On 5/16/2023 at 10:14 PM, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Damn, y'all really just want to have the same abilities as APD without the same ruleset for it don't you?

This entire argument is defused by the fact that we lose our kits when we die.

There is NO risk to playing cop. You guys have buyable hawks, cheaper vehicles, cheaper weapons, and you keep your gear when you die - while also not having to account for NLR.

You are too shortsighted by the trees to see the plains. If you incentivize vigilantes on cartels then Therisa camping goes down and you give a decent playground for the reward system. We are nearly guaranteed to find high wanted criminals within cartels that have gear. Why add that system if you're going to make us sit at rebel outposts to get vigilante points?

Edited by Skateezy
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Skateezy said:

This entire argument is defused by the fact that we lose our kits when we die.

There is NO risk to playing cop. You guys have buyable hawks, cheaper vehicles, cheaper weapons, and you keep your gear when you die - while also not having to account for NLR.

You are too shortsighted by the trees to see the plains. If you incentivize vigilantes on cartels then Therisa camping goes down and you give a decent playground for the reward system. We are nearly guaranteed to find high wanted criminals within cartels that have gear. Why add that system if you're going to make us sit at rebel outposts to get vigilante points?

Realest post on here, I turn away so many possible arrests each time I'm on because they are not geared (unless helping low tiers in the gang) I almost exclusively sit at rebels, check illegal zones for people doing runs, push BMs, camp air hospital for people getting dope during feds. 8/10 times its either VERY geared player(s) with less than 200k bounties I catch or I get swamped by two zerg gangs that are grouped up for big events (e.g. tonight silla/woo grouped to do a fed, I got swamped 🙂 )

I can almost guarantee a good chunk of APD, lets say a solid third of them has never played vigi. From my experience they seem to be under the impression that vigis are NOT allowed to be in redzones AT ALL (My first time getting stripped at T4, one of the main reasons I heard them keep throwing around was "vigis aren't supposed to be in redzones anyway" Although I did get ripped for tasing a cop twice from distance at an airdrop.)

All I'm after is renown points as a T5, which I am increasingly getting fed up with trying to acquire. But enough of me complaining about dying to zergs, cartel rats, and rookbangers. I might have an idea.

Implement a warrant system for T5 that gives guaranteed renown points for the capture of the individual along with points based on their bounty and how geared they are. The player will not be notified if their bounty is less than 1 mil, warrant jammers will remove location tracking for 8 min. Which might warrant a price increase for warrant jammers, the player chosen is at random and soft logging will not get rid of the 2km circle for the assigned T5 vigi. Normal engagment rules will still apply for both parties.

TLDR: T5 vigi gameplay is boring and APD stinks

Inb4 the "If you want to do warrants just be APD" take