Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

I've played for two weeks.

Hello, I've been playing for about two weeks and I figured I'd introduce myself here and talk about my experiences so far.

I had played ArmA 3 life a few years ago, I'm not sure if this was the same server but things were very easy to pick up again. When I started playing I wanted to see how the RP community was, being that it's an open server I expected some compromises. Early on I was able to establish a character by getting my licenses and some cars and homes, after having been robbed many times.

So far as I've played I've recorded as much as possible, there were instances where I lost audio so that messed up some the videos of the encounters I've had. Fortunately the servers run exceptionally well and I don't drop frames in comparison to others which has made it much more enjoyable to play.

I've come across a variety of people playing, most are awesome. There have been a few times where people spoil the fun by not RPing out situations but generally speaking you're likely to get something from meeting people randomly. That said, not every person I've met has taken to an RP-based mentality and as I mentioned before I expected to have to make compromises. To make that clear, I knew not everyone would play by the rules and I found that out early on by hanging around populated places.

To be completely fair I've enjoyed playing so far and I might continue to which has left me with a question; how much of this server is dedicated to RP and should those that choose to play from that perspective be disadvantaged by those who choose not to?

Really it's been fun so far but I don't know the community that well and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Thank you.