In-game mic not working

I am having an issue with my ingame mic not working, I’m not sure how to fix it. My steam voice audio is set to how it should but other than that I’m not sure what is the reason it’s not working. If anyone can help me in this situation on how to fix it that would be great. I can talk in discord just fine just not in game. 

29 minutes ago, Dmoney said:

I am having an issue with my ingame mic not working, I’m not sure how to fix it. My steam voice audio is set to how it should but other than that I’m not sure what is the reason it’s not working. If anyone can help me in this situation on how to fix it that would be great. I can talk in discord just fine just not in game. 

Go into your sound settings Vol mixer> Select the drop down and manually assign the mic (Input Device)

• +1 1
4 hours ago, Vitae said:

Go into your sound settings Vol mixer> Select the drop down and manually assign the mic (Input Device)

If you're on W11 and it's not working or greyed out for some reason hold Win+R and type "mmsys.cpl" and press enter and it'll take you into the older Windows version where you can set it as a default device by going to input then right clicking on the correct device and clicking "Set as default communications device" and the other default selection also

Not sure if this is still an issue, but I had some weird mic issues pop up a couple weeks ago and I had to delete all of the profile files to get it to work again (you’ll have to rebind everything and do all your settings again)

Before I did that I:

Made sure my mic was set to my default device in windows

Made sure it was set correctly in steam

Tested it elsewhere

Verified integrity of Arma 3

Deleted my entire /steam/steamapps/common/Arma3/ folder and reinstalled

Verified that my keybindings were set correctly and nothing was conflicting

When it still didn’t work I deleted both of the profile folders

/Documents/Arma 3/

and

/Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/

That’s what finally fixed it for me