary or something? I don't quite remember.

I would be interested to see that date range expanded to accompany the entire timeframe that the scrap was available

• +1 1
  • Admin
11 minutes ago, Peanut Butter Jelly said:

And where is all the aegis members havent seen one wiped or banned yet? Lots over coverup this like 911 over again

individual players were banned and dealt with, the reason you see 9 members out of a gang is not because they are friends its because they were ALL doing it

• +1 1
Just now, Noble said:

individual players were banned and dealt with, the reason you see 9 members out of a gang is not because they are friends its because they were ALL doing it

true

• Senior Developer
17 minutes ago, Peanut Butter Jelly said:

So what is he using to scrap then? Because revise saying he was scrapping ghawks lol 

TFW you can't insure the ghawk, so you couldn't do this with it. :pepega:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Mako said:

LOL DRAW THE LINE FOR A PERM AT AEGIS MEMBER/ NON AEGIS MEMBER GOT IT

• +1 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, codeYeTi said:

aint my problem my insurance company be doin gods work

2 minutes ago, Noble said:

So where is the fair treatment in the fact that their is a Aegis member "slightly malicious usage" not being perm banned/fully wiped like the rest of us, just because they are in special gang doesn't mean they get special fucking privilege's. #AegiswIpe all should be treated fairly and same or else it's fucking favortism.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mako said:

What action was taken upon the remaining 15? Just taxed & had the duped money taken from them?

Is there some sort of punishment that could be indicated in the future of their involvement of a duping exploit through logs?  Are these players given the restriction status? 

• Community Manager
22 minutes ago, Fuzz^ said:

LOL DRAW THE LINE FOR A PERM AT AEGIS MEMBER/ NON AEGIS MEMBER GOT IT

Drawing it at him prevents people that profited slightly from this from getting a big ticket ban. He didn't profit and additional assets were seized from his account on top of what he lost.

60,000 1,020,000 $4,980,000
48,000 480,000 $4,320,000
38,000 660,000 $3,140,000
35,200 940,000 $2,580,000
35,200 880,000 $2,640,000
31,600 420,000 $2,740,000
30,000 340,000 $2,660,000
30,000 340,000 $2,660,000
17,600 880,000 $880,000
27 minutes ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:
27 minutes ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:

That’s what I’m saying bro they started doing this shit first monster had the most scrap at one point 

Monster had scrap/gear saved up from the past few years old playing the server, most of it being high value BW stuff like ATs, Armed Hurons, etc. I think he bought a Thermal Helmet or 2?

26 minutes ago, icemann said:

I did it one time and was permanently banned. Is that not considered slightly malicious? Malicious is malicious

What you're failing to mention to the class is the 40k scrap that was slid to you to put in a house lmfao

25 minutes ago, N9ne- said:

I would be interested to see that date range expanded to accompany the entire timeframe that the scrap was available

This exploit only lasted from 4-01 onward, there aren't dupes/exploits prior.

Just now, Hazardous said:

What action was taken upon the remaining 15? Just taxed & had the duped money taken from them?

Is there some sort of punishment that could be indicated in the future of their involvement of a duping exploit through logs?  Are these players given the restriction status? 

my cock has weeping wounds

• Haha 1
  • Community Manager
1 minute ago, Hazardous said:

We chose not to inact punishments/taxes on the remaining 15 (excluding the aegis member) as we cannot inherently discern a malicious intent to exploit the system from their interactions compared to the 21 banned players.

• Like 1

the simple solution to this is figure out how much they made and take it. if they have less than what they made wipe the account. if not let them keep what is legit. obviously it will be hard to determine what is legit and what isn't, but as long as the money is recovered it shouldn't matter. if one person doesn't deserve a perm then neither does anyone else. 

• +1 1
  • Senior Developer
3 minutes ago, Peanut Butter Jelly said:

Have you check his garage yet? It's fully insured 

And he still cannot re-insure it. Unsure why it has insurance, looks like that dates back to something from 2021.

6 minutes ago, codeYeTi said:

How can a "CANT INSURE THE GHAWK" then be fully insured?

Screenshot (5).png

1 minute ago, Fuzz^ said:

the simple solution to this is figure out how much they made and take it. if they have less than what they made wipe the account. if not let them keep what is legit. obviously it will be hard to determine what is legit and what isn't, but as long as the money is recovered it shouldn't matter. if one person doesn't deserve a perm then neither does anyone else. 

Fully agree with this, like I was saying unfair treatment. Intent is intent, doesn't matter how much was done. 

1 minute ago, Fuzz^ said:

All the accounts involved were already wiped