Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Modded server community thoughts?

Modded or No?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a modded life server?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

I think application only would be good, But dont make it so ridiculous, like that shitty lakeside place. Wanting 250+ words why you should be allowed in, interviews, etc etc. Like, I want to play a game, not have a damn job application. Just a fairly simple one, with a quick TS "interview" mainly to just see someones age. Should be 18+ ( Really 25+ would be even batter)

• Like 1

Someone mentioned it already but what ever happened to the remake?

Welfares big update that will never get released...

Poseidons new server overhaul to make it client side...

Now with the modded server, where will all the developer attention go? I've already spent a lot of time on altis getting where I am, now you want to basically drop support for it and move on? The reason Olympus has so many players is because it requires no mods... anyone can play and this logic follows with king of the hill and asylum being the most populated servers on arma 3 right now.

If I had to assume I would say the things that Poseidon is doing could probably be applied on any map given a few tweaks?  Not positive on that though.  As far as the new map.  From what I understand it is still moving forward.  Its just a little slower now that Warfare stepped down.  Personally, I think its somewhat redundant that Olympus runs two of the same maps.  An alternative, which may have already been considered, would be to run the Australia map on one server and the remake on another.  Give people some selection.  When they get sick of one they can switch to the other.  It would be a shame to just completely ditch Altis.  But to be able to play a map like Stralia on Olympus, with mods, would be insane!

I also doubt anything would change, as far as applications and white-listed spots, if Olympus started using modded servers.  Why would it need to?  It would simply be a new map, or an addition to what already exists.  Dont be afraid of change, embrace it!

• Like 1