Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

I need help with Notepad ++ because I'm dumb

I recently downloaded Notepad ++ because the regular notepad that windows comes with is to plain for my eyes. And I had a problem where I couldn't open any text files with notepad ++, it only opens it with the default windows notepad. I followed the instructions in this video (that you can look through if you like) and it didn't seem to work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skuV1D4RIUo : I don't know how to fix it. And of course it will probably end up with something as simple as changing a setting but idk how to fix it, I might just be dumb. But the interesting thing was that even when I made a text document IN notepad ++ and when I saved it, and re opened it on my desktop it STILL opened it in the regular windows notepad and not notepad ++. If any of you had this problem and some how fixed it, or if you use notepad ++. if you have any tips for me that would be great, Thanks.

Or right click on the file you want to open, click "Open With", find Notepad++ (will probably have to browse for it) and make sure "Always use the selected program...." is selected. All files of that extension will now open with Notepad++ from that point on.

• Like 1