Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Approve Epi Pens Befor Revive

So today me and someone were talking about this in square and this was what we came up with. Recently i have been epi pened when i did not want to get revived and then after the epi pened me they engaged me. Say if player A dies buy player B then player A just wants to respawn but player B gets to player A befor he is able to respown and epi pens him and re engages him. So if there was a way to add a diolog box and when player B starts epi pen a meassage pops up on dead player A and says "Player B is trynbg to epi pen you would you like them to proceed Yes or No".

Not complaning or anything just thought of this idea let me know what you think.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Or have an option under request medic saying request epi-pen

Respawn

Request Medic

Request Epi-Pen

If you don't press the button, you can't be epi-penned.

Yea that would work too. Anything to aprove someone to epi pen you.

9 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Just a thought here, but when you want to get epi-pen'd just put your hands up? Wouldn't that just make them not want to kill you and leave you alone?

They could all ways rob you and take your shit. Say you are in a fight against a nother gang and you die from them and you want to get epied by one of your gang members but the gang that kills you epi pens you and then robs you. So if you can approve who can and can not epi pen you I think it would help out aloy.

Or maybe a rule should be created stating: If a player is to Epi-Pen another player, it is to ONLY help that player. Ex. If John Doe dies and Jane Smith buys an Epi-Pen to revive John, Jane cannot "rob" or harm John in anyway for 15 minutes.

To do this would be a major nerf and a major buff in separate ways--it would be a nerf to the end-users who use epis for more than just aid for their teammates/friends, but it would protect a lot of random people from additional robbing/hassle/BS.  That said, I don't think this should be done because I believe that in some ways it would restrict the roleplay opportunities, etc., that come from getting rev'd by a hostile team and having to deal with their demands/instructions to become their hostage or whatever the case may be.  Obviously, there will always be dudes who use it to rev in redzones and then tap people so their guns are removed or whatever else people think of, but that's their prerogative and I don't think it should be taken away from them.  If an enemy team really wants to send their money and epi-pen to revive you even after they've picked up your cases, then why regulate that?

9 minutes ago, Stix said:

They could all ways rob you and take your shit. Say you are in a fight against a nother gang and you die from them and you want to get epied by one of your gang members but the gang that kills you epi pens you and then robs you. So if you can approve who can and can not epi pen you I think it would help out aloy.

Yes, but I would argue that that's part of the mechanic of epinephrine pens.  I feel like the fact that you can be epi'd by an enemy balances it out.  The epis are extremely powerful in that they can be used to revive anybody, anywhere, in any battlefield or situation, and I feel like adding the risk of, "Gosh, the enemy team might try and rev-rob me" is a cool and interesting twist on the item.

4 minutes ago, BananaHammock said:

Or maybe a rule should be created stating: If a player is to Epi-Pen another player, it is to ONLY help that player. Ex. If John Doe dies and Jane Smith buys an Epi-Pen to revive John, Jane cannot "rob" or harm John in anyway for 15 minutes.

As I suggested in my first paragraph, it is my opinion that a rule like this would be regulating gameplay too strictly.  15 minutes is the same length as NLR, keep in mind--even the combat timer is only 5 minutes.  In principal I oppose this because I wish the epi-pens can continue to be loosely controlled such as they are now.  The most damage you can possibly do with one is kill somebody if they try and resist a robbery, that's my stance.

• Like 1

would rather have lethals be fixed, epi-pens work on cops, and not losing gear when respawning as a cop rather than another button to allow epi-pens to work on you when it rarely happens to people.