Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

"Connecting failed." error messgae pop up after trying to join server #2

Often when I try to join server #2 I will get an error message pop up on my screen saying "Connecting failed." I have tried fixing this error by restarting my game (which works sometimes but not very consistently), I have tried flushing my DNS, I know I'm not IP banned, and I can always join server #1. I have been having this issue for about a week now ever since I was banned. If anyone has encountered this error before I would love to know how you fixed it because I have my house on server #2 and would like to play on server #2

This is a screenshot of what the error looks like when it pops up after I try to join. - https://gyazo.com/3478357f226a2c30851c7073323ee13d

• Like 1

I actually have this same issue.

The only reason I can fix it is because I'm an admin. I have to go through hoops though. Like I have to connect to our server 1 RCON first, then it will let me connect to Server 2 RCON but not the server in-game.

After I have connected to server 2 RCON, only then can I connect to server 2 in-game.

I don't understand why this happens and it regularly drives me up the wall. I've tried everything to fix it and nothing works aside from that workaround.

I also think it's just absurdly strange that I can't connect to server 2 RCON without first connecting to Server 1 RCON. That part makes absolutely no sense to me.

On 7/20/2016 at 2:07 PM, Fedot said:

As of Recent Arma Messed up Connecting to servers. When Connecting it'll say connection failed or something. As I Researched this I've come across a few Solutions you should try

• Flush your DNS Cache
  • Make sure you are on Stable Branch of Arma
  • Make sure your Firewall doesn't block ARMA
  • Run ARMA as an Admin

If these do not work try contacting me on TS.