Locked Some transparency

Members of the Community

I am informing you of recent Senior APD and Staff transgressions that have occurred during the former Chief of Police's tenure.

First and foremost 2 former staff members were leaking detailed information about staff decisions/conversations to the Chief of Police. These actions were beyond the scope of their duties and have been dealt with. The Chief had established a reward system for one of these members, allowing them to keep their whitelisted rank after retirement as payment for "services" (providing sensitive information). This exchange of information is a breach of trust that the staff, the APD, and the community has with the staff and the Chief. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

The second issue was that the Former Chief was neglecting their duties in order to put the staff "in their place". When the Former Chief was tasked to make changes to the handbook regarding Bait Cars and Mobile Checkpoints, he refused to fulfill the role of his office. The staff had to take the reins of Chief to update a rule. If the Chief was unwilling to perform his duties, then he is unwilling to be Chief.

The third issue was that the Chief and a Deputy Chief intended to abuse their positions of authority to remove a Lieutenant from the SAPD. The Chief and this Deputy presumed that this Lieutenant had reported their activities to the staff, when in reality he had not. They intended to find any reason or to create a reason to justify the Lieutenant's removal. Not only is this a complete abuse of power by the Office of Chief, it is a total breach of trust between a commander and his subordinates. Such behavior and actions will not be tolerated in any whitelisted element, and are subject for immediate removal.

If anyone has question, PM me or find me in TS if you are concerned.