Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Modded server community thoughts?

Modded or No?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a modded life server?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

just dont mess it up the Australian theme, Americans have a bad habit of taking something 'Australian' and fucking it up until its not Australian..look at the outback steak house for example! lol

on a side note, why the hell have i got 2 of my videos attached to my signature?!? this is not my doing lol

Edited by Papamunski
messed up signature

just dont mess it up the Australian theme, Americans have a bad habit of taking something 'Australian' and fucking it up until its not Australian..look at the outback steak house for example! lol

on a side note, why the hell have i got 2 of my videos attached to my signature?!? this is not my doing lol

1. Click on drop down menu to the right of your profile picture.

2. Account Settings

3. Signature

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think a modded server would be really awesome but I'd prefer one or the other not both at the same time. Mainly due to the player base, amount of staff and development priorities/time.

i would like to claim that i was a part of the inspiration that developed into this idea. me and poseidon have had alot of talks about Arma3Life and modded servers and it resulted in him making this thread idea thing. thanks plzeidon, and gary, remove my points wont you? : )

I've been pretty tempted lately to make a modded life server, kinda like Arma 3 Life. Just found this map released a week ago as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=66&v=pzXxHe7ad1I

What are your thoughts on this? Discuss :P

Modded servers open up a ton of possibilities, more cars like lambos, less limitations, custom weapons, etc.

Hahahahaha.

OMG I had the same idea about 2 months ago ago. Same map.

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/11153-quick-question-is-it-easy-enough-to-transfer-the-features-of-altis-life-onto-another-map/

Long story short, I have permission from AL RPG (which wasn't a dead cert) under the condition that obviously I'm not an asshole and charge for shit all A3L-like. I got the impression "Donate if you enjoy" option was all good.

I have yet to contact the map developer for his permission.

However, I have 0 coding knowledge and to my knowledge no friends that can help either so it kinda got stuck in the mud there...

If you need some Aussie consultants, Papa and myself are good for it lol

Edited by The Gent

Is it possible to download/update mods through the launcher or would we still need to use the aids that is arma3sync?

Steam Workshop's auto updates works well for Breaking point's integrated launcher, wonder if it would be easy enough to code a basic launcher that simply syncs the workshop files?

Edited by Harpoon
  • Like 1

I would like to see our Altis Life Servers running better with things added into them like "shipwrecks" ect and bug fixes done before we even look at another Life server...I mean to be honest, I have been playing on Olympus for 1 Year now and the frame drops and lag is so bad, like nothing Ive ever seen before. Its bad at the moment :(

• Head Admin

ya gonna need my presence to bogan the fuck out of it! Ya better have utes, uggies and farkin winnie blues mate and dont forget the farkin VB alright! now where's me farkin thongs 

The only part of that I understood was thongs.

I like thongs ^_^

• Like 1

IDK WTF those two guys are talkin about, but I think that map would be freekin sick.  I hope lakeside isent being considered...  That map just looks rushed and cartoonish to me for some reason.  Australia or riot!

IDK WTF those two guys are talkin about, but I think that map would be freekin sick.  I hope lakeside isent being considered...  That map just looks rushed and cartoonish to me for some reason.  Australia or riot!

just talkin boganese mate....

• Like 1

Yeah mate, no need to take the piss...we are just talkin Straya m8 :)

yeah fuck lakeside, sunnyvale is where its at, good bogan hunting grounds, pension day is the best huntin day, farkin bogans and yobbos everywhere mate