Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Gas Stations saying who is robbing them

Gas Stations saying who is robbing them  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the name be removed from the notification that everyone sees?

• Remove the name from notification
    • Leave the name on the notification

Wondering whether the community felt that gas stations showing they name of who is robbing it seems meta. All the other events on the server do not tell you who is robbing, so why should the gas station robbing's be any different. 

• Like 1
  • +1 2
9 minutes ago, P0IS0N said:

Wondering whether the community felt that gas stations showing they name of who is robbing it seems meta. All the other events on the server do not tell you who is robbing, so why should the gas station robbing's be any different. 

Personally I don't see an issue with it. Black Markets showcase which gang is capturing it, Cartels showcase when a player is on it and what gang they are. You can easily tell who is doing a Fed/Bank by the killfeed and player groups.

Plus, it is rare that someone responds to it from what I have seen, and the value you get out of the gas stations is minimal

Edited by N9ne-
  • Downvote 1

Realistically the name should appear as pharma when sold "(Players name) has robbed the neo gas station" if anything.

Logically if gas stations (The lowest income robbery) reveals the players name why does art gallery not when its able to draw in 10x more money? 

The comment (Its rare that someone responds) this also applies to art gallery yet there is no name shown at art gallery?  

N9ne references cartels and black markets but these activities show the name after captured not during the capturing process.

There was also mention of the federal event but if you're comparing gas station robberies to federal events i feel as though your logic might not be valid on this topic.

• +1 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 1

Gas stations only ever get contested by cops when 20+ are on and a group is bored or mainly vigis if you have over a 75k bounty. Gas stations are almost completely safe aside from the fact vigis respond imagine if no name was shown, cops would almost never respond and vigis will no longer go out of their way to check unless they are close by making gas stations (which payout 35k-85k) basically free money. This would turn into plane runs or salvage. Dead content that got nerfed into the ground. If names were removed and nothing else was changed this would allow anyone to make 300-800k a hour almost uncontested.

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 1

Cops should treat gas station robberies as something to actually respond to instead of just "eh, no money in it so not gonna do it". Up the prices on the robberies with a set time limit like Kavala art gallery and give a little higher reward and could become more interesting.

• BlessUp 1
  • Downvote 1
  • STFU 1

Clash i know for a fact you would show up to a gas station robbery with a ghost hawk if the guy doing it had a mill bounty so i could see why its in the senior APDs best interest have more knowledge on where players are at during small time robberies.

1 hour ago, Garth Flanders said:

Cops should treat gas station robberies as something to actually respond to instead of just "eh, no money in it so not gonna do it". Up the prices on the robberies with a set time limit like Kavala art gallery and give a little higher reward and could become more interesting.

Thats a pretty interesting point of view, it would be good to do more small things with the server but to many long term players such as clash and n9ne who dont even participate in these small events seem to shut down and deny minor changes even when it doesnt effect their day to day in game QOL in any way shape or form.

• BlessUp 1
  • Senior Web Developer

I kinda understand the argument of it being meta. I’ll definitely bolt to a gas station on my vigi account if I see the person is wanted for enough. But I definitely enjoyed that feature as a low tier vigi. Now that I have many more arrests I just ignore the gas station robberies.

• Wow 1
  • Hmm 1

I can see both sides, either way I don't think it really has that much of an impact. I'd probably lean more towards removing it from broadcasting your name. Personally, I enjoy being able to talk my way out of things and that would give me the ability to do so.

• Like 1