Bubbaloo Burrito

Any updates on performance on Windows 10 for Arma?

Any updates at all? Is it worth it? Any loss/gain on performance?  I want to get it real soon because I love how they went back to their roots on the UI but I mainly play ARMA on my PC and I don't want to compromise. Thanks guys/girls! 

• Like 1

From what I'm reading online, upgrading from Windows 8 is a no-brainer, whereas upgrading from Windows 7 is a wash at best.  I'm currently running Windows 7 and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach for the time being; don't fix what's not broken etc.

I upgraded from windows 7. For me 10 has been amazing so far. Plays games really well, if anything my FPS went up in Arma, and it just feels better lol 

• Like 3

went from 8.1 to 10 and other than some minor nvidia issues it was smooth and i noticed a "slight" fps improvement, but that may have also been due to the hotfixes bohemia has been doing to fix the freezing/crashing issues

Oh okay.  The performance increase do you think it might have been a "placebo effect" ? And another thing,  did you guys upgrade or full install your Windows 10?  I haven't checked any info on Windows 10 yet so excuse my "newbiness" on it. 

I upgraded from 8.1 on the first day and that was when all the nvidia drivers and windows update were going hand and hand and nothing was working but after they ot everything fixed it seems arma runs okay for me. It ran a little better on 8.1 still had the shitty memory leak error on both versions of windows but RC 1.50 still isn't out yet which is the update and configuration for windows 10 so until that comes out can't give you much info. When it does, I'll test the fps and tell you what's up.

• Like 1

Fresh installed Windows 10 and ArmA 3, runs great. I'd say better, but I also upgraded to an SSD at the same time, so it's probably the SSD.

SSDs don't help with performance at all.  Only loading times.  Also STDs don't help with sexual performance.  But will decrease your getting blown times.

• Like 4

The multiple desktops feature of Windows 10 is pretty sweet.  1 desktop for music, one for work stuff, one for gaming.  Gnome/KDE had this 15 years ago; no idea why it took MS so long.

On 8/12/2015 at 8:11 PM, Thomas said:

SSDs don't help with performance at all.  Only loading times.  Also STDs don't help with sexual performance.  But will decrease your getting blown times.

It helps on load times. It's a very good and noticeable improvement. What you should have said instead was that doesn't help on FPS. But anyway if the server is full and you are in Kavala square no matter how good your PC is you going to run around the same FPS as everybody else near you.

Thanks Bohemia Interactive

Edit: Sorry you actually said it only helps on load times. lmao

Edited by Tspoon

I've had 10 for a while and no performance drop here. Handles the game just as well, in fact my probability to texture bug has decreased significantly. May just be a coinkydink but just reporting what I see!

10 minutes ago, Harambe said:

I've had 10 for a while and no performance drop here. Handles the game just as well, in fact my probability to texture bug has decreased significantly. May just be a coinkydink but just reporting what I see!

you're past a year late